“Excellent bedding, great facility and friendly employees” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Stillwater
Bloomington
“Excellent bedding, great facility and friendly employees”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

The hotel was perfectly placed, close to everything but off the main street. The service and friendliness was excellent even from housekeeping whoi smiled, asked about my stay and was genuinely interested. I will definitely reccomend and stay again

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

WyndhamGM S, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Stillwater, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Thank you for your review and recommendation of our hotel. We get alot of great review of our brand new bedding in our rooms. We are glad you had great interactions with all of our staff. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
MIAMI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

The night clerk was more than helpful. I accidentally made a reservation at a different hotel and she gave us a nice room and got us a cancellation for the incorrect room. She also researched the three different rewards numbers we had and left us a message with info on which number we should use in the future.

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

We are glad that our front desk agent was helpful during your stay. We try very hard to help our guest in anyway during their stay. Thank you for the review, and the praise on our front desk.
Talihina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We stayed here over the Christmas holiday. I had stayed here several years ago and the hotel was run down and dirty. This time it had been redone and the room was very clean! The staff was very helpful, even though they were short staffed because of the holiday. The indoor hot tub and pool were a big hit with my family. We will stay here again.

Room Tip: I always ask to be on the opposite side as the pool as the chemical smell bothers me.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your resonse. Your room tip on the room location is very helpful. We do have poolside rooms that families and kids request alot, and we do have some that choose to stay elsewhere, such as one of our lobby balcony rooms. We are appreciate you staying at our hotel!
Fargo, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Our front desk girl (Amanda) was so sweet and a joy to talk to. We called and could not find the hotel and she was very kind and friendly while getting us there.
We were leaving the next morning and the house keeping staff on the floor was full of smiles and laughter for us..... A super group of ladies!!!

Room Tip: Very quiet sleeping. Pleasant and very friendly staff. Beautiful room and very very affordable. The...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much for the review! We are glad that you enjoyed our help of our staff. We hope to see you again soon.
Edgerton, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Summer, Tonya, and Dawn were extremely helpful! The staff was great and i especially liked Summer :) Tonya always asked if she could help me with anything and Dawn always asked how my room was. Great staff over all! Summer told me about STW and what there was to do along with asking if i needed anything.I must say i was a bit spoiled! The rooms were nice and clean. Ill definately be staying here again! Great job WG!

Adam

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
We are glad that our staff was so helpful during your stay. We appreciate your review of our new Wyndham Garden!
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I stayed there with my brother and his two kids (2 & 4) in a double. Years ago this was a Best Western and probably the most posh hotel in STW at the time. Time advances and it got long in the tooth and more competitors have opened newer posh hotels in STW and BW stepped up their game by building a new hotel and moving out. It then became the Stillwater Plaza and Conference Center – seemed basically the same place though I hadn’t ever stayed in either of those two versions. I did go to Braningtons (sp?) the onsite sports bar and it was nice and their lobby/atrium was always a profound impression.
I’ve read some of the other reviews and understand the perspectives offered, from those who rated it 5stars to 3stars. I’d give it 3.5 stars if there was a half star.

The good:
The atrium is still impressive, and the elevator is neat –especially for little ones.
Our room had been remodeled and nicely appointed w/ new raised beds, flat screen tv.
The bathroom had been remodeled and nicely appointed w/ marble like countertops,
hair dryer, upscale soaps and lotion type stuff.
I like the location – in town and fairly close to destinations.
The grounds are well maintained.
The indoor pool and hot tub looked inviting and in good operation – though I never had an opportunity to indulge.

The so-so:
The room itself was small, at least for four people, and this was a double. My thought was its footprint was more appropriate for a single.
The bathroom is small and there is little counter space, plus no fan.
The “closet” was ridiculously tiny.
Everything that could be done to improve these areas seems like it was done – it’s just an inherent characteristic of an older building.
The continental breakfast I experienced was the typical carb heavy layout with cereals, waffles, coffee, juice. I read one review where there was eggs & bacon on the weekend. I was there on a weekend and saw none of that.

Where I think they could improve:
They could add a surge protector/power strip to the desk. The room has few power outlets and with today’s gadgets that everyone carries they need to get re-charged.
The room had a mini fridge but no microwave.
The cleaning crew could pay a little more attention to the room. The on switch to the lamp was still sticky with donut stickiness from the kids who liked turning it on and off.
The larges crumbs were swept away but the switch required a moist sponge and rubbing.
The indoor balcony was not vacuumed and had donut crumbs on the floor as well as two pieces of paper from the note pad that were left from the kids doing drawings. BTW – the pen from the room did not work – I verified. You would think a pen would work.
There was dirt, from simply never being cleaned, on the structural part of the building (I at least always saw) from riding the elevator. Someone should get in there with a vacuum or compressed air or a wet sponge.
Looking down from the balcony, there was dirt on the structural beam above the front desk. Again, it was simply overdue for a cleaning/wipe down.
That bar/restaurant that is onsite was closed and staff said it was being remodeled. I don’t know if I believe that as the bar/restaurant has been closed for years according to the locales. If it was open, I think that would be a huge plus.

I don’t mean to come off as some anal-retentive freak, but they appeared to have an army of staff and none of them actually notice these little things. A rain drop is a little thing till you have a bucket of them. For an average cost of $92.00/night I’ve stayed at better (in Stillwater too) and for slightly less.

Overall, I’d stay there again, but I would consider my options.

Room Tip: the restraurant is closed -. Can't n/a it.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your very detailed review. Its helpful to recieve such insight on what a guest is reviewing. As you stated we have remodelled a large majority of the hotel. We did have size constraints on the rooms, as this was a remodel and not a complete rebuild of a property. We feel that the layout of the room is the best configuration for the size. Of course we would love to add square footage to a room, but that was not feasable in this situation. I did want to address your issue with power plugs in the room. Each lamp in your room has 2, and the desk has a power strip on the side that has 3 more outlets. We have microwaves on request, and I appologize we did not accomodate your request for one. The bar (Brannigans) is now opened, and we welcome visitors and reviews!

Been to Wyndham Garden Stillwater? Share your experiences!