“still the best resort in Oklahoma” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Eagle Creek Escape Guest Cottages

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Smithville
Eagle Creek Escape Guest Cottages
You added Eagle Creek Escape Guest Cottages to your Saves list
24563 Spring Lake Trail, Smithville, OK 74957   |
Alva, Oklahoma
“still the best resort in Oklahoma”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

This was about our 20th visit to Eagle Creek and about the 12th time we'd stayed in Lost Creek cabin. What I like about this place is the privacy, the scenery, and the ability to just get away from the world for a few days. The cabin was great--Andy and Zondra had done their usual good job in getting things ready. This has got to be about the prettiest area in Oklahoma, reminds me of northern New Mexico..

Room Tip: the cabins along the bluff are my favorites, but they all are very nice.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Zondra took care of us so that we could relax and have fun.
The cabin was quality and clean. The fireplace, hot tub, and sauna tub all worked well.
We were provided with plenty of firewood, and there was even a fishing pond.
Breakfast was wonderful.
No complaints.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

This was my second trip to the cabins, but my first to The Escape. Rhonda and Dennis had "warned" me about the view from the deck of Eagle's Nest, so I was prepared to be impressed... but not to be AWED. Sunrise was like a light show on the brown, yellow, orange and red leaves on the thousands of trees we could see for miles and miles. The water in the creek was turquoise blue and you could hear to the water rippling over the rocks even while inside on the sofa or laying in bed. Instant relaxation! This is a beautiful cabin with great appointments and nothing overlooked, or taken for granted. The Best-in-the-World view was matched only by management's heartfelt desire to make sure our visit was perfect and memorable... which it was. I could go on and on still not say enough good things about The Escape, but if I had to use one word: "Heavenly".

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Paris, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

When I saw the online pictures of these cabins I knew I wanted to experience them. I chose The Deer Ridge cabin for its inviting, comfy decor and was not disappointed in the least. I needed a place to relax and renew my spirit, and this is exactly what I got. The onsite care taker, Mary, is a lovely person who made my stay so easy. Everything I needed except for food and personal needs was provided. The linens and towels were so luxurious that I felt truly pampered. Thank you, Rhonda and Dennis, for all the work you do to provide such exceptional cabins. I spent 4 lovely nights, and will definitely return as soon as possible.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

We spent 3 nights over the Labor Day weekend at Zondra and Andy's establishment. I had no idea that doing nothing could be so much fun. The cabins are spotlessly clean and set up for romance. Wait... Did I say we did nothing? haha We'll be back for sure.

Room Tip: No pool... but a private hot tub on the deck and a large jacuzzi inside. Woot!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Duncan, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

I accidentally found this place from someone else's post on Facebook. That goodnes I did!! My husband and I loved it!! We got there on a Friday evening and left on Monday morning. We drove up Talimena Drive and even though it wasn't fall, it was still gorgeous. The cabin is like being in your own little world. One that we didn't want to leave. I was absolutely wonderful and I would go back in a minute!!

Room Tip: No swimming pool or fitness center.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Just celabrated our Anniversary by spending a couple of nights here. Was somewhat anxious about what to expect before we arrived. Little did we know our worries were totally unfounded. What a great secluded, beautiful location for a couples getaway. The cabins were clean, up to date, and as mentioned by others, the food prepared by Zondra was excellent. Well worth the effort to get there.

Room Tip: We choose Lovers leap although any of the other cabins looked and many of the same amenities.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Eagle Creek Escape Guest Cottages? Share your experiences!