“All I can say is wow!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Thackerville
San Antonio
“All I can say is wow!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

My husband and I were there for a week in Jan. and we had a great time. Our pool tower room was excellent! The buffet was great! You need to try the PHO soup and the candy apples. We also ate at the restaurant in the new tower and had a an omelet and a chicken salad sandwich and they were great! We won money too! So overall we loved the trip and hated to head back home. We are going back in mid Feb. with friends to show them what a great place this is. Who needs Vegas when you have Winstar! Keep up the good work!

Room Tip: A little bit of noise going on outside due to construction but it wasn't bad at all!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
CrystalBynumAGM, Manager at WinStar World Casino Hotel, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Thank you for the most recent review of your stay here at The Winstar World Resort & Casino! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the guest room and amenities throughout the casino.

Asst. General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Ada, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

We went here to celebrate my approaching 60th birthday. It was an expensive room, but we had a wonderful time in the casino. The bed was comfy and room service breakfast was perfect. My only complaint was the coffee maker didn't work, which is pretty important when you're having breakfast. Prowling the different countries in the casino was great fun. And we actually came out winners which isn't a guarantee at casinos. Enjoyed pastries from a bakery and pizza from the brick oven. There is the best spa which worked me in on a Saturday for a hot stone back massage. Turning 60 isn't so grand, but the weekend was perfect!

Room Tip: The rooms sell out almost every weekend so book early. Lots of entertainers coming.

Frisco, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

We have stayed at the Winstar Hotel many times in the past as we get "free" rooms a couple days a month. We have always stayed in the "old hotel" and have enjoyed it each time we have stayed. This time they put us in Tower 2 which is the "new hotel" and apparently still under construction.
The room was very well appointed with two flat screen TV's, a desk, a pull-out couch, a walk-in shower and a king size bed.
The bed was as hard as a rock as were the pillows. The pillows were actually so hard to sleep on them would mean that your head would be about 6 inches off the bed itself. Very, very uncomfortable.
The walk-in shower sprayed water onto the bathroom floor and I don't believe they need as much water softner in the water as they use. Combined with the soap it makes the shower floor very slippery and dangerous. We were on the 3rd floor which is still under construction as we were awakened at 6:30 AM by a contractor using some type machinery just outside our door. It sounded as if the contractor was "having his way" with a duck and the duck was not enjoying it one bit. Why they would put someone in this room I do not know. Upon check-out I told the front desk about the bed and pillows however she was very disinterested and told me that she had not heard of anyone complaining about that in the past. Apparently she has not read previous articles about the sleeping arrangements in trip-advisor.
The casino itself smells of heavy smoke. When we got home my clothing I wore in the casino smelled terrible and stunk up our house until I washed them this morning.
If we go back to Winstar we will ask to stay in the "old hotel" or the Motel.
On top of all that we lost on the slots as did most everyone else as I did not see a buch of smiles on the players faces anywhere in the casino.

Choctaw Hotel/Casino is only 10 minutes further for us to travel. It does not have the heavy smoke smell, the staff is a bit more friendly and the slots appear to be a bit more loose. Perhaps we'll head up I-75 instead of I-35 next time we feel money burning a hole in our pockets.

Room Tip: Stay in the "old hotel"
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

I am sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy the bedding in the guest room. I will be sure to note your complaint on bedding and monitor to ensure there isn't a trend. The construction of Tower 2 is complete but we are in the final phase of Tower 3 completion. I am sorry to hear that you were bothered by noise. I will inform my contractor of your complaint to ensure they don't start prior to the approved time.

If there is anything I can do for you, please feel free to contact me at 580-276-1301.

South East Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

We stayed in the new Hotel tower in a King Suit on a Sunday night for almost $200. The Hotel was very very nice and so was the staff. However there was some ashes on a night stand even though it was non smoking, and dust on the head board. So this told me the cleaning staff didn't do too good. But the sheets were clean and so was the tolite. The bath room was huge and the tolite had its own door which is always great but it didn't have a suction vent. Too bad the big nice double shower didn't have a full door. Kinda strange how they allow water to splash out onto there floor. I didn't like that it allows for a draft. Also they were still working in the new tower so I was awoken at 7am by some hammering. Over all happy with the room.
Now for the Casino. After reading all the negative crap below I wasn't exspecting much.
I was very happy to find that THEY DO HAVE THE OLDER REEL MACHINES. Although there is not to many you will find them scattered about. But most machines are the digital screens. Now what worked for me was when I read and found out that the games work off of a Bingo system, I then looked at the top half of the game and there you are able to pick a different card.
So I made it a habit to get on the games that only allowed me to shuffle the cards. Some of the newest digital games dont even show bingo stuff. After doing so and staying away from the penny and nickle games I ended up coming back $400 positive. I also kept my $20s in one pocket and put my winnings above $30 in the other. Now as far as the smoke, it wasn't that bad on the Sunday I went. I mean I still stuck like it but not as bad as Coushatta or others ive been too. I only sat next to 5 people who were actual smoking. Now OK dont allow free alcohol but $7 for a hard hard Long island tea was not bad. I paid $13 at Casinos in AZ.
Please give me a thumbs up if this was helpful.

Room Tip: Ask to stay in a room away from the on going construction.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
DeSoto, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

WinStar is no more than an 1 1/2 to 2 hour drive from Dallas, TX. The size of the rooms are large, comfortable and well maintained. I come for the many concerts that are available and to play in the casino. FUN, FUN, FUN!!!

Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

Had a business meeting here because its about the mid-point between Dallas and Oklahoma City. Nothing bad to say about the room. Comfortable bed, nice shower facilities and a good flat screen TV (with lost of HD)

My only complaint, and it should be expected, was the smoky smell from the cigarettes being smoked in the casino. The smoke didn't make it up to my room, but did permeate thru the hotel lobby, which was annoying.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Temple, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

Not bad for the price either, except that the bed was way too firm. My shoulders hurt from sleeping on my side. I would have expected to have a nicer bed considering room is so new. There is also a lot of space around and under door so at night when the lights on in hallway reflects onto tile in entryway and into your eyes. We just put a towel in front of door.

Also Terrace restaurant is your only choice for breakfast and they were slammed. We stayed Sunday to Monday and alot of retirees do that as well. We got our breakfast hot and pretty quick but it took them 10 mins to get to our drink order. Finally just as we were done with our meal, i heard manager calling fro reinforcements. Overall we loved it there and will stay again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to WinStar World Casino Hotel? Share your experiences!