“Disapointing” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Type: Casinos, Sightseeing Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: WinStar World Casino and Resort has more games than any casino in the world! Offering more than 7,400 electronic games, 120 table games, a 3,500-seat Global Events Center, 27-hole golf course and academy, and a 895-room hotel. Located just north of the Oklahoma/Texas border along Interstate 35, WinStar World Casino and Resort presents 24/7 gaming action, world-class entertainers and a wide range of restaurants. WinStar World Casino and Resort is an economic enterprise of the Chickasaw Nation.
Lewisville, Texas
11 attraction reviews
“Disapointing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

We have been going to WinStar for several years. However it's gotten so we never win.
Don't even get much playing time for our $$$. We stopped going during the holidays and when we went back last week we were told that we no longer qualified for the 20.00 play money that seniors get. Also do not get the free hotel nights or the free buffet. Personel at the players club desk were rather snotty when we ask about the perks we were use to getting. Probably will not go back. Would like to win a couple of $$ once in a while

Dallas, Texas
“Great musical acts but not a good venue”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

We went to see Matchbox 20 there. The band put on an excellent show. They needed video screens because we were half way back and could barely see. Our seats were also mis-numbered. The seats are labeled with numbers and they forgot the number 2 in the sequence on our row. Our seat neighbors complained so we asked for help. The Usher showed us to two available seats that were not as good as what we already had. The Usher then said for $20 he would put us in the front. So we said sure and he put us in the front aisle. After that another Usher came and tried to get us to get out of the aisle until we told him what happened. Luckily, an older couple decided to leave (they were drunk) so we got their seats. 4th row was awesome!

We ate at the buffet because my husband loves Golden Corral. This buffet was horrible. If Golden Corral is a 10 than this one is a 2. Hardly any healthy food. All the veggies were old and gross. The only good thing was the dessert. My husband was not a fan of their meats. Plus it cost us $50 because it was a Friday evening. Different times, different prices. We should have eaten at the Mongolian grill there, the only decent looking alternative that wasn't as pricy.

Visited February 2013
Lubbock, Texas
“Slot machines tight when you did hit you got 1/3 of what the payout is in Vegas.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Slot machines and video machines were very tight. Payout was not usually what you would get when and if you ever did hit.

Fort Worth, Texas, United States
“Watch your pockets at winstar”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I have been traveling to winstar a few years now and like most havent come back with a joyable win. I know that it is call gambling but the truth for me is, it's not losing the money that troubles me, its what casino attendants call PLAYING TIME. You get very little play time on these slots especially around event nights and when they are doing construction. Seems like they wanted it paid before its built. For the non-smokers i agree, i am a smoker but even i say it reeks of smoke with no alternative for those who are looking for relief. Their upgrades to their restaurants (buffet) was made poorly in reference to quality, comfort and capacity. Lets say supremely insufficient. Instead of expanding at will maybe they would be best serve by making swift changes to their
current structure by been concerned about the smoke fest (among other things). If the lack of pay is the reasons you can never get timely help from the attendants on the floor well that needs to change as well. I've visit the next closest casino to me Durant and found tho i still came home a loser how it was play made the visit enjoyable. I just wish they had transport like winstar availabe in the DFW area. Keep writing the reviews maybe someone there is taking heed to the needs

Denton, Texas
“Gotta love it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Ok - so it doesn't have everything for everyone. I have been going since WinStar was a little wooden bingo shack with pull tabs. I live 30 minutes away in Texas and I now go about once a month with friends or family. I also go to Vegas once or twice a year.
The only time I was frustrated was when the power went out and was stuck with money in the machine for a few hours but that was before the technology had improved there to the level it is today.
Choctaw Durant? Beautiful building but never have one a dime in that joint and the machines are OLD. WinStar has lots of new & trendy machines, plus lots of classic reel styles.
Win? Now and then, it's about even, but I go for the fun. People that go only to "win big" I don't know what to tell you - I've been going to Vegas for years and those joints got built the same way - on the funds of losers.
There is Poker at WinStar - don't know why people say there is only BlackJack. My friends love the poker room and the best food there is served at the grill on that end.
And El Fenix has good food - maybe you should order something different; I don't like everything on their menu but they have a great grilled chicken salad with fresh avocado and tomato. Toby Keith has a good dish - same thing - try a different item, but yes, I have waited over an hour on the weekend, but lunch is a breeze. BUFFET: up and down - great then awful at its new location but they are closing it when they open a GIANT buffet - supposed to seat 500 but never know if the rumors are true. Didn't like the Chinese - too crowded - no matter when I go - too crowded - so they must have some really good food. The fish place was AWFUL but I'll give it another try (one day) - too much grease and lukewarm.
Winstar is always fun for me and my friends/family; I've never known it to be dirty; or had people be rude to me; but then, I try to be nice because there is tremendous turnover at WinStar and a lot of employees are bused in from the Dallas Ft. Worth Metroplex - there aren't enough people near WinStar to fill all those jobs. I really feel for them and wonder how far they had to travel to earn minimum wage putting up with all those folks.
Smoke - The smoke situation has really improved over the years. I do notice that fewer ashtrays are put out so wonder if that cuts down on it. I don't notice any smoke in the restaurants; and haven't been to a concert since the new concert hall was built so don't know about that. I don't notice that many people smoking around me - but everyone has their own limit.
The bathrooms are always very clean.
I have been to a million dollar drawing; my friend won a Harley motorcycle; another friend has to claim gambling wins on her tax return and she only goes to WinStar so she must do all right; and the rest of us "losers" just have fun and enjoy the beautiful casino that WE BUILT! HA