“Only Place I will ever stay at in Okmulgee! A+++” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Okmulgee
Wilson, Oklahoma
“Only Place I will ever stay at in Okmulgee! A+++”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I went to this particular Holiday Inn Express for valentines day with my husband. We have two children whom came up the following day to swim and enjoy they day away from home as well. We chose this hotel instead of one in tulsa because it was closer to home and we didnt want to leave and our 14month old needed us for any reason ,seeing how this was our first time leaving her with her grandmother overnight, normally we wouldnt dare rent a room in Okmulgee since motels arent for us. But we figured now that there was an actual Hotel of this kind so close to home why not give it a try. Were both so very glad we did. The room was very clean, spacious, nicely decorated as well as extremely comfortable. The staff was very friendly at both check in and checkout. We had planned to stay just the one night but rent the room for 2 so we could have the day use with our children but enjoyed our first night so much that we decided to take advantage of having paid for the full night already and decided to stay the 2nd night as well. I do have to add that I have severe neck and back issues so sleeping in a bed other than my own is often times escruciatingly painful. the bed was not an issue for me at all. My husband and I both slept like babies! We were also quite pleased with the extremey wide variety of choices in the breakfast bar. I was able to have my yougurt and fresh fruit while my husband took full advantage of the biscuts, sausage gravy, ham and cheese omlets and yes even made himself hot fresh pancakes. would we stay there again most defianately! When you can go to a nice hotel wheather it be close to home or a thousand miles away and be as comfortable as you would be in your own home you know exactly where you should be staying on your next trip or getaway. Will we be return guests??? YES!!! Thank you to all of the staff for their prffesional yet caring attitudes and the general manager Sam and his wife Pam for makng our stay a great one.

Room Tip: the west side of the building has a great veiw of a lovely feild. I can only imagine how pretty it w...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
sam l, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Okmulgee, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Thank you so much for the kind words! We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you every time you come in!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I love the rooms, always clean and the Staff was very friendly . I will return .....whenever we come to Okmulgee.
ooo!!!!! and the breakfast area;;; simply delicious ., we will see you soon.... Spring come soon!!!!

Room Tip: simply the best
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dickson, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We had a very spacious room that easily accommodated two adults and two kids with much more room to spare. Clean room, bed, bathroom and hallway. This is definitely one of the best holiday inn expresses we have stayed at. The breakfast area was clean and staff were very friendly. If I am ever traveling that route I will definitely consider staying there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

Rooms are big and clean. Lots of choice in breakfast. Staff was very friendly. The hotel was in great shape. This is the best hotel in okmulgee. We will always stay with holiday inn express if we come to okmulgee.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Casa Grande, AZ.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I left a review on this hotel back in May when we had traveled to Okmulgee to see a relative that was ill. When we came back in July for my uncle's funeral, we decided to try staying at a different hotel and booked the Best Western across the street. Two minutes of seeing that gross lobby and funky smelling joint, we booked it for.........the Holiday Inn Express!

One of the problems we had last time was that with four of us in one room (a suite even) the room was so crowded, it was nearly unbearable. This time, however, my mother, son and I decided that as much as we loved each other, seperate rooms were in order. So my son and I took a suite, and so did my mother (my cousin would be arriving to stay with her that evening).

Okay, so the only bad thing really was that when we were in OK they were experiencing a massive heat wave. It was about 100 degrees with 1000% humidity. UGH! When we went to our rooms, after lugging our suitcases in we noticed that there was NO air conditioning in the hallways from the 2nd floor up. It was miserable! Then when my son and I got to our room, it was stifflingly hot. The a/c unit was on, but was literally only cooling off about 2 feet from the blower - that's how hot it was in that room. I went down to my mom's room, and hers was icy cold. So she called the front desk, and we had to move to another room. Of course, no fault of the hotel, my son had decided in those four minutes to completely unpack everything we brought, so we had to pack everything up again, and a maintenance man helped us move everything into the new room - which was perfectly, nice and cold.

Having two people in the room was ideal, three would probably be fine as well, but a fourth just isn't possible for any kind of comfort. This time around, the beds were more comfy - I think because we weren't all crammed into them and had room to spread out and move around.

By the end of several hot and sad days, we were happy to return "home" to the HIE. So, here's my lesson, boys and girls: It's not how big the room is, it's how many people you pack into it that makes or breaks the room.

We did have breakfast one morning, and it was pretty decent. Everything tasted good, and they had these little southwestern omelets that we really enjoyed. Even better? Different flavors of hot tea to choose from. I was a happy camper.

Yes, I would recommend this hotel (with restrictions) and yes, I would stay here again. I don't think my last review was too harsh - I think everything I said was 100% accurate. Plan accordingly and use two rooms if there are more than two or three adults in your party.

Oh, and the rooms were spotlessly clean without any spiders, bugs, etc. No complaints there. The iron worked great on clothes we needed for the funeral, and did not leave gunk or smudges on them.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Casa Grande, AZ.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

My 2 kids and I drove to Okmulgee to visit family and collect a family member to bring back home. We paid quite a high price for the room (we stayed at a Hilton in Albuquerque on the way home and paid $40 less for it!), and it didn't appear that they offered any breaks or any "low season" type rates.

The room we had was a "suite" which included two barely-queen beds, and sleeper loveseat, a chair in the bedroom area, and a table and two chairs in the "sitting" area. The room wasn't much bigger than what I would consider a standard low-priced hotel room. My mother (the fam member we were picking up) decided to stay with us at the hotel, and with four of us in the room it was uncomfortable and crowded. Stuff was stacked everywhere due to having no extra space. My daughter slept on the pull out bed and my son on the floor. The pull out bed was lumpy and uncomfortable. I would have asked for a cot for my son, but there literally would not have been any room to put it anywhere! We have stayed in deluxe/superior/suite type rooms before and calling this room a suite was wwwaaaaayyyy overselling.

The bathroom WAS nice and roomy, with in-room products that are standard anymore. Did not have any problems with toilet flushing or too cold water, even with four of us using one facility.

The one big plus was a refridgerator where we stuck drinks and snacks, and was very nice to have for cold water and leftovers.

Okmulgee is not a large area, but if you were looking for a hotel directly across from the Muscogee Creek Nation headquarters, this is the hotel for you. We are tribal members, but did not have an opportunity to go over and visit.

In short, the room was uncomfortable enough that we left one day early, so only had to sleep there 2 nights. Things they could fix to make the room more user friendly? 1) Get decent mattresses on true queen sized beds; and 2) reconfigure the type furniture and arrangement of said furniture in room to maximize space instead of just filling it up.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with more than three people, you're going to want to book extra rooms inste...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Oak Grove, AR
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

Motel was ok, but brown recluse spiders were in the rooms!!!
One colleage killed one in his room and another colleage killed two in her room and had to request a different room. Which the motel staff eagerly accomadated.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Okmulgee, responded to this review, August 11, 2012
Dear 249clt249,

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Okmulgee as your hotel preference. I am pleased that you found our hotel to your liking. I am sorry for the inconvenience you encountered in your room. I am glad that our staff were attentive to your concerns. It's always a pleasure to hear that our team members are doing the right thing. We greatly appreciate your feedback as this gives us the avenue to improve on our guest satisfaction.

Lera M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Okmulgee? Share your experiences!