“Surprisingly good” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Cushing, OK
“Surprisingly good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

Our office holiday get together was held at this restaurant, which I had never been to before. I did not expect much, because most Mexican restaurants in town are mediocre at best. I was very pleasantly surprised, both by the food and the service. We had a large group (about 18), which is generally a struggle for service providers. Our waiter worked VERY hard to get everyone served quickly and efficiently, and provided separate checks without any problem. I had the shrimp combination dinner, which was absolutely delicious (grilled shrimp and scallops served atop an entire half pineapple, also grilled, with vegetables and rice). My husband had shrimp flautas, also totally delicious. We will absolutely be back!

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Muskogee, Oklahoma
“A Favorite in Stillwater”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

We found a restaurant in Stillwater I can't believe was there. I thought we pretty much had eaten at every restaurant in Stillwater. I was pleasantly surprised.
First off they served Horchata (Mexican Rice Drink), which I was impressed with because most Mexican restaurants don't serve it. The drink was very tasty. It is non-alcoholic for those who are wondering. I thought the chips and salsa were ok. Nothing really special about them. I had the chicken enchiladas, which were very good. Their specials were Mon-Sat which was a nice surprise. Any chance I can save money I am all for that. The service was outstanding. I was impressed. Next time we are in Stillwater we will be stopping by. Overall great experience. We will be back.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cushing, Oklahoma
“Highly recommend when in Stillwater!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Living near Stillwater, we frequent many restaurants in town. Palomino's is our favorite Mexican restaurant. Recently, my husband and I tried the Salmon Veracruz. This was wonderful. We ordered it again today, my two granddaughters ate it with my husband and I had to eat what they ordered. Salmon is one of our favorite foods and Palomino's so far has been the best so far.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Mifflintown, PA
“Tex Mex at its Best!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

With a variety of choices for tex-mex/Mexican food around Stillwater, Palominos served up memorable dishes which satisfied my appetite. The service was top notch with at least 2 waiters checking in on us throughout the meal. Not once did I have to ask for a refill on beverages.
The carne asada and carnitas were cooked perfectly and very well seasoned. The tilapia entrée consisted of two very large pieces of tilapia seasoned and cooked very well. Well made margaritas on the rocks along with a nice imported draft menu helped round out the experience.

Visited July 2013
“I WILL come again for more TexMex food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

The folks and the admisphere are great, very friendly and the inside reminds you that you are at a Mexican restaurant. The prices are ok, the service is fast which was good for me because I went during my lunch hour. Next time I am in town I will visit this place again.
My only small issue is that the word "Authentic Mexican" is very visible inside and on the staff. I would consider "Palomino's" Authentic TexMex......

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere