“I liked this hotel a lot” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Stillwater
Birmingham, Alabama
“I liked this hotel a lot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

I only spent one night here, but I really enjoyed it. My room was large, the type with the living room when you first walk in from the hallway and the bedroom in the back. I like this set-up because it seems quieter when you can sleep further from the hallway.

At breakfast in the hotel restaurant ... each booth had its own tv. The meal was good, and I had been given a free coupon for breakfast at check-in the day before so that was even better.

There is a Wal-Mart right next door, which was good because I did need to pick up a few things for the rest of my trip.

I left with nothing to complain about.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Calumet, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2011

Good room, what you'd expect from a Holiday Inn... pool was outdoor and cold (apparently unheated?) and hot tub was too dirty to get in. There is a restaurant on site, but they don't have a free breakfast like most hotels in this price range do.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2011

My husband and i were in town for a golf tournament. The location was great, the hotel was new, and we received an upgrade to a suite upon checkin. Our room was clean, the bed was comfortable, I have no complaints about the room or the service upon checkin. Our biggest complaint was with the restaurant. One morning we ordered a complete breakfast (pancakes, eggs, etc). It was horrible. We went elsewhere a few other mornings, but decided to grab a quick bagel the final morning. I swear they had to go to the grocery store to buy some, because it took 15 minutes to bring us a bagel and juice! And there was only one other couple in the restaurant! Also, we didn't bring our laptop so we needed to use the business center....two computers, which was fine, but the room was so cold you could hang meat in there. And since we were there for golf, we also enjoy watching the Golf Channel, but they do not offer it. Overall, nice place to stay, just find another place to eat.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2011

I enjoyed my stay and from all the previous reviews had me worried. I came to see Iowa vs OSU in a wrestling tournament and drove 7hrs. This hotel is minutes away from the college and the hotel staff was very excited and helpful. My room was available upon arrival and the bed was very comfortable and that is what I needed after driving 7hrs to see the major event. Has plush pillow & up to date furniture in the rooms and the bathroom had regular towels. Has a flat screen in the room so overall it satisfied my needs for a night stay and you near a wal-mart to get your OSU T-shirts if needed. I have photos but don't know how to upload them on here. Pictures speak louder than words.

• Stayed January 2011
Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2010

After reading the very mixed reviews, I was a little leery of staying here, but am glad we did. It's in a great location- right when you come into town with easy access to campus. Though we arrived late, we had no problem finding a parking space despite the hotel being full. Our first impression when we drove up was positive, and we weren't disappointed. Everything from the parking lot to the rooms appeared to be clean and in good repair. We had a room with two queens and found it be be clean, spacious and quiet. The bed was the most comfortable we have ever slept in. (My husband even liked it better than our sleep number at home.) The internet connected easily and was quick and reliable. Both check-in and check-out were effortless- the clerks that we worked with were not only professional, but friendly too. We did not have an opportunity to use the workout room, pool or restaurant but did take advantage of the fresh coffee available at check-out. Though Holiday Inn's are generally not out first choice when traveling, this property is definitely number one for us in Stillwater.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Tulsa, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2010

This property has so much potential but beware- they have a serious bug problem. I found several dead ones and two live ones- one crawled across my suitcase and the other one was in the bed. This was right before I checked out but I was disgusted thinking about the possibility of sleeping with bugs-yuck! I told the front desk staff but they just wrote down the info and offered no apology or explanation.

This was actually the second room I had as the first one had no toiletries and a full refrigerator. A colleague of mine stayed here several months ago and had said they gave her a dirty room and she had to wait while they cleaned one for her. I should have listened to her and trip advisor!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2010 via mobile

Worst place ever. Over priced. No security.water leaks and bugs everywhere.worthless GM I ever talked with.

• Stayed May 2010

Been to Holiday Inn Stillwater - University East? Share your experiences!