“Disappointing!” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #35 of 100 Hotels in Tulsa
Yarm, United Kingdom
“Disappointing!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Stayed here from 24/11/14 to 12/12/14. Rooms are ok, clean enough as you'd expect. The TV didn't work well nor did wifi in my room and I thought the breakfast was poor. The gym is not well equipped and the swimming pool is also very small. I had an unexplained additional fee charged on checkout which the receptionist said was for room service and movies. These already appeared on my bill which I had paid but as I was in a rush to get to the airport I paid and left. The hotel have ignored my follow-up e-mails querying this. Overall I would say go somewhere else!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Longview, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My first experience with a Crowne Plaza was just....well, meh. It was in another state.
This property changed my mind. It is well appointed and maintained. The rooms are large and have plenty of electrical outlets.
The only not so great part of the stay is that in my opinion the breakfast buffet is overpriced for what is offered.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
GuestSupport, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Tulsa Southern Hills, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear Tomtbomb!!

Thank you very much for your 4 Star review.I am delighted that you had a great experience with us minus your breakfast experience. I will be certain to share your feedback with our Food & Beverage Director so we can improve for the future.As we strive to always improve.

Most Sincerely,
Albert Bashir
Crowne Plaza Tulsa Southern Hills
Tulsa, Oklahoma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2014

The rooms are older, the hotel has been around for over 20 years, so it is what it is. The beds were very comfortable and even though It was snowing outside, the pool was warm enough to swim. I loved the 12pm checkout.

Booked through Priceline and the manager and reception staff were incredibly rude about it. They wanted to charge 15$ "in case you walk out with hotel property". Then it ended up being 15 per room, which actually ended up being over 50.00 with "taxes and fees." I pay taxes through Priceline and we didn't order room service or anything else. When I asked for a receipt to show nothing had been charged to the room, the manager was terribly rude and at first refused to provide one. Several other families we talked to expressed similar problems.

The white sheets on one bed had a large urine stain. Gross.

They refused to put the two rooms I booked next to each other but instead placed them on different ends of the hotel, so we spent the entire stay running back and forth.
The hotel is not really close to any fun things in Tulsa, unless you include the casino. There are other places to stay which are much nicer for the same price.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2014

Has changed ownership, so could not buy a beer at the bar. The lobby was VERY COLD. The suit room was OK, The breakfast service was OK, but the eggs came luke warm, I did not tell the staff, as I had to eat and go.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Tulsa Southern Hills, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear David M,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding the suite and breakfast.

However, we’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the lobby temperature. We will look into this concern. I assure you that the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Humble, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2014

My dad and I went there for the Tulsa Arms Show. We had a great stay. The breakfast buffet was awesome! The room was very clean, large, & comfortable. Only one hang up was nobody manning the starbucks coffee bar, but that was ok. We had a great time. Staff was courteous & attentative and restaurant food was great. I plan to stay at this Crowne Plaza again.

Room Tip: The double queen room was a good size. Larger than many in this class.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2014 via mobile

Hotel was clean and nice. Room was comfortable, could not turn on AC, just a fan so the room was a little warm but not suffocating. Breakfast was excellent for the price. (Free) lol My only complaint was the desk agent. She first tried to overcharge me, had I not looked up the price prior, I would not have known. Also she forgot to give me a room number, the WiFi password and the breakfast voucher, all of which I had to go back and ask for, at different times--of course. They also have a pool that the kids got to enjoy which was a treat since it's the beginning of November. Overall, great stay. I will stay there again and would recommend to everyone. One last perk, it's very close to the Walmart and a huge casino!

• Stayed November 2014
Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel but it has some quirks about it. 1) check your room assignment. They don't look at your reservation and tend to give you rooms that don't match what you asked for. 2) some of the rooms have cabinets for a small fridge...but there's no fridge. Go figure. I mean the cabinet sits on the floor...it's kind of obvious it's for a fridge and completely useless for any other purpose. I saw a hotel worker carrying around a fridge...twice. It's like they don't have enough and move them around. 3) avoid floor #3 and numbers less than 312 (if I remember correctly). The windows open to an inner atrium that over looks the bar area. It's noisy at night and no light makes it in to the rooms. 4) the cleaning staff doesn't like to adjust their schedule at all...period. On the bright side the work out room is actually nice. It needs a little more lighting...could use some can lights in the corners. But it's nice. Rooms are clean and well appointed other than the missing fridge.

Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Tulsa Southern Hills, responded to this review, November 12, 2014
Dear David H,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We are sorry for the shortfalls you have experienced during your stay. Your comments are highly valuable and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Crowne Plaza Tulsa Southern Hills? Share your experiences!