“Spacious and Updated” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #31 of 100 hotels in Tulsa
Phoenix, Arizona
“Spacious and Updated”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

My son and I recently stayed at this hotel because it is across the street from Oral Roberts University, which we were visiting for the day. When we arrived at 10 p.m. we had no problem checking in and getting a room with 2 beds as I had requested before arrival. The only negative about this hotel is the mediocre interaction we had with the staff at the front desk. When we checked in we were basically given our room cards and that's it. No polite conversation. No mention of any amenities, check out time, or even how to get to the elevators. It wasn't a huge deal, but since there were no other people around, I expected better. When we got to our room, it looked nicely updated. There was a flat screen TV, the bedding was modern and the furniture was a warm dark wood. The bathroom was immaculately clean (and I'm really fussy about finding mold or anything dirty in hotel bathrooms) and was decorated with travertine floor tile and a granite countertop. There were also 2 deep drawers inside to keep toiletries. The mirror was huge, there was a makeup mirror that swung out from the wall, and a blowdryer. There was a coffee maker in the room, but no microwave or refrigerator. Strangely, the coffee maker sat on top of a cabinet that looked like a refrigerator should go inside, but it was empty. The closet was awkwardly placed behind the bathroom door, but wasn't a bother to us. We just couldn't open the bathroom door and the closet at the same time. The room felt spacious and we were comfortable, so it fit our needs. We got a good rate by using PriceLine and would probably stay there again if the price were right.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
LeighAMurray, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Tulsa Southern Hills, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and for your comments. We always enjoy hearing the positives but also like hearing areas where we can improve. We will take your comments about your front desk interaction and share that with the appropriate staff. Informing guests of the amenities of the hotel allows the guest to take make the most of their stay.
Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit!

110 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Bandon, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Spent last weekend in Tulsa for a family reunion. Everyone we met was outstanding - professional and helpful. Beds were comfortable, rooms were clean and breakfast was yummy. If I ever make it back to Tulsa this is definitely where I will stay. Hotel was both quiet and kid friendly, a difficult combination to balance

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments! We are glad you enjoyed your stay and will pass on your comments to our staff.
Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit!
Edmond, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Used to stay here when it was the Hilton, I usually come twice a month and stay the night. Had a great chance for a great suite upgrade then as a Diamond, if not, to a one level upgrade to a upper floor with a fridge, Well stayed twice after the switch to Crowne, first time got a basic upgrade to regular room with fridge which was fine, on my next stay did not even get that, a room on lower floor without fridge, I am also Platinum with IHG. They told us regulars we would be chosen for upgrades but it has not happened yet, May give them one more try.
You all also owe me the 1000 points promised as a first time return guest after it becomes a Crowne and never got those posted.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for a get together with friends in April. It's location, though farther south, is still easily accessible and runs near a major highway that makes it easy to get from place to place fast.

The hotel was a bit aged and the rooms were standard hotel rooms. I wouldn't suggest this place as a relaxing getaway, but it was acceptable for a home base while going around the city. It's next to a Wal-mart, which made it very convenient as we left a few things a home that we had to purchase there. Parking was free and easy to navigate. There are several restaurants in the area and it's across the street from Oral Roberts University, so parent's visiting children at school makes this a convenient hotel to rest.

I would stay again if offered the same rate I received the last time I booked, though, as I stated before, I would not recommend this as a relaxing or romantic getaway location. For business, personal or professional, this was more than adequate.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Crowne Plaza Tulsa Southern Hills? Share your experiences!