“Beautiful stay in Tulsa” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #31 of 100 hotels in Tulsa
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
“Beautiful stay in Tulsa”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Hotel is located across from Oral Roberts University, which made for beautiful walks. The hotel was comfortable and accommodating. If we had stayed longer, I would have enjoyed the hotel's restaurant and many perks.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

111 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Branson, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Rooms were very clean. Best hotel ive stayed in for quite some time...very suprised its clc approved. Definatly felt clean and comfortable. This is a hotel you could enjoy during a vacation...........

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I had stayed at another Crowne Plaza in the past that was nice, but dated. When I entered this hotel, I was impressed that it was not dated at all in décor. The high ceiling over the bar and water feature were elegant. The room was very stylishly furnished with clean/comfortable bed, new looking carpets and furniture, and tasteful ceramics in the bathroom. The toiletries were pleasant. The room quiet. There was a cabinet that looked like it contained a refrigerator, but it was a small wardrobe closet with hangers. A colleague attending the same meetings said her room did have a refrigerator. The towels are quite a distance from the shower in the large bathroom, so I suggest you place your towel on your bathmat that you lay it out, otherwise, you will drip all over the ceramic floor. The green hills out the window were lovely. I made a trip to the Walmart next door and to the wonderful McAlister's Deli across the street. I walked around the green campus of Oral Roberts University. I rode the casino shuttle for a meal and evening at the River Spirit Casino.

The hotel's restaurant had a delicious breakfast buffet served in a quiet and tasteful setting. Regular price was $10.95, but I had vouchers from my conference which covered all except gratuity. I would say the cost is worth it if you are traveling alone. If you are with family, it would add up fast. I never made it to the pool or workout room despite my intentions.

The only peculiarity was the stress it appeared to cause the front desk ladies to ask it the hotel shuttle could take us to the mall. They said it was available, but airport shuttles were priority, which was understandable. Though their log did not appear to have any trips planned, they were very nervous in assuring as a shuttle that evening because they could suddenly be booked. Once we did get in the shuttle, the driver was very courteous and friendly and gave us his number to call him directly from the mall for a pick-up. We would have been glad to take a cab back if he had been busy. Perhaps the front desk gets overwhelmed with conference events.

We did use the shuttle on the arrival from the airport and were glad we did, as it was farther than we guessed with seemingly circuitous route. We had a shuttle reserved for the trip back to the airport, but were leaving at 6:15 AM and the driver on the next shift did not show up for work at 6:00 AM. Interestingly, someone had called a cab for us with the intention of the cab driving us to the airport at the hotel's expense. The front desk agent did not seem to know this and tried to steer the cab driver away for us to wait for the shuttle. Fortunately, they cleared this up and we rode our cab to the airport and left.

Very nice stay. Thank you Crowne Plaza.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Tulsa, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

I had my wedding reception at the hotel on May 10th and had many out of state guests stay at the hotel for my wedding. Many of my guests were checked into dirty rooms and had to be moved to a clean room. My group had breakfast included and did not receive breakfast vouchers like they were supposed to at check-in. We were able to get that resolved pretty easily as the front desk staff was very great in handling the mistakes. I do wish they had preblocked my party on a floor that didn't have basketball members and put my guests away from the elevator/vending machines. One morning the breakfast server told one of my guests as they were leaving that they live off tips and don't get tipped off the breakfast vouchers. Turns out they do get tipped off the breakfast vouchers and they also make a very decent hourly pay as well as work in other areas of the hotel.

My biggest concern was how my wedding reception was handled. The catering manager quit 2 weeks or so before my wedding and I had been talking to her for almost a year regarding my event. All of her responsibilities were then passed onto the Director of Sales who did an extremely poor job of handling it. I tried to get in contact with her the week of my wedding to finalize everything and she NEVER responded. I then had to vent to the front desk and luckily the banquet manager was at the desk and was able to answer my last minute questions THREE DAYS before the event. On Friday night (the day before the event) I went into the reception space and it was not set up as I had drawn out. Apparently the DOS had never even looked at my file and never passed on the information as to how my space was to be set up. The banquet captain was nice enough to drive back up to the hotel after she had already gone home for the day to make sure things were fixed but this wasn't her responsibility, it was the DOS's job and she was nowhere to be found or heard from. After spending 3 hours at the hotel getting things fixed (breakfast vouchers and dirty rooms as well at the reception) I had to leave to try and get my last minute stuff done still - which I was not able to complete.

After the wedding I contacted the hotel to try and receive some sort of compensation for all of the problems received during my guests stay as well as all of the mishaps with the reception. The DOS was finally in contact with me but was extremely rude and it felt as if I was inconveniencing her when she is the one that could have fixed all of the problems in the first place if she had just simply done her job. It's been over a month and I'm still battling the hotel. The only resolution that has been offered from the hotel is compensation for 1 night stay per guest that had a problem (very fair) but only $90ish to me after giving the hotel in over $3000 in business. And I still haven't even seen that credit!!

I do want to also say that I did used to work at this property back when it was a Hilton and as it transitioned to a Crowne Plaza. The hotel as since changed management and things have gone downhill. They have poor AC in the rooms, the housekeeping staff is running super thin which is why things won't be changed it your room, the FD staff is short staffed and the management in the hotel just doesn't care about customer service or satisfaction. There are plenty of other hotels in the area that are the same rate that will offer much better customer service and a much better experience. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: None of them are good. Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Tulsa Southern Hills, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Allie P,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for writing a review about your experience. I am sorry to hear about the issues you may have experienced with your reservations. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you. I have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain more information about your experience.

We hope to hear from you soon and be of further assistance.

Maumelle, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Made Reservations online and my Credit card was charged $208.02 for 2 nights.
At Checkout I was given a receipt for $163.16 for two nights.
Also have had a pending charge of $15 on my Credit Card since June 13.
Will I be receiving a Credit on my Credit Card?

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

This hotel is seriously in need of some upgrades. I've since learned that it recently changed hands and became the Crowne Plaza. I stay with Crowne Plaza quite a bit and have come to expect a certain level of service. I stayed at the Crowne Plaza for a solid week, and my week was filled with issues. For one, the air conditioning on my floor (and apparently throughout the hotel) was never properly functioning. In spite of having turned the thermostat down to 60 in hoped of cooling down my room, the thermometer never got below 78 degrees. To add insult to injury, they have a tremendous moisture problem. All of my clothing ended up smelling of mildew by the time I made it back home. The worst part was that the hotel refused to acknowledge any issue with my room (or any one else's) until very late in the week. Until then, they would "send someone up" to "take a look." The air conditioning was just the tip of the iceberg...

Room Tip: Less than a mile away is a Marriott. Go there.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Tulsa Southern Hills, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Nathan S,

Thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. Please accept our apologies for not being able to deliver 100% satisfaction. We appreciate all the feedback we receive and would like to follow up with you. I have sent you a private message in order to obtain additional information about your experience.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

I had trouble getting a waiter. Then I had trouble getting a menu. Then I told three separate members of their staff to watch the French Open. But they didn't seem to understand me. Then I asked to speak to the general manager. Yet, he was the most ambivalent of all. I left and will never return.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Dear Jack M,

Thank you for sharing your experience online. It is regrettable that you did not receive an exemplary hotel stay with us. I have sent you a private message in order to obtain additional information about your stay. We hope to hear from you soon and be of further assistance.

IHGCare

Been to Crowne Plaza Tulsa Southern Hills? Share your experiences!