“Over priced for what you get” 3 of 5 stars

1 World Way, Thackerville, OK 73459   |
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Thackerville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Killeen, Texas
“Over priced for what you get”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

For a $300+ a night room, it was way over priced, looked like a Hotel 6. When I set up the reservation I was lead to believe it was in the new Hotel which would explain the price, but it wasn't. Next for the price one work think they could provide a wash cloth or 2, not just hand towels and towels.
The only plus side was the concert.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
Lewisville, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

We enjoyed the weekend recently along with an Alabama concert. The room was very nice and the only complaint was very hard chairs. The desk chair was like a rock and the chair and ottoman were also very firm. I realize most people don't go there to sit in the room but on Saturday we watched the Texas - OU football game and after 3 hours in the chair my back was aching. If it had not been for my halftime entertainment I would have been unhappy. Overall the rest of the room was great, the staff was great, the concert was great, and we will definitely be going back again.
Especially when they get the other tower finished and rooms are not so hard to get.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 7th floor and had a great view! It was a little noisy from 2-4AM when people return...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
CrystalBynumGM, Manager at WinStar World Casino Hotel, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you for the review of your most recent stay at The Winstar World Casino & Resort. I am happy to hear that you encountered great service from the team. I apologize that you didn't find the couch or desk chair to be more comfortable. I will be sure to take a look at this to ensure it's not a property wide issue. I hope that you give us an opportunity to serve you again in the near future. If you would like to discuss anything further please call me at 580-276-1301.

Thank you!
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Rm. 20-431 corner room overlooking the pool. WOW does not do the new segment of the casino hotel adequate praise. Its still in the construction stage but, will be the largest in the world upon completion. Yes even Macau. You will enjoy this stay and be sure to say Hi, to Jonathan when he delivers your luggage. Nice Guy and the front desk is a bit protective since its so new and not easy to get rooms yet. Ha... Its attached to the casino so you won't be wet coming and going. Found out Oklahoma cannot let you have dice to play craps ( must be on the dangerous guns list) ??? Plenty of one armed bandits and card games in the casino. New buffet opened 10/14 and the food will be to kill for. Hope this helps you. No I'm not a plant Haaaaaaa.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the pool. A nice place to have a glass of wine while watching the sunset go do...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the great review of your experience here! I am happy to see that you experienced a new guest room in Pool Tower North. The tower is now complete and we are receiving great reviews. I will be sure to let our Bellman know that you recognized his service. We look forward to serving you again in the near future!

Fort Worth, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Stayed in room 607 in the new wotld towers hotel. Very nice room. Still had that New smell which I could've lived without, but, it was super nice. I had a view of the new pool area being built and it is gorgeous.
My only complaint about the room was the pillows. They SUCKED. I usually travel with my own pillows but I didn't have them on this trip and I wish I did because theirs were thick and hard...keeping your neck in an awkward position. The shower is very cool. Rain style shower head. No hairdryer so bring your own. Small fridge. Travel size shampoo, conditioner, & lotion.

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking time to review your experience at The Winstar World Casino and Resort. I am happy to see that overall you enjoyed the new tower and your guest room. I will be sure to take a look at our pillows to see how we can improve. Each room has a blow dryer located in the closet next to the ironing board. Your room may have been overlooked so I will be sure to revisit this topic with my housekeeping team.

Please feel free to contact me at 580-276-1301 if you would like to discuss anything further.

Thank you!
Amarillo, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I went to Winstar for the first time August 2013 and just loved it. Went to the one near Gainsville, Tx. The gamling is better than Las Vegas because the machines let you play for a while not like Vegas where they just take, take, take your money and not let you have a little bit of fun. Here at Winstar they let you win once in a while. Today September 28, 2013 I received an offer of one free night, however it ends September 30, 2013 which didn't give me much time

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Fort Worth, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Let me start out by saying that I go to the casino here a lot. I have stayed in this hotel and the Inn, which is also part of the casino property. There have been many improvements to the hotel over the last year or two, including adding two new towers. However, here's my issue: the rooms are nice enough, they're clean and for the most part the views are pretty good. I just don't get the pricing. The room rate on the weekends is $209 and up! That's for a regular player and visitor. For this price you don't even get a free continental breakfast! EVERYTHING is extra! The only free thing you get is a cup of coffee in your room with that weird tasting OK water from the tap.

The Inn (which Trip Advisor could not locate) is the bad apple in the barrel. It's an old Micro-Hotel, which wasn't anything to write home about in the first place. They have made little or no improvements to this property and they definitely need to do so. They did take out the free continental breakfast area and added a small slot machine area. You get free breakfast at the firehouse buffet in the casino (which is still not one of the best places to eat in the whole casino). The rooms are in definite need of refurbishing. Sadly the weekend rate for this not-so-great hotel is $199! Frequently players can sometimes get rooms here for free, which is makes it a great deal. If you have to pay for this one, I would recommend the Red River Inn that just opened recently. The rooms there are far superior to The Inn and that hotel has an outside pool and a bar.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Lindale, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Eight of us tried WinStar for a guys trip. Golf course was really nice and the pro shop staff and grill service was very good. Green fees ran around $50 with players card Thursday and Friday $65 with players card on weekend. Rooms were very comfortable. There was a lot of construction going on putting in new tower and resort style pool with swim up bar etc. Gaming was good. Played mostly Black Jack. Only drawback is you are charged $.50 a hand to play and you figure 20 to 30 hands an hour this adds up. We played 7 hours straight. Little disappointed all the casino host offered us was a free breakfast. Overall very nice casino with many restaurants. No need to go off property to dine. Will go back because the golf us good.

• Stayed June 2013

Been to WinStar World Casino Hotel? Share your experiences!