“Perfect for 1 Night” 4 of 5 stars

Huntington Beach, California
“Perfect for 1 Night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

Easy and free parking.

Friendly and quick check-in which was made easier with Expedia pre-paid package.

Elevator was clean and fairly quick. Hallway to room clean and quiet. Room was spacious, clean, and comfortable.

Returned to hotel late at night and needed assistance with ticket printing at business center. Business center printer doesn't print adobe documents which I thought was strange. Staff accomodated my request to print the documents. Also needed hair conditioner since we didn't have any, request accomodated quickly and with a smile.

Continental breakfast was perfect - bacon, bagels, muffins, yogurt, juice, danishes, biscuits, gravy, eggs, etc. Waffles are an option too.

Overall, would stay again. Staff was friendly, room was quiet and clean, price was reasonable. No complaints. Hotel not the closest to OSU campus but it's not as if OSU was that far away either. Maybe 5 or 6 miles. I can see how it might not be fun on gameday but for our trip it fit our needs.

Room Tip: Our rooms faced the highway but the hotel is far enough away from the highway that road noise wasn...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Erie, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

We love that the LaQuintas are pet-friendly. They actually welcome dogs, not just tolerate them. This hotel appears to be new, if not then it is very well-maintained. Our room was spacious, clean and very comfortable. The hotel was quiet. There are some nice areas for walking and plenty of restaurants in the area. It is off the proverbial beaten path, by about 12 miles but well worth it.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012 via mobile

My husband had rented us a suite for our anniversary as a surprise for me, I was very impressed, the staff was very friendly, the pool was carded so outsiders couldn't use it, believe me which happens a lot in Stillwater, it overall was a great experience it is a little out of the way in Stillwater, but I liked that fact. I will go back and would suggest staying there to anyone.

• Stayed April 2012
Dallas, Texas, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

Immaculate, well-appointed, spacious and extremely comfortable guest room. Wonderful staff, quiet and very convenient location. When I come back to Stillwater, this is the place.

Room Tip: Hotel has four floors. I requested and was given a top floor room to ensure quiet. It was. Very min...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

This is a very nice facility that sits quietly on the edge of town. Very friendly and accommodating staff. The pool and hot tub were clean. The rooms were bright and spacious. We chose this location because it was a good value compared to the more expensive motels in nearby Oklahoma City or Tulsa, and it didn't disappoint ! I have just begun to stay at the La Quinta chain, and so far I am very impressed. My usual choice has been the Choice Hotel chain, but as they drop lower in the Tripadvisor ratings, I am seeking new refuge :)

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Wichita, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011 via mobile

I stayed here with my two kids and my old college roomate for a sort of impromptu college reunion. It is a bit far from the unIversity compared to the other hotels in the area, but still quite close...5-8 minute drive to campus. My kids needed a nap and the staff let me check in several hours early. They were very helpful and even grabbed me a luggage cart and helped me load it up. The room was very new, clean, and nice with the white WASHED comforters rather than the bedspreads that get washed once a month. The fridge was nice to hold my leftovers from Eskimo Joes and they even upgraded my room to a suite with the fold out couch since I had the kids and it was a quiet Sunday night. The pool and hot tub were not the cleanest, but then again it WAS a cold November day AND the day after a packed OSU football game, so I'll give them slack on that one. All in all, it was a great experience and I will definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed November 2011
Calumet, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2011

I chose the La Quinta because I knew it was a newer place and because the hotels closer to campus were booked up, but found that it is inconveniently far away. It's about 3 miles from Oklahoma State University, so it's a bit too far to walk, and parking around campus is a nightmare. Other than location, I had no problems with this facility.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Stillwater? Share your experiences!