“Excellent choice in a great location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #40 of 105 Hotels in Tulsa
Wichita
“Excellent choice in a great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My wife and I stayed here for one night while in town for a concert at the BOK. The hotel was clean, the staff were very polite, and our king room had plant of room, although it had a hint of cigarette smoke when we first arrived. While it was located in the corner next to the elevator, we couldn't hear the normal foot and elevator traffic you would expect. We were pleased with the hotel and would return again if in the area.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Basalt, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This hotel was once a Hilton. There are some nice leftovers from those days. The staff, except for one lady on the night shift, was exceptional. The hotel is clean, neat and has basic amenities. I was attending my grandson's graduation and the ORU Mabee Center was directly across the street. Perfect. I recommend it mostly for business travelers. It's a little off piste for tourists, being way out in South Tulsa and near some very questionable neighborhoods.

Room Tip: Stay on the higher floors. Loved the 10th floor! No noise, good views.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled solo
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This was the best experience we have ever had at a hotel. We were very please. We were apart of a basketball tournament this weekend of 5-23-15. Since we live in Oklahoma City we were just planning to drive back home Saturday night and drive back Sunday morning. When we got there and realized how bad the weather got with flooding and tornado warnings all around so we decided it would be best to just stay with the team there in Tulsa. I called the Crown Plaza hotel around 4 or 5 (bc thats where our team had already booked at)that Saturday afternoon to see if they had a room available. I was very please that they did considering it was last minute on a holiday weekend. I was very pleased with the price also as I figured it would be higher booking last minute. The woman I talked to taking my reservation was very very helpful and very pleasant. I had questions and she was able to answer all of my questions. Please find out who she is and give her praises and acknowlegement that we appreciate her grweat customer service! (My name is Laina Jines and we called to book Sat afternoon)When we arrived to the hotel I was very pleased at how nice the hotel lobby was and that there was a Starbucks, and a bar!. The only downfall was our room was on the 11th floor (1118) but we didnt mind bc we were happy to be able to get a room last minute, knowing it would be difficult. The convenience to the tournament being right across the street at the University was so great! We slept great even through the storms. We didnt even notice it was storming! Being on the 11th floor thats awesome! We loved our room. Everything was clean and very nice interior and decore. I loved the bathroom also. It was veryu clean and very nice interior and decore.Sunday morning we had to be at the tournament at 745 am. WE stopped at the little starbucks stand and my caramel moch was delicious. Its the best one Ive ever had! I was very surprised! I cant say enough about how pleased we were with the Crown PLaza hotel. WE look forward to staying there again! We didnt have time to use the fitness center or the pool.which I wished we did. Maybe next time! The little aeromatherapy and foot therapy fcomplimentary gift was great for my son as he was in the ball tournament ansd already had an injured foot,. Very great idea!!!

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
Justin H, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Tulsa Southern Hills, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for the positive review! We're thrilled you had such an enjoyable stay with us. Our Starbucks baristas definitely know how to make a good coffee and we're glad you got to taste it. Next time you're here make sure to check out the fitness center and the pool so you can get the complete experience since that seems to be the only thing you missed! We'd love to have you back next time you're traveling to Tulsa. We strive to maximize our guest experience and are delighted that you had a wonderful one.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Great trip. Hotel was very accommodating and assisted us with all of our needs. They gave us a late check out with no extra charge, front desk staff was wonderful, and rooms were very clean. The beds were very comfortable and the hall was quiet.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
Justin H, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Tulsa Southern Hills, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Guest,

We're very glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us. We strive to make our guest experience as welcoming and comfortable as possible. Come stay with us again next time you are in Tulsa and thanks for taking the time to write a review!

Brighton, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

My wife and I were doing Route 66 and finding hotels as we went along. When we got to Tulsa we thought that we would be assured a good night in the Crowne Plaza. How wrong we were.

The design of the hotel was ridiculously poor. The hotel's bar has a very high sloped ceiling (3 stories high) and so this means that a great many bedrooms have no outside view at all - only a dark, dismal view of the glass ceiling's rafters, or a downwards view into the bar.

