“Outstanding customer service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Okmulgee
West Texas
“Outstanding customer service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

This is my third visit to to the Holiday Inn Express in Okmulgee. The hotel is very well maintained and is staffed with extremely helpful and genuinely nice folks. They go above and beyond to help with any questions and special requests. Basically, if you need some help, ask Marcy. Check in is quick, the rooms are clean, and the staff is great!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Tama, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Marcy was a great resource to have as it was my first visit to the area. She provided me with directions, ideas on places to eat, and told me how to get to places using quieter, more direct routes with less traffic. It was a great way to get acquainted with the place I may soon call home. The room was perfect, also. It was very clean and had all the things I needed to feel comfortable. The only thing that was not available for use at the time was the pool/spa area. Other than that I enjoyed every minute! Thank you Okmulgee Holiday Inn Express!

Room Tip: West facing room had a nice, quiet country view. Lovely.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Stayed here one night on business. This property looks to be pretty new, and nothing else in town looked to be anywhere near as nice. We got there a couple of hours before check in due to scheduling changes, and didn't have any issues getting checked in and getting to our rooms. Rooms were clean and well kept, appointments were a little nicer than the average hotel in this category. Visited during the spring (storm season in OK) and staff pointed out that half of the lower level of this hotel is reinforced to deal with storm winds. Didn't need it while we were there thank goodness even though there were strong storms in both Tulsa and OKC, but definitely a perk in this part of the world. Wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Pontiac, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

This is a great hotel! We stayed overnight and had not one single problem! When we arrived, Marcy checked us in very professionally and with a very pleasant attitude. They had already given us a complimentary upgrade because of our Priority Club status, and when we asked for an extended check-out, Marcy readily agreed--thanks Marcy! The suite was very nice, clean and comfortable. Nice firm beds which provided a great night's sleep for us. We enjoyed the usual Holiday Inn breakfast the next morning and then attended to personal matters in Okmulgee. Could not have asked for a better stay at this hotel. Having previously endured disappointing stays at the Okmulgee Day's Inn and Best Western hotels, we were very much pleased with the HIE. Will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Burleson, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

My three sisters and I came to Oklahoma from Texas for a cousin's 90th BirthDay party. We were the first of the family to arrive and were immediately impressed by the welcome of the staff, the efficiency of check-in process, and the efforts to make sure everything was perfect. One of the staff went the extra mile and helped us get an excellent picture of the four of us to give to the Birthday Cousin. The availability of the "Gathering Room" for both nights we were there made it easy and very enjoyable to get together and share a relaxed, comfortable visitation.

To top off the service, one of my sisters left her billfold in the "Gathering Room" the second night. The desk clerk recognized her picture on her drivers license, called our room early the next morning and delivered the billfold even before it was missed. That is extremely good service and greatly appreciated. There are four families in Texas that will stay at Holiday Inn Express every chance we get.

Room Tip: Family members were placed in nearby rooms which made access and exchange easier and more convenient...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Maumelle, Arkansas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I have been to Okmulgee several times for GM training several times at OSU. I have stayed at "another" hotel the first time and slept with my gun on the dresser!!! (I have a concealed weapons permit) When I found out about this hotel I was won over as soon as I checked in. Great staff, and awesome rooms !!! (The hot tube and pool are really great too!!) The breakfast bar is well stocked and offers a wide variety of hot and cold items. I have stayed here now at least 5 times and have NEVER been disappointed!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Silverton, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

When we first got here, I wasn't terribly impressed for the fact that we got put into a second floor room and obviously above us was a family with very rambunctious kids. They thumped and bumped most of the day and well into the evening. They were jumping around so hard that our room was literally shaking and it was so loud I kept a headache the whole 3 days they were above us. I bumped on the ceiling to let them know someone was below and that they were being too noisy and I got 5 very fast stomps in return letting me know they were not going to be respectful at all so I finally called the front desk and asked them if they could call them and ask them to quiet down. They did finally, but it was well after 9pm. Luckily they left the next day and our stay from there wasn't bad at all. The only other thing that I could say that was difficult was that apparently the hotel itself wasn't very well insulated. We could hear people talking at normal levels next door to us, and we could hear the TV blaring into all hours of the night next door as well and for me having Fibromyalgia and being very sensitive to noise made it hard for me to get any decent sleep. The staff is what get my biggest nod, they were all very friendly, helpful and professional. They were able to help us with any questions we had about the area, good restaurants, etc... I would be back just for the service alone. The breakfast was good with plenty of variety, eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy along with all the other misc items. Good coffee. I will definitely stay here again if we pass through this way.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the third floor if at all possible to avoid all the noise from people above you...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
sam l, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Okmulgee, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
We would like to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel!
We strive to make our hotel a Great Hotel Guests Love, and it is our mission to make our Guests feel as if this is their home away.
We apologize for any inconveniences you experienced while you were here. We have taken your words into consideration, and are working on updating some of the areas of our hotel that are in need of refreshing
We hope to see you again if you're in Okmulgee, OK again during your travels!

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Okmulgee? Share your experiences!