“Must have been awesome in the 90's” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #50 of 140 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Concord, North Carolina
“Must have been awesome in the 90's”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Don't get me wrong, I stayed about 6 months in the Marriott Waterford and like the place and love the staff, however it is out of date. From the entrance to the rooms you can smell the 'old stinky money' that has habituated this place for the last 30-40 years. But that is also the problem. From the rooms that are sorely out of date to the issues with the TVs(HD issues plagued my stay over the months), to the Marriott carpet that welcomes you in the entrance, the place just seems tired. There is a bar and restaurant and the food gets the job done in a pinch.

The front desk and service people are awesome and truly made efforts to get to know my and my nuances.

Nutshell: There are not many options in the OKC area and the Waterford will definitely not be at the bottom of your choices. The pool is nice but there is no food or drink service available.

Room Tip: Ask for a Suite if you get a chance, they are much large rooms but with an awkward used of space.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Michael B, General Manager at Marriott Waterford, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear Guest,

As the new General Manager of the Marriott Waterford, many changes have occurred since your stay in June. We introduced new and exciting menus in our Restaurant, Room Service and our Pool Area. We in fact have food and drink service for the entire time the pool is open and have extra staff on the weekends totally dedicated to pool service. During the hot afternoons we take around complimentary popsicles and complimentary ice cold water (Adults seem to enjoy the popsicles more that the kids1?!?).

Your comment that "the front desk and service people are awesome" is truly rewarding especially due to your long-term stay as your home away from home.

Later this year we will be going through a full-scale renovation and conversion to the Marriott's Renaissance flag.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Hello! My boss is traveling on business. His connecting leg got canceled so he had to rent a car and drive 3 hours to his destination. Needless to say, when he finally got to his hotel the last thing I wanted him to do was deal with headache. Originally, the Marriott told me they were sold out. I didn't accept that as an answer so I was persistent and kept calling until they told me they had availability. I booked a king suite for my bosses first night and then for the remainder of his stay he was going to move the next morning to a king standard room. He was fine with that scenario, I was not. I called the hotel and expressed my frustrations with Odelia Perez. She was FANTASTIC! She was a great listener. She took my frustrations and find me solutions with the help of her superior, Randy Chilensky, Together they got me at a very affordable price a king room for my bosses entire stay. My boss didn't have to switch rooms!! It was outstanding customer service. It was a sincere pleasure to work with Odelia. I highly recommend this hotel even if it's just how awesome their staff is!!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Krissy R,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experience at our hotel. We appreciate that you gave us the highest ranking possible and especially your comment about recommending our hotel just based on having an "awesome staff."

As General Manager, it is extremely rewarding to hear that the staff, Odelia and Randy our Front Office Manager, worked to make the situation a turnaround in every respect. By the way, Odelia has recent been promoted to our Concierge Lounge to further her genuine "Hosting Brilliantly" Service.

I look forward to the possibility of meeting you during your next visit to our hotel.
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

The negative reviews on here overstate the Waterford's condition. It's not THAT shabby. But yes, it needs an update, compared with newer Marriott properties, and especially with other near luxury properties. Really, just shut it down and re-do it. This is too good a location for Marriott to waste. So many things are wrong, from the lack of towel bars and mirrors that can only be unfogged by wiping them off, to no bedside plugs for devices, to furniture from the '80s. On the plus side, it is fairly quiet, the bed is comfortable, and the views of OKC are beautiful. If you don't absolutely require the latest amenities, you're fine here for a night or two. The bonus is a nice residential neighborhood versus a busy street.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about our hotel and our services. We appreciate your loyalty and the positive attributes of your experiences. Yes, we are due for a renovation and pleased to inform you that we are preparing for a full-scale renovation of all of our facilities later this year and proud to inform you that we are upgrading to the Marriott's Renaissance flag.

During your next visit to our hotel, please ask the front desk to introduce me to you. I look forward to meeting you.
Tulsa, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

We just finished spending a wedding weekend at this hotel and it was completely a failure on all levels....rooms weren't ready at check-in time of 3:00pm....towels were thread bare, room smelled like mildew, our adult childrens' suites needed workable sofa beds because they each have 2 children and the beds were broken, one couples bed linens smelled like perfume but it was 10:30pm before they got into bed so they didn't bother calling for a linen change (they suspect their linens were not changed from the prior room occupant's use...we arrived at 2:00pm and went to the restaurant to grab a bite to eat and we're told they weren't really open...so the bar/grille was pretty much rarely open until evening ...and for all of this poor condition we had the great privilege of paying $210/night....not even close to typical Marriott standards....

Room Tip: wouldn't know a good room in this place.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Randy C, Front Office Manager at Marriott Waterford, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Debby,

Thank you for taking the time to provide valuable feedback for consideration by our hotel team, and I genuinely apologize that your experience was not up to the standard we aim for here at the Waterford. We are anticipating significant renovations over the next several months and I believe that the majority of your concerns will be addressed during this time, including your concerns about service.

Thank you again, and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you better in the future!

Clearwater, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

This hotel is very close to the part of town where I was doing business. Typical Marriott staff; do anything for you. Ladies in the concierge floor, same sweet people. Hotel isn't perfect, could use updating but staff, service keep it in the "very good" category. Bonus: the concierge has a big jar of "red hots" my childhood favorite. The sweet ladies working all looked the other way while I filled a "to-go" cup. See you next trip to OKC!

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony room.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Jim,

Thank you so much for taking the time to let others know about the great staff experience to be expected here at the Waterford. We hope our upcoming renovations will help boost your measure of our hotel up to the "Excellent" category!

Houston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

At first glance, this hotel looks nice and the staff is very friendly. But there are so many recurring problems that could be fixed. I've stayed there numerous times, and my husband is there each week on business. The TVs have been acting up for a year, not always coming on or starting with just a snowy screen. It takes 2 or 3 tries to get them on. The sham covers are those nice white cotton covers, but not always clean....I took 2 dirty ones off and placed In a pile for housekeeping when I first checked in. The next day, the same black smears were placed back on the pillows. This morning, there was no water for a few hours.

On a nice note, Pam, who fixes breakfast on the concierge level is wonderful! She keeps the room clean, stocked and the breakfast is great. The afternoon lady (sorry I can't remember name) is also great. The Marriott, however, charges for all alcohol drinks on the concierge level with not even a happy hour time of free drinks. I've traveled a lot and usually find that concierge level has a free happy hour with regards to alcoholic beverages.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valuable comments regarding your stay with us. Although we will start an extensive renovation later this year, many of the issues you wrote about are unacceptable from our own high operating standards as the Marriott Waterford. Please give me the opportunity to personally handle a follow-up to your stay. My telephone number is 405-848-4782 ext. 2431.

P.S. We will also upgrading our hotel to a Marriott Renaissance after the renovation.
Tulsa, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

This once fine hotel needs major updating. Interior of room looked as it likely did when hotel opened in late 80s. Hardly what you'd expect from Marriott. Location is convenient for NW OKC activities, weddings, etc. I've stayed here some 40 times over the years, but gonna have to draw a line and say no more until rooms renovated.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Randy C, Front Office Manager at Marriott Waterford, responded to this review, June 14, 2014
Trevor,

Thank you for your feedback. I am happy to report that renovations are under way soon, and I anticipate that you will be pleased with the updates. We hope to have you with us again soon!

Randy

Been to Marriott Waterford? Share your experiences!