We were particularly unlucky to be on the 4th floor where the bar's roof attached to the main wall just above our bedroom window. So, as well as having no view at all, we were also forced to put up with all of the noise from the bar which was channelled upwards and amplified by the sloping room.

The bedroom we were given was fit for nothing other than storage. If my wife had not been unwell we would have demanded a proper room.

To expect guests to both endure and actually pay for this experience demonstrates the management's utter contempt for its customers. Our complaint fell on completely deaf ears.

Don't be fooled by the exterior of this hotel - or by its pleasant situation across the road from the university. Go and find somewhere which was professionally designed for the convenience of its guests, not for their torture. This was, by far, the worst hotel room we have ever had to endure.

Avoid this hotel, and its callous management, if you can.

Room Tip: Avoid your inconvenience and find a different hotel
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Justin H, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Tulsa Southern Hills, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Guest,

We certainly appreciate your feedback of the overall design of the Crowne Plaza Tulsa and location of our Lounge. As you may not know the hotel was actually constructed by the University giving the hotel so much great history and with great pleasure to share with you we are actually slated this year to undergo a multi-million dollar renovation so your feedback with be shared with the design team and we will take these suggestions into consideration.

Princeton, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This is my second time staying here and it is a very nice room. Beds are comfortable. Rooms are clean and staff is nice. Cleaning staff is a bit noisy most of the day though and they barely friendly. The view is wonderful from the top floor. Noise level from outside is minimal.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Justin H, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Tulsa Southern Hills, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Guest,

I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again the next time you are in Tulsa. I'll make sure to have a quick chat with some of the housekeeping staff. They do work very hard so I apologize if they didn't have the chance to say hi. Thanks for taking the time to write a review!

Regards,

Brookfield, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed at this hotel about five years ago when visiting Tulsa so we expected more than we received from this hotel. We checked into our room for a four day stay. The room was very dark as the drapes were pulled shut. My husband worked on them for a good fifteen minutes before he was able to loosen them enough to open them. I went into the bathroom and tried turning on the light. I had to punch it three times to get it to turn on. I tried this several times with the same result. We then tried to turn the TV on and it did not work. I went to the phone to call the front desk regarding these problems only to find there was no dial tone on the phone. I went to the front desk and two women told me we could change rooms but they were all alike. They then had a maintenance person walk me up to look at the room next to ours to check it out. At first glance, everything worked so we moved. The next morning when taking a shower, I was suddenly standing ankle deep in water that was not draining from the tub. I told the front desk. That evening we attempted to use the light next to our bed to find it did not work. I asked to have it fixed. The absolute worse thing is that the hotel has a towel policy where if you want fresh towels, you place them on the floor. If you want to reuse a towel you hang it up. I never use towel more than once even at home. So I placed the towels on the floor. The next day when I took a shower, I unrolled a towel to find that it was wet and obviously had been taken off the floor and rolled up and placed where the clean ones were supposed to be. During one of the nightly storms, we decided to order room service. We ordered a salad, a pizza, and dessert. The salad was good, the pizza was put right on the cardboard box without anything under it and consequently, it stuck to the box. We attempted to scrape it off the cardboard box and It was cold and soggy. The cake was anything but fresh. When we got ready to leave, I carefully checked the bill to find we were charged for room service twice at two different amounts. How many people would not look at that and notice it?

Needless to say we will never stay there again. Oh, did I mention the price of the room was extremely high in comparison to other large chains in Tulsa?

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Justin H, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Tulsa Southern Hills, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Guest,

We sincerely appreciate your very detailed review. We will look into these issues that you had and do all that we can to ensure future guests do not encounter these problems. The problem that you mentioned about the towels (as well as other issues) is unsettling to us and we will see that these get handled. We apologize that you had a less than satisfactory stay.

Regards,

Guest Services Manager

Been to Crowne Plaza Tulsa Southern Hills? Share your experiences!