“Hotel is in a staff retraining and the service is lost.” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Owasso
Cabot, Arkansas
“Hotel is in a staff retraining and the service is lost.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2010

First the Hotel is beautiful from the outside however when you enter the staff is absolutely lost as to what to do and customer service. When we checked in we requested that the room charges be placed on a different Credit Card than the one that was used to confirm the reservations, the card that held the reservations was authorized and the new card was authorized as well so we had charges for the room on two cards. The desk agent which was obviously new or at least with very little experience or technical know how could and would not correct the problem. We had to call Holiday Inn guest services and the agent refused to work with them to resolve the problem. No one on the staff spoke to us I even spoke to a housekeeper and she turned her head and did not return the gesture. The one and only bright spot was the Front Office Manager who was working the desk the morning we departed she was friendly, knowledgeable and was trying to do the job very professionally. The damage to us was done and could not be repaired the Front Office Manager stated the pm desk agent did not call her for advice as to how to correct the problem. I think in a year this will be a better run Hotel and some of thees issues will be resolved until then just be aware.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
enid
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2010

We have stayed here over the years and have always been happy. Iit is not what it used to be. Great Pool and Hottub. Beds are ok, shower was dirty and shower gel from previous guests was still in tub. Be prepared to drink only the coffee & cinnamon roll for breakfast as cereal bins were empty and fridge had only some yogart and a few waflles that husband found mold on and some boiled eggs. (might have just been a bad day. )Halls on first floor reeked of smoke and for me I found this such a turn off. Hotels of any quality should keep smoking outside. I think we will try another next time, sorry

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Warrensburg MO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2009

Our room was clean, the hot tub by the pool worked properly, breakfast was fine, staff was helpful. A desk clerk told us that ownership had changed. Road access is a bit complicated (through the parking lot of a fast food place), as the hotel doesn't have a direct entrance from the highway or frontage road. Directions at website a bit confusing.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Mankato, MN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2007

My wife and I stayed at the hotel in January because we are moving to the area and we were looking at local properties and meeting with builders. Our flight came in late (midnight), so needless to say we were exhausted. There were many tell tale signs that the stay was not going to be pleasant, and it all started with the bathroom. The water was lukewarm to cold, and the mirror was extremely dirty. My wife made the comment, " it doesn't even look like it was cleaned." One thing to note was there were no pads of paper or pens when I went to write something down. After the second night of having cold water for the shower, I complained about the water temperature. They mentioned they have been having problems with it and a plumber recently just came out to fix the water heater. They switched us to the room right next door indicating it operated from a different water heater. After the transtion, my wife said, "well at least we have pens and paper to write with, hopefully the water is better." Again entering the bathroom, the floor was disgusting, there was pubic hair everywhere and then I noticed some brown spots on the floor. I grabbed a towel and wet it with some water to wipe it off. Of course it wiped off just the same way dried blood would wipe off and had the same look. After that discovery we shared one towel and used the rest to cover the floor, so we could walk on the floor. We questioned whether the first room was cleaned let alone the second room. Again the water was cold. We left and I complained upon returning home, and all I got was a $30 refund for an absolutely disgusting and horrible stay.

• Liked — It had a bed
  • Disliked — The disgusting pubic hair on the floor and the cold water
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
NJ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2006

This hotel is not only dirty as the photos will point out. A staff member at the hotel told me off the record "the owner was too cheap to buy cleaning supplies". The night I checked-in my room had not been cleaned, no soap, shampoo, and no coffee.. Coffee pot filter and pot were not emptied, let alone cleaned. I'm sure the sheets had not been changed. I went to the front desk and asked to be moved, I was told there was no other room. The next day I checked the Best Western and they could not put me up for 2 of the 3 remaining nights, so that was not an option. They assured me my room would be cleaned, and it never was. The next day the hotel maids log said "room could not be cleaned (my room) because the door was door was locked from the inside." That would mean one of two things; one I was dead inside or two I had jumped from a third floor window.

This hotel is a disaster waiting to happen. The sauna did not work, but in addition to that; half the lighting in the pool area did not work, nor did the card key lock at the pool entry end of the building. Leading me to believe that they all might be on the same breaker. If maintenance is anything like housekeeping, someone could easily throw a breaker that could cause an electrical fire. This hotel is at the intersection of 2 major highways I-75 and I-169, This hotel is unsafe for children, anyone could walk in take a child and be back on the interstate in 2 minutes.

The night before I was to check out I read you Customer Satisfaction Statement, and was unsure how to proceed at check out. The front desk clerk telephoned the hotel owner, he offered me 10% off my stay about $40.00. While on the the phone with the owner he asked me why I did not asked to be moved to another room or why did I stay if it was so bad. The man was argumentative, I told him it was unacceptable. He told me to call him the next day, I did and he was unavailable, and again unavailable the next day when I called. He also never tried to contact me. The front desk clerk took one night off and Intercontintial sent me a check for one night $100.95. As far as I'm concerned this is two nights short of of the customer satisfaction guarantee.

Please send someone out to check on this hotel it's an accident waiting to happen.

Best Wishes,
JPE

• Tips/Secrets — Stay at the Best Western next door or closer to the airport with a better choice of hotels for less.
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2004

My husband had a resv. for the suite there for him and the grooms men of our wedding to stay at. Upon arriving we foind that the suite did not meet up to our expectations, the room was very small and did not sleep as many as was told on the internet. When we told the front desk, she told them that there was nothing else for them to do, and would not refund thier money even after they told her they were leaving and not returning. She recommended us to call the General Manager and when we did he did not call us back, my husband even when there in person and the General Manager would not see him. We are very disappointed not only in the hotel but the way the management handled the situation as well. Planning a wedding was difficult enough, and when you have to deal with situations like this it does not make things any easier, so we lost $200 on a room we did not even stay in. I would not stay here or even recommend anyone to stay here.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Owasso? Share your experiences!