“Just OK” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Shawnee
Minnesota
“Just OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2011

We have stayed at this hotel a lot over the past 4 plus years. Each time it has been a little more disappointing in the cleanliness department. This time there were large chunks of food on the floor near the bed and under the dust ruffle, pieces of kleenex and paper sticking out behind the night stand and large thick dusty webs in the corners where the room divider met the wall. My husband went around and picked up the chunks of food and wiped out the webs while I attacked everything else with my ever present pack of wipes! The bathroom floor was covered with hair. Covered. There was quite a bit behind the bathroom door and the worst was there was a long black hair wrapped around the plastic cups on the dirty tray in the bathroom. I felt like if there was that much on the bathroom floor, how much was on the carpet that we couldn't see? It obviously had not been vacuumed in quite awhile. Food chunks in the back cracks of the fabric covered chairs (why do hotels have fabric covered furniture?) and an a thick layer of white dust along the edge of the entire room added to the ambiance. We were just thankful that at least there wasn't a wad of hot pink gum on the ceiling this time! The lighting is the worst we have ever seen - very dim in all the rooms. After we clean the room, we just don't have housekeeping come in again and then we are fine. The bed is comfortable, the breakfast is OK and food area clean, the workers are all very friendly and it is quiet. It just gets a little dirtier each time we stay there which is too bad.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Waynoka, OK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2010

We were traveling on our Harley, and stayed here for the night... right next to Walmart and other eating places... They provide a GREAT HOT breakfast... with eggs and biscuits and gravy... the lady does a great job on the breakfast. The room was CLEAN, Quiet and Cool. The bed was soft and comfy... the outdoor pool and spa was relaxing...we would stay here again if ever in the area!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Aberdeen, Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2010

Great hotel. Very modern. Only downside was no Do Not Disturb sign in room meant housekeeping waking me up at 9am EVERY morning.

Fitness room & outdoor pool are decent.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2009

Trying to make the reservation for not just this Holiday Inn, but even the Holiday Inn we stayed at the next night in a different state was very difficult. They told me a room and a price before I even told them how many people and what we would need.
When you call they transfer you to reservations. I don't know where they transfer the call to, but the language barrier each time I called was really frustrating. So If you call to check on availability and pricing, trust me, tell them you do not want to be transferred to their reservations department. However the free breakfast in the morning is awesome, they have eggs(a little funky),bacon, bisquits and gravy, and cinniomon rolls, etc.....

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Burns Flat,Ok
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2009

My husband & I checked in Friday 06/12/09.We entered our room finding it wasn't empty.Our room had an elderly lady that was very surprised that we were entering her room.After an embarrassing moment my husband appologized to the lady & headed back to the front desk.The gentleman at the desk aplogized & kindly gave us another room.My husband & I have stayed here many times,each time something or another has been wrong with the pool or hot tub.This time the pool & hot tub was chained & locked.A sign hanging temporarily out of order.Doesn't appear that the pool has been open all spring.My opinion is that the pool hasn't been updated with the mandatory drainage system that recently became the law.Sounds like they are trying to get by using the temporarily out of order for maintenace sign.Another issue was the fitness room was extremely hot.I don't believe the airconditioning was running at all.A lonely box fan that blew behind me was the only air stirring.The remote to the T.V. in the fitness room, was missing the back & batteries.Therefore the remote was useless.No discounts were offered for any of these inconveniences.One the positive side this facility was clean.Staff appeared friendly.Thanks T. Gillham B.F. OK.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
baldwin county
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2009

My family stayed at this hotel it was wonderful. When we go back to Shawnee Oklahoma we will be staying there again. Keep up the great work,.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2009

While driving from LA to NC, I stayed at this HIE overnight and it was a good choice. This is an all-suite hotel so there is a separate sitting area and wet bar. The room was nicely appointed and was very clean. The area around the hotel has fast food to fine dining so no one will go hungry. The staff was very friendly and efficient. Despite the nearby freeway and all of the shopping and dining establishments, the room was absolutely silent. HIE must have upgraded their bedding recently because it was all first class.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo

Been to Holiday Inn Express Shawnee I-40? Share your experiences!