“Beautiful Hotel good price - but the walls are thin” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Downstream Casino Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Quapaw
Downstream Casino Resort
Save Saved
You added Downstream Casino Resort to your Saves list
69300 East Nee Road, Quapaw, OK 74363   |
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Quapaw
Springfield, Mo
“Beautiful Hotel good price - but the walls are thin”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2010

My husband and I recently took an overnight trip to the casino at downstream. The room was beautiful and cheap. One of the nicest rooms I have ever stayed in. We were woken up in the night due to noise from other rooms or the hallway. I would recommend this place but just be aware of the possible noise. It would be a good to ask for a room away from the elevator and the staff elevator. We ate at the Red Oak Steakhouse it was very good and expensive but I will go back. yum! This is a great place for a one night stay, after that there is not much else to do.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

167 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
fayetteville, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2010

I went on a girls trip the room was magnificent and the food was great. I won playing the slots. Rooms are expensive on the weekeneds but overall had a great time.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
Northwest Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2010

Now, realizing it is an Indian "casino" it shouldn’t be a negative that there isn't much to do outside of gambling I suppose. I'm not a big gambler but I really enjoy walking around the hotels, shops, and nightlife of Las Vegas. So if you are like me, you may not enjoy Downstream so much.

On the positive, I was very impressed with the quality of the hotel decor, customer service, room size/ set up and cleanliness. There is a lot of beautiful Indian art throughout the hotel. There is a gift shop which would have been the perfect place to offer Indian art for sale, but instead there is an odd mix of boutique soaps, candles, fragrances and hotel logo items. The hotel and casino do a good job with ventilation - I'm a nonsmoker. However $149 a night considering the area and amenities available seems a little high. There is a small pool and fitness center, but outside of the casino that is about it (outside of the hotel this area of Oklahoma is not very popluated or developed)

There is one large casino with restaurants around the circular perimeter of the casino floor - a 24 hour fast food area, a casual dining restaurant, a buffet and a steak house. There is also a "sports bar", but I don't know if I would call it that. The sports bar was about 4 tables set next to a round bar that had a few small tv's. The TV’s were obstructed by a country western band playing in front of the TV's on a little stage. There are no dance clubs or nightclub areas. We ate at the casual dining restaurant and buffet. The prices were fair, food ok, nothing special or with ambiance, but not bad. The drink prices were also not too bad, $2.50 for domestic draft and $3.30 for premium draft - we were prepared that they weren't complimentary like in Vegas from another Tripadvisor posting.

We went on a Saturday night and there wasn’t really any kind of social scene or energy for people watching. Unless you came with your own large group of people the other patrons seemed pretty serious about their 1-cent and 5-cent slots (lol’s). But we made it a fun time anyway.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2009

The room was very nice, but little walking space. The bell hops and doormen were the BEST! On the casino floor however the wait staff could take (Should) take lessons from the doormen and bell hops. Extremely BAD service on the floor. After waiting 45 minutes for a drink, I finally had to go find a floor assistant to help me. The same waitress that was serving my area just happen to bring my drink out and had the nerve to say "sorry that you had to come to us for a drink". At last call for drinks instead of waiting again for a waitress, I went to the bar myself, no more then 5 minutes went by and a floor assistant told me I had down it NOW or he would take it. Why didn't he bartender tell me this when I bought the drink? I stayed up all night because I love to play the slots but, I will think twice, no once on going back. My husband biggest peeve was that he was not able to check us in, even though his name was on the credit card to. Come to find out later, he also bad floor service.

Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Mountain Home, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2009

Stayed there on my way back from vegas.I didnt know what to expect but the place shure impressed me.Its just as nice or better than three quarters of the casino`s on the las vegas strip.The rooms are excellent,the staff from the front desk to room service to the casino are great friendly people.Loved the casino,i done very well on the slots.So if your looking for a taste of vegas close to home Downstream is the place.This was my 14 time going to vegas but i think i will be spending more time closer to home at Downstream.I would recomend this hotel and casino to anybody anytime

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2009

Have been there several times. My advice ~ get a players card and earn points. Get free hotel room and free food! VERY comfortable beds in rooms. They let you win a little on the slots, and then shut them off. :-)
But great food and awesome rooms...

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Hurricane, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2009

We were very surprised at the Downstream Casino. We stayed for 8 days. The rooms were very nice and clean with lovely views of the trees. The staff was polite and attentive. The casino rivals anything in Vegas or San Diego for the selection and number of penny machines. The gambling was fun and the pay off was very decent.
We visited family in nearby Joplin and the small commute was worth every bit. I would definitely stay there again and would recommend it to anyone.
The pool was nice and they were in the process of building a nice clubhouse for various uses. I did not once have to open a door as the staff was on the ball. The restaurants were a bit pricey for me but no more than the average casino. We did eat breakfast at the cafe and the food quality was not that good, but we didn't stay for the food anyway!
The only caution I would give is DO NOT miss your exit or you are on the toll road and will have to pay to turn around at the next exit. (minimal)
I would say go, have fun and win some money!

Been to Downstream Casino Resort? Share your experiences!