“It would be foolish to stay elsewhere in Tulsa.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #31 of 100 hotels in Tulsa
Syracuse, NY
“It would be foolish to stay elsewhere in Tulsa.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Recently my wife and I were fortunate to spend 4 nights at the Crowne Plaza South Tulsa. We had traveled to town by car to get our daughter set up in a new apartment and ready for school. From the moment we arrived the place was great, lobby, restaurant, coffee shop, front desk and room; everything excellent.

The staff was top notch and accommodating in any way needed. I saw someone else mentioned Shauna at the front desk. Easy to identify here because her service was extraordinary. That being said, the others at the front desk were equally excellent and the men and women in the breakfast area were kind and helpful.

Our room was maintained at Crowne standard and was cleaned with excellence every day. The breakfast brunch was standard, but good and special preparations were available upon request.

Our flight out of town at the end of the week was around dinner time and my request for extended check out was not met with the least bit of resistance.

Loved the property. Wouldn't think of staying anywhere else.

Room Tip: A room in the front of the property has a great view of the impressive ORU campus entrance and Mabey...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
TulsaCPGM, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Tulsa Southern Hills, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Hello,

I want to thank you very much for your review and for choosing to stay with us while you were in Tulsa. We truly hope to see you again in the near future.

110 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I recently attended a 2 & 1/2 day Conference at the Crowne Plaza Tulsa, Shawna at the Front Desk was excellent and accommodated a special request with enthusiasm and efficiency, my room was clean and spacious with a view of the Arkansas River, Internet was great, I preordered breakfast the night before, I was ready a little early when I called down to see if I could have an early delivery, I was acknowledged by name and the server had my order in front of her, breakfast was delivered early and the bacon was just how I like it. The Lobby bar was fun and comfortable. During our Conference we had 2 lunches and one dinner, the Banquet Staff along with the food were AWESOME!!!! The function space is well appointed and easy to navigate. The last morning I had breakfast in the restaurant, very nice as well. Even the banquet restrooms were nice, clean with plenty of stalls, they even refreshed the restrooms after each of our breaks. All the Staff I met were friendly and helpful. Great property! Thank you Crowne Tulsa!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
TulsaCPGM, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Tulsa Southern Hills, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Hello,

Thank you very much for your kind review. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to improve and continually provide the best experience possible. We appreciate you staying with us at the Crowne Plaza - Tulsa Southern Hills and hope to have an opportunity to serve you again on your next visit.

Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I attended a 2 day conference at the Crowne Plaza and was very pleased with the service and accomodations. My king room was very spacious and comfortable with all the amenities to allow you to relax after a long day. I especially appreciated the free WIFI (which a lot of full service hotels still charge for). The hotel appears to have excellent bandwidth, because I never had any issues with getting online or streaming. The hotel has a very nice evening bar made all the better by the bartender's hospitality. In fact, all of the staff that I encountered were very nice. Overall, a great stay and if I am ever in Tulsa on personal travel, I wouldn't hesitate to choose this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
TulsaCPGM, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Tulsa Southern Hills, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Good Morning,

Thank you very much for your kind review. The entire team here at the Crowne Plaza Tulsa - Southern Hills are happy to see that your conference went well and that you enjoyed your stay with us. We truly hope to see you again during your next visit to Tulsa.

Have a great day.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Stayed here during word explosion at Victory Christian Center, the property right behind the hotel. Everything was outstanding. Very clean rooms, comfortable bed, helpful staff. Had the Breakfast buffet every morning - was good but expensive for breakfast. There is a Walmart almost next door and some fast food places very near by.

Room Tip: I had a room with a King bed on the 5th floor facing the road.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
TulsaCPGM, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Tulsa Southern Hills, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Hello,

Thank you for your review. We are certainly happy that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Tulsa.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I really enjoyed the room during my stay at this hotel. Unfortunately I cannot say the same for the restaurant, more on that later.

The staff were all really nice, and the room was clean, if a little on the dated side, The bed was very comfortable, and the internet access was great - I've experienced hotels where the connection is really slow but this was not the case. The television was not used at all - it did not have an HDMI connection which I was really disappointed by, I like to plug in my tablet and watch Netflix but it wasn't possible.

The cleaning service was fine, although there was a note that said to hang up towels if you don't want them replaced - they were replaced anyway. I do like to try to cut down on water waste, but this hotel is not alone in ensuring their housekeeping staff are trained correctly to follow that kind of policy.

One issue - the alarm clock was not set correctly. The time was swapped, so while I set my alarm for 6:30am I bolted awake the first morning at 6:33am - the clock said it was 6:33pm. I could not figure out how to change the time on the clock, so the next day I simply set the alarm for PM instead of AM.

Now for the food service. It was really awful! The restaurant was completely empty on Sunday at 6pm, because most people eat over at the Oral Roberts University, or at the surrounding retail restaurants. I know why!

I sat at the bar and had a couple of beers. Ordered one of my favourites, Blue Moon, which is supposed to be served with a slice of orange. Well the orange slice was dry, and it was a chunk, not really a slice. While I was there I also had a beer through room service, and requested a fresh slice of orange - well didn't I get the same dried up orange piece I got at the bar.

For dinner I ordered the roast chicken with veggies, it was served with a bunch of green beans and maybe four or five asparagus. I figured, for the cost, it would be a decent dinner. The roast chicken was a boneless skinless chicken breast that had obviously been microwaved and pan fried to sear it, with spinach and too much butter. The green beans had also been steamed in the microwave, but I could tell because they were not cooked well.

I did appreciate the free breakfast through my status points, and it was a pretty good buffet available in the mornings.

My stay at this hotel was overall an average experience, if I ever have to return for a personal trip I would likely not stay here, but for a short business trip it's ok. Just don't eat dinner from their kitchen!

Hello,

Thank you for your review. We take great pride in delivering the best in way of service, product, and quality. I am truly happy that you enjoyed your hotel experience and I apologize that you received unsatisfactory quality with our food. I assure you that this is not indicitive of our normal high level of quality food. We sincerely hope that you will stay with us again the next time you're in Tulsa.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Maybe half a star below what I've come to expect from other Crowne Plaza Hotels. The bed and bedding was comfortable. I didn't get to use the gym or pool but did manage to go check it out and it appeared to be decent as well (no upright stationary bike but one recumbent). Some of the cosmetics could use an update (carpet, paint, etc). But overall a fine stay!

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Good Morning,

Thank you for your review. We are happy to see that you had an enjoyable experience while our guest and hope to see you again in the near future.

Palatine, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Hotel could not find my reservation. 20 minutes later I found it for them. No ice maker on the 7th & 9th floors. After wandering around I would have called the front desk, but the phone did not work. Clock did not work, had to be replaced. Cold water tap loose. Bug in the bathroom. No apologies from staff.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
TulsaCPGM, Manager at Crowne Plaza Tulsa Southern Hills, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Hello,

I appreciate your review and apologize that we did not meet your expectations during your stay with us. We pride ourselves in providing the best in quality, product and service to all of our guests.

We truly hope you give us another opportunity to serve your hotel and/or business needs the next time you're in Tulsa.

Ken Morgan

Been to Crowne Plaza Tulsa Southern Hills? Share your experiences!