“Undercooked food.” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 14 Restaurants in Stroud
Cuisines: American, Café
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner
Description: The Rock Cafe has been located on Route 66 in Stroud, OK for more then 70 years. The diner still has its original grill. The current owner was used as inspiration for the character "Sally" in the Pixar/Disney film Cars. The cafe has been in many publications and television programs including Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives. We are open 7 days a week 7am until 8pm.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Undercooked food.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

We ate at the Rock Cafe this morning for breakfast. I ordered eggs over medium and when I stuck my fork in it the clear ran out. GROSS. Then my boyfriends sausage was not done well it was half raw. That will be the last time we eat there.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
rockcafert66, Owner at Rock Cafe, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
I have left this one alone on purpose. My awesome amazing manager actually waited on them. Her story and my boyfriends who was sitting near on a computer both had a different story. I decided to let this one be assuming there may be personal issues that effected the conflicting stories. We can google your reviewers names BTW. And felt she had been through a lot. Hope things are looking up for you.

Dawn Welch
Owner

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Visit this place for good road food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

If you are travelling even a small portion of Route66 in the Stroud area you have to visit the Rock Cafe. It has a long colourful history, nice scenery, great staff and good food. Besides, any lover of the movie Cars will recognize enough to get excited!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dries,

Thanks for the review. We will be seeing you and your friends soon! Hopefully Oklahoma isn't as hot this summer.
“Great Burger”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

The Rock has been around ever since I can remember. It's a great stop for motorcyclists riding Route 66. The town of Stroud has had a tough going since the tornado wiped out the outlet center so I always try to buy something while I'm here. The Rock always has good food and service and GREAT BURGERS!

Visited January 2014
Thanks!

Thats Betsy the Grill. She's been a Wolfe for 75 years strong!
Norman
“Rock Cafe Rocked Our World! ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

This was the best restaurant experience my boyfriend and I ever had! The service was fast, and the food was excellent! We drove an hour and a half to try it, and we would most definitely drive back.

rockcafert66, Owner at Rock Cafe, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Thanks for the awesome review!
Glendale, Arizona
“Wouldn't miss it when there!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

Ever since we first visited on our first Route 66 trip, we don't miss a stop at The Rock. The history is palatable, the menu solid, though doesn't seem as different as years ago. It's home cooking. Nice service. Sure glad they rebuilt after the fire and it is larger. You walk down the hallway, like on a road, to the bathrooms. Signage all over. My dad since moved nearby and we meet up there. His wife said she's grown up going there in high school. They say it may be up for sale, but we sure hope it keeps on running.
Visit the gift shop next door. With outdoor seating, looks like you may be able to bring a pet but don't quote me.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
rockcafert66, Owner at Rock Cafe, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Thanks for the review. We do try to stick to what's been done for 75 years for an authentic experience. Though, we are talking about changing a few things! And adding some of the new diet fad food items. I'm a big believer in Gluten Free.

Been to Rock Cafe? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Rock Cafe, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.