“Excellent service at El Tequila” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 87 Restaurants in Owasso
Owasso, Oklahoma, United States
“Excellent service at El Tequila”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Whether we have only two or a larger group we always get good service at El Tequila. We have never been disappointed with their food. The menu is quite varied and the food is always good. You can get a nice meal at a reasonable price.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Good Food in Owasso”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The Pollo al Queso is pretty good, but the chicken is in fairly large chunks. The lunch special #9 is my go to meal now. Margaritas are wonderful.

Visited December 2013
Tulsa, Oklahoma, Usa
“Great food, excellent service, reasonable price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

My family loves El Tequilla! The food is fantastic. I haven't found anything on the menu that disappointed me. The staff is very friendly, and go out of their way to make sure you have an enjoyable experience. The salsa is made fresh and it is so good. The food comes out fast and they don't mind making substitutions. Best of all is the price! It is nice to be able to feed a family of four for less than $40!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Skiatook, Oklahoma
“El Tequila”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

The food is excellent and the atmosphere is awesome !!!! The prices are a lot lower than expected when you walk in. Great service :~) I love this place.

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Oklahoma
“Affordable Mexican style food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

As expected, we received free chips and salsa. They were okay. The salsa was a bit bland, but given that we were hungry we sure ate a bunch.
I ordered the mojillo fish dish with grilled onions and mushrooms, topped with cheese. My initial impression of the dish was that the fish was delicious and juicy. However, I was grossed out by the amount of cheese on top of the fish. It was served with 2 flour tortillas, which is not enough to turn the meal into tacos. The tortillas were irrelevant; their purposed escaped me and I didn't eat them. The steamed vegetables were tasteless, as are most steamed vegetables. Some flavor could have helped. The rice was very moist and delicious. I did have to pick out the unexpected peas from it because I'm allergic to them, but there weren't very many.
My dining companion had some chicken enchiladas with a red verde sauce (not sure how they did that). Her chicken was tough and had a hard time cutting her enchiladas, but she was still happy with it. We both were able to stuff ourselves with only half our plates eaten.
Minuses: It would be nice if Mexican "style" restaurants wouldn't try to appease the palates of Americans by covering a potentially good meal with a load of cheese or smothering things in sauce and giving us servings that are twice as big as they should be.
Pluses: The service was excellent. The price range was affordable. The time it took to be served was satisfactory. Overall, the meals were good and the price was comparable to the quality. We will consider going back.

• Visited March 2013