“Gamblers beware” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Downstream Casino Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Quapaw
Downstream Casino Resort
You added Downstream Casino Resort to your Saves list
69300 East Nee Road, Quapaw, OK 74363   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Quapaw
Kansas
“Gamblers beware”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2009

The room was very nice, but little walking space. The bell hops and doormen were the BEST! On the casino floor however the wait staff could take (Should) take lessons from the doormen and bell hops. Extremely BAD service on the floor. After waiting 45 minutes for a drink, I finally had to go find a floor assistant to help me. The same waitress that was serving my area just happen to bring my drink out and had the nerve to say "sorry that you had to come to us for a drink". At last call for drinks instead of waiting again for a waitress, I went to the bar myself, no more then 5 minutes went by and a floor assistant told me I had down it NOW or he would take it. Why didn't he bartender tell me this when I bought the drink? I stayed up all night because I love to play the slots but, I will think twice, no once on going back. My husband biggest peeve was that he was not able to check us in, even though his name was on the credit card to. Come to find out later, he also bad floor service.

Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Mountain Home, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2009

Stayed there on my way back from vegas.I didnt know what to expect but the place shure impressed me.Its just as nice or better than three quarters of the casino`s on the las vegas strip.The rooms are excellent,the staff from the front desk to room service to the casino are great friendly people.Loved the casino,i done very well on the slots.So if your looking for a taste of vegas close to home Downstream is the place.This was my 14 time going to vegas but i think i will be spending more time closer to home at Downstream.I would recomend this hotel and casino to anybody anytime

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2009

Have been there several times. My advice ~ get a players card and earn points. Get free hotel room and free food! VERY comfortable beds in rooms. They let you win a little on the slots, and then shut them off. :-)
But great food and awesome rooms...

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Hurricane, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2009

We were very surprised at the Downstream Casino. We stayed for 8 days. The rooms were very nice and clean with lovely views of the trees. The staff was polite and attentive. The casino rivals anything in Vegas or San Diego for the selection and number of penny machines. The gambling was fun and the pay off was very decent.
We visited family in nearby Joplin and the small commute was worth every bit. I would definitely stay there again and would recommend it to anyone.
The pool was nice and they were in the process of building a nice clubhouse for various uses. I did not once have to open a door as the staff was on the ball. The restaurants were a bit pricey for me but no more than the average casino. We did eat breakfast at the cafe and the food quality was not that good, but we didn't stay for the food anyway!
The only caution I would give is DO NOT miss your exit or you are on the toll road and will have to pay to turn around at the next exit. (minimal)
I would say go, have fun and win some money!

Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2009

We were very pleasantly surprised by the hotel and casino - a very nice room (actually pretty wonderful for $85), the staff was super-friendly and helpful, and the casino was pleasant as well. It's not Vegas (since there's only one casino/hotel, and no nightclub), but if you're looking for a casino fix in the heartland, it's an excellent choice.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Raymore MO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2009

We are in our 60's & not in best of health, so when we discovered that my husband had forgot to cash in over $300 in chips, I called to see if I could send them insured with his card number and have them send a check. The answer was 'no' - we would just have to come back to use them (We live in Kansas City) I feel that is like giving the casino $300 as I do not know when we could return. If we are able, you can bet that the chips will be cashed but nothing spent in the casino. IT IS THE LITTLE THINGS THAT DETERMINE WHERE YOU SPEND YOUR MONEY. Even though the hotel was nice, I can spend my money in other equally as nice places that try to have better customer relations.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Branson, Mo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2009

No, the first great stay was not a fluke. Just returned from a teriffic visit to Downstream. I did not come home a winner in the casino, but the relaxing stay was the best. I was given a room with a view of the front drive , nice. The employees were very friendly and helpful from the valet parking to the front desk and even the casino workers. I recommend this experience to all casino goers, maybe not to families with young children although I saw several there. Looking forward to my next trip!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo

Been to Downstream Casino Resort? Share your experiences!