“Would stay here again” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Shawnee
Loveland, Colorado
“Would stay here again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

We spent 1 night in mid-July on our drive from Montgomery AL to Albuquerque NM. After a very long day on the road, we were pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness, the room size, and the quiet. The front desk staff was cheerful and helpful. The breakfast was nothing out of the ordinary, but was certainly sufficient. If I'm back this way in the future, I'd come back here for sure.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Los Angeles, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

I didn't realize how far outside of Oklahoma City that Shawnee was, but the hotel made it less frustrating. It was really the only affordable option so if you find yourself in the same predicament, just be prepared for a good 30 minute drive to and from the city center.

We had a huge suite - one master bedroom and a separate room with 2 beds and one shared bath and mini kitchenette. It was clean, the beds were huge and comfy, the staff was friendly - although they did spend a lot of time outside smoking. The hotel was quiet, I honestly didn't see many other people there. The parking was free and plentiful. It was a joy to watch the sunrise through the rooms huge windows.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Oklahoma City
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2011

We stayed there with our team in April on a Saturday(one night) and were charged for 2 nights. I called and asked about it,and the guy who answered the phone said i definitely see where you were charged twice,so when my manager gets in we will get this taken care of for you. Well that never happened,fast forward 2 weeks i call back and spoke to the lady manager,she stated she only seen it once,and would do research and call me back. She NEVER called back. So i called again the next day and spoke with the male manager on duty,he said the same thing which is he only sees the charge once. Yet,i sent him an email with proof of my statement showing 2 charges,and still no refund for the second charge. I finally called my bank which stated yes there is definitely 2 charges,and he sent a cc dispute for the second charge so that we could finally get our money back. We had to change our initial room because it was not cleaned,it smelled of a bowel movement,and there were dirty clothes left in the drawers including dirty socks left under the lamp area. NEVER AGAIN!!!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else,perhaps the Comfort Suites
  • Stayed April 2011

Travelers are raving about these Shawnee hotels

Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2011

We have stayed at this hotel a lot over the past 4 plus years. Each time it has been a little more disappointing in the cleanliness department. This time there were large chunks of food on the floor near the bed and under the dust ruffle, pieces of kleenex and paper sticking out behind the night stand and large thick dusty webs in the corners where the room divider met the wall. My husband went around and picked up the chunks of food and wiped out the webs while I attacked everything else with my ever present pack of wipes! The bathroom floor was covered with hair. Covered. There was quite a bit behind the bathroom door and the worst was there was a long black hair wrapped around the plastic cups on the dirty tray in the bathroom. I felt like if there was that much on the bathroom floor, how much was on the carpet that we couldn't see? It obviously had not been vacuumed in quite awhile. Food chunks in the back cracks of the fabric covered chairs (why do hotels have fabric covered furniture?) and an a thick layer of white dust along the edge of the entire room added to the ambiance. We were just thankful that at least there wasn't a wad of hot pink gum on the ceiling this time! The lighting is the worst we have ever seen - very dim in all the rooms. After we clean the room, we just don't have housekeeping come in again and then we are fine. The bed is comfortable, the breakfast is OK and food area clean, the workers are all very friendly and it is quiet. It just gets a little dirtier each time we stay there which is too bad.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Waynoka, OK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2010

We were traveling on our Harley, and stayed here for the night... right next to Walmart and other eating places... They provide a GREAT HOT breakfast... with eggs and biscuits and gravy... the lady does a great job on the breakfast. The room was CLEAN, Quiet and Cool. The bed was soft and comfy... the outdoor pool and spa was relaxing...we would stay here again if ever in the area!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Aberdeen, Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2010

Great hotel. Very modern. Only downside was no Do Not Disturb sign in room meant housekeeping waking me up at 9am EVERY morning.

Fitness room & outdoor pool are decent.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2009

Trying to make the reservation for not just this Holiday Inn, but even the Holiday Inn we stayed at the next night in a different state was very difficult. They told me a room and a price before I even told them how many people and what we would need.
When you call they transfer you to reservations. I don't know where they transfer the call to, but the language barrier each time I called was really frustrating. So If you call to check on availability and pricing, trust me, tell them you do not want to be transferred to their reservations department. However the free breakfast in the morning is awesome, they have eggs(a little funky),bacon, bisquits and gravy, and cinniomon rolls, etc.....

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express Shawnee I-40? Share your experiences!