“Local Charm” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Rancho Santa Margarita, California
“Local Charm”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

If you are looking for a restaurant in Ponca City with a real Oklahoma feel, this is it. It has the "sports bar" type TV set up so there is a good deal of ambient noise and it seems very popular with the local populace. My dinner was good and, since it was freezing outside, the warm atmosphere was welcome. The portions were good sized. All in all a pleasant experience.

Visited January 2014

Ponca City, Oklahoma
“Good Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

The newly opened Ground Round restaurant in Ponca City, Oklahoma was very clean. The wait staff was very kind & helpful with selections from the menu. The menu was quite extensive. Nice variety of items. I chose a Grilled Chicken Salad & my husband ordered a hamburger. Both were VERY tastey! We also liked that baskets of popcorn were served pre-meal instead of chips. It was far less filling! Items were a little pricey for the area, but about par for the type of establishment. We will return!

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Denver, Colorado
“First time dining here...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

As a relatively new transplant to the area, I'd never heard of this chain restaurant before. It just opened here in town, and it was incredibly busy the first week it was open. I was kind of excited to try it out!
Unfortunately, I wasn't that impressed. I was there for a business lunch - the waitress had trouble getting everyone's order taken correctly, and there were some mistakes when the orders actually came to the table as well.
I ordered the chicken ranch grille 1/2 sandwich and soup (I selected chicken tortilla). The soup had ONE piece of chicken in the entire bowl. And, it tasted more like cheese soup than chicken tortilla. I would definitely not recommend this soup. The sandwich was just ok. Bread was pretty greasy. The waitress forgot to bring the fries and side of ranch that same with my lunch, and it took quite awhile for her to bring it to the table.
Overall, I'd much rather eat across the street at Chili's. So much for having a new restaurant option here in town.

• Visited October 2013