“Great food and the best ice cream!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 27 Restaurants in Skiatook
Cuisines: Fast Food, Dessert
Owasso, OK
“Great food and the best ice cream!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We always try to stop by when we are out for the day at the lake. Cheeseburgers are always great, good amount to a serving of fries, and the fried pickles are really good as well. The ice cream and shakes are my favorite though. Always look forward to getting one when we stop by and sit outside to enjoy it.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Skiatook, Oklahoma
“Good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Their burgers are very good !!! Their meat is fresh. Everything is good. Kind of small inside the Tastee Freez but other than that it's good.

Visited March 2013
Houston, Texas
“Ehhhh...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

I can't begin to review the physical restaurant, as we did a call-in order. However, the food itself isn't much to talk about, either. We got several cheeseburgers with fries, hoping they would be better than the mainstream fast food. I was extremely hungry, so I don't even remember the taste, but my husband said that he didn't care for it. The burgers were small and didn't have much to them, and the fries weren't that great either. In terms of fast food, it's about average. In terms of real food, go somewhere else. Where is there a Chick-Fil-A when you need one?

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Sperry, Oklahoma
“Gotta know what to order...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I don't go to Tastee Freez for the burgers. Descriptions that you've read describing the size of the burger portions are accurate. I will say the fries are usually pretty good, and I've also had pretty good luck with - strangely enough - their fried shrimp dinner; the shrimp aren't usually deep fried to the consistency of leather, which is always helpful, and again you get their fries which are pretty good.

One gripe I've had since I rediscovered this menu item is what they call their pizza burger. Now: when I was in high school, our snack bar used to sell pizza burgers. What this is, is the kind of patty we'd get that's sold as a steak sandwich, but there's a slice of mozzarella cheese layered in underneath the coating. Deep fry that baby, place it on a bun, put your dressing on it (I like mustard, many like mayo) and it's an ooey, gooey delicious mess of a sandwich. WEEeeellll......at Tastee Freez, even though it's been described to me as this very sandwich, I've yet to ever get that melted slice of mozzarella attached to the meat whenever I've ordered a pizza burger there. What I've always ended up with is what every other restaurant calls a steak sandwich, which is heartbreaking; if their pizza burger had that melted mozzarella on it, I'd up my rating by a star or two and perhaps frequent this place two-three times a week. Maybe more.

Okay......so you, the reader, may be wondering "Hey! You gave this place three stars! Why are you complaining so much but still gave it three stars, you doofus?" The reason: their soft serve ice cream. Tastee Freez has always had the best soft serve around; I prefer it even over Dairy Queen's and definately over Sonic's. It makes for a delicious banana split, their shakes and malts are good (I usually try to remind them to not make my malts very thick, and they have usually obliged nicely), and they make the same kind of dipped cone like you find at DQ.

And their limeades: this is what a limeade should be like. Straight, with no flavoring, Tastee Freez's limeades have the right degree of tart without making your eyes water. With flavoring, such as cherry, the blending of flavors and sweetness is delicious and refreshing.

I've never had a real issue with their counter help. Yes, they're young, but for many of these teenagers working here this is their first job anywhere, so I'm more forgiving at Tastee Freez if I receive less than stellar customer service. They've never been outright rude to me, which helps with that opinion.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Not worth the price!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I spent 15.00 tonight. My cheeseburger was so small it hardly filled up 3/4 of the bun! It was smaller than a McDonalds burger! I called to ask about it and the young girl that answered the phone seemed liked she could care less. She said the buns they were using were bigger than normal! Haha it was a regular size bun! We will definitely not be going back!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Sam L, Owner at Tastee Freez Drive-in, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
I would like to apologize for your unpleasant experience at Tastee Freez. We have addressed this issue with our staff. I would like the opportunity to resolve this to your satisfaction.