“Could shine but needs better house keepers.” 2 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #34 of 100 Hotels in Tulsa
“Could shine but needs better house keepers.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

I'm actually staying here right now. It is an older hotel. The service is very friendly although seem to be bothered if things don't work out. I'm on my forth room and it is the worst one. The others were actually cleaner but the manager down stairs has already moved me to the top floor and given me the golden ticket for breakfast so how could I complain right?! This hotel room is only cleaned at eye level. You can tell by the attached pictures. The linen is filthy and I'm not sure what I'm going to use to sleep with. I hate having to guess if they're stains or ???. my advice if your used to staying at the Motel 6 this place might be luxury but if you know what else is around here for the money go there. Where you know what your going to sleep on ;)

• Stayed January 2015

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Concord, NH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Overall experience was good...but, the hotel could use a little attention to detail. The room was large and comfortable but the thermostat did not seem to affect the temperature in the room. There was a large wood cabinet designed to hold a refrigerator, but no refrigerator. The beverage vending machine in my hallway did not work...all little things, but they add up.

Staff was great and the food was very good.

Got a great price through priceline, so the value was good!

I would return if I could duplicate the price.

Room Tip: up high, away from elevators
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The hotel is located across the street from Oklahoma Surgical Hospital and Oral Roberts University. We spent the night there before my husband's surgery early the next morning so very convenient. The room was very large with plenty of room for everything. The bathroom had a nice sized vanity with room for all our toiletries. The heater was fairly loud so it made it hard to go to sleep. The room was clean and had nice furnishings. There is a restaurant (no free breakfast) and a "Starbucks" type coffee kiosk in the lobby.

Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Salina, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

First, let me say this: I have stayed in crappy hotels to nice hotels and I am always fair in how I review each one. This hotel was booked at a good price on a third party website, with an even added bonus for booking during Thanksgiving weekend, so I was almost half expecting "so-so" service. It was my two friends and I traveling and we arrived on a Friday evening. There was plenty of parking and the hotel was in a good location (lots of restaurants nearby plus Walmart next door!). The front desk staff was attentive and friendly during our stay, as we encountered them four times, including asking for suggestions on places to eat and drink in downtown Tulsa. So A+ to the front desk staff!

The room was clean and well kept, with plenty of space for three grown women. While the overall stay in the room was okay, there were enough issues that forced me to rate this 3 instead of 4 or 5. The major problems occurred in the bathroom. Saturday morning when we took showers, the drain was PAINFULLY slow and I showered quickly in ankle-deep water. The second problem kept me from showering before we left on Sunday as my friend said there was black stuff in the tub when she woke up that morning to shower. I don't know how it happened, but to me it looks like something backed up into the tub while we were sleeping (which was real brief that night/morning). To me, that's something that doesn't surprise me thanks to the slow drain, but it incredibly gross. If we had been staying another night, I would have said something. So hopefully someone who runs the hotel sees my review and can fix it. If you are a manager, it was room 622! Anyhow...the other problems were the walls were very thin and I could hear a lot through them. I like to not hear much from other people when I'm in a hotel room.

Other than those issues, I liked the hotel and would definitely try it again. My overall experience was good, but those other issues is what kept my rating down.

Room Tip: Don't be afraid to ask the front desk for anything!
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
GuestSupport, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Tulsa Southern Hills, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Jessica C!!

Thank you for your recent stay with us. It means a lot to us that you have taken the time to provide thorough review. I am glad that over all you liked our hotel and will give us another opportunity to serve you. On the other hand we re very sorry bath tub drain fell below your expectations and room's thin walls was not your liking..

Your comments are very important as it helps us constantly improve our standards for service quality.We will take into considerations your review to take corrective actions in the area that you mentioned.We would definitely like for you to come back and give us another try.

At your services!!
Albert Bashir
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Everything looked great coming in. Very clean, very nice people. Unfortunately, we heard everything from our neighbors all night. Upstairs and next door. Talking, slamming doors, turning on the faucet even. If it weren't for this, we would have come back.

• Stayed January 2015
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Tulsa Southern Hills, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Casey P,

Thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to write a review. We are pleased you liked our hotel location, cleanliness and service commendable. On the other hand, it is regrettable that noise disturbances experienced was a let down. Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience these aspects have caused. We have forwarded your concerns to the hotel management and will be a basis for future upgrade.

Thank you again for your review and we hope you will consider us again and see the improvements made.

Dianne L.
Case Manager
IHGCare
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Poor customer service, staff is unfriendly and they act like they don't care if you're there or not. This hotel was awesome when Megan and Lindsey were at the front desk and it has gone from great to awful.

Dear DTS_bnsf,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay at our Crowne Plaza Tulsa Southern Hills, OK. I would like to sincerely apologize for the inconveniences that occurred during your stay most especially with the mishaps in the service received from our staff.

I have taken note of your valuable feedback, this will be forwarded to management to consider for improvements.

Dianne L.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Chelsea, Oklahoma, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Great price, Clean, friendly, close to breakfast (First Watch), lunch, dinner--New Year's event (and Wal-Mart which we didn't go to this trip:) Very peaceful, quiet, black out curtains. Not far from Aquarium and River Walk and ORU.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Crowne Plaza Tulsa Southern Hills? Share your experiences!