“Great place” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Stayed here during word explosion at Victory Christian Center, the property right behind the hotel. Everything was outstanding. Very clean rooms, comfortable bed, helpful staff. Had the Breakfast buffet every morning - was good but expensive for breakfast. There is a Walmart almost next door and some fast food places very near by.

Room Tip: I had a room with a King bed on the 5th floor facing the road.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
TulsaCPGM, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Tulsa Southern Hills, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Hello,

Thank you for your review. We are certainly happy that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Tulsa.

Ken Morgan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I really enjoyed the room during my stay at this hotel. Unfortunately I cannot say the same for the restaurant, more on that later.

The staff were all really nice, and the room was clean, if a little on the dated side, The bed was very comfortable, and the internet access was great - I've experienced hotels where the connection is really slow but this was not the case. The television was not used at all - it did not have an HDMI connection which I was really disappointed by, I like to plug in my tablet and watch Netflix but it wasn't possible.

The cleaning service was fine, although there was a note that said to hang up towels if you don't want them replaced - they were replaced anyway. I do like to try to cut down on water waste, but this hotel is not alone in ensuring their housekeeping staff are trained correctly to follow that kind of policy.

One issue - the alarm clock was not set correctly. The time was swapped, so while I set my alarm for 6:30am I bolted awake the first morning at 6:33am - the clock said it was 6:33pm. I could not figure out how to change the time on the clock, so the next day I simply set the alarm for PM instead of AM.

Now for the food service. It was really awful! The restaurant was completely empty on Sunday at 6pm, because most people eat over at the Oral Roberts University, or at the surrounding retail restaurants. I know why!

I sat at the bar and had a couple of beers. Ordered one of my favourites, Blue Moon, which is supposed to be served with a slice of orange. Well the orange slice was dry, and it was a chunk, not really a slice. While I was there I also had a beer through room service, and requested a fresh slice of orange - well didn't I get the same dried up orange piece I got at the bar.

For dinner I ordered the roast chicken with veggies, it was served with a bunch of green beans and maybe four or five asparagus. I figured, for the cost, it would be a decent dinner. The roast chicken was a boneless skinless chicken breast that had obviously been microwaved and pan fried to sear it, with spinach and too much butter. The green beans had also been steamed in the microwave, but I could tell because they were not cooked well.

I did appreciate the free breakfast through my status points, and it was a pretty good buffet available in the mornings.

My stay at this hotel was overall an average experience, if I ever have to return for a personal trip I would likely not stay here, but for a short business trip it's ok. Just don't eat dinner from their kitchen!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Hello,

Thank you for your review. We take great pride in delivering the best in way of service, product, and quality. I am truly happy that you enjoyed your hotel experience and I apologize that you received unsatisfactory quality with our food. I assure you that this is not indicitive of our normal high level of quality food. We sincerely hope that you will stay with us again the next time you're in Tulsa.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Maybe half a star below what I've come to expect from other Crowne Plaza Hotels. The bed and bedding was comfortable. I didn't get to use the gym or pool but did manage to go check it out and it appeared to be decent as well (no upright stationary bike but one recumbent). Some of the cosmetics could use an update (carpet, paint, etc). But overall a fine stay!

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Good Morning,

Thank you for your review. We are happy to see that you had an enjoyable experience while our guest and hope to see you again in the near future.

Palatine, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Hotel could not find my reservation. 20 minutes later I found it for them. No ice maker on the 7th & 9th floors. After wandering around I would have called the front desk, but the phone did not work. Clock did not work, had to be replaced. Cold water tap loose. Bug in the bathroom. No apologies from staff.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
TulsaCPGM, Manager at Crowne Plaza Tulsa Southern Hills, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Hello,

I appreciate your review and apologize that we did not meet your expectations during your stay with us. We pride ourselves in providing the best in quality, product and service to all of our guests.

We truly hope you give us another opportunity to serve your hotel and/or business needs the next time you're in Tulsa.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

Very good hotel. The staff is very friendly and helpful in this older hotel. They did what they could to allow me to check in early (11:30) and almost everyone asked me if there was anything I needed. Usually it is the customer asking not being asked is the new normal these days. The rooms were clean and updated. Wifi worked very well. A/C unit did a great job and the floor was fairly quiet at all times. Within walking distance to many restaurants and even Walmart as well as the surgical center of Oklahoma (were I had some work done). Overall, excellent stay.

• Stayed August 2013
Hello,

Thank you very much for your review. We are truly happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that you will allow us the privilege to serve your hotel needs the next time you're in Tulsa.

San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Located across from Oral Roberts and next to a Walmart, the location is not very picturesque, but it is certainly convenient. Set well back from the road so there is no highway noise the hotel has large comfortable and very clean rooms. Recently rebranded from the Hilton chain, the hotel is on both Priceline and Hotwire so it is possible to get very good prices for very comfortable lodgings. The hotel is often used for small business meetings so it is a mixture of guests with name badges and families with children. The hotel offers all the normal services including room service, hotel restaurant, business center, etc. There is an indoor/outdoor pool but no spa. The fitness center is adequate and convenient. A very good value for people who want quality lodgings but are on a budget.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Booked via a Priceline bid. Was kinda nervous bidding as I couldn't do research before getting my offer accepted, but was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the hotel. Clean and extremely comfortable beds. Clean tile bathroom. Carpet portion of floor was a bit dirty when we arrived. Bed's were kinda low to the ground for my liking, but not a major issue once in the bed. Rooms and hall area were very quiet. As you walked on the upper floors you didn't hear your footsteps echo like some hotels. Breakfast was too expensive for our budget, but was able to go next door to the grocery store and pick up some fruit and things to eat. They have a nice swimming pool, but no hot tub sadly. Staff was very friendly to us. Helped us find an Urgent Care when our daughter woke up with what we thought was appendicitis. Overall great place to stay and great deals via Priceline.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Crowne Plaza Tulsa Southern Hills? Share your experiences!