“Unique, lovely hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #37 of 144 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Unique, lovely hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My husband and I stayed here on a combination business-pleasure trip. This lovely boutique style hotel is set in a nice part of Oklahoma City, off the street & tucked in among trees and an attractive office park. Although we were there in February, you could tell that the outdoor terrace and the grounds surrounding the larger-than- average swimming pool will be beautiful in just a few weeks when all is green. We had access to the concierge level, where the food was good Marriott quality and the morning attendant especially was so friendly and attentive. Loved the Starbucks coffee dispenser! Our fourth floor room was in quite good condition--tub surround was travertine and the sink counter was granite. Linens and furniture stylish and new appearing. Flat screen TV. Very clean (and I'm picky). Easy access to Penn Square Area, and when we went downtown/Bricktown that was easy, too.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Okla
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

I had read some of the negative comments listed below and was on guard for it all, but found our room was very clean all throughout.... Very friendly personnel at front desk! Only complaint is how warm it got during the night time... Had to throw off duvet and we had the temp turned way... Way Down... But think hotels somehow have control to override temps during sleeping time! BUT NO HOTEL WILL NEVER CONFESS TO THAT THOUGH....

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Scott M, General Manager at Marriott Waterford, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear Minnie2220,

Thank you for choosing the Waterford Marriott! It was nice to hear that you had such a great stay as our staff remains focused on providing a high level of service to each of our guests. I will be sure to pass on your compliments to my front desk team as I know they will be excited that you appreciated their service. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

We booked the Waterford because we were familiar with the hotel and the good location. Our hotel room was very quiet just as we requested. Our room was so comfortable and quiet. Perfect for relaxing. The hair dryer just about burnt up. So we called to report thinking that they would run a plug in to the room for the time being. But maintenance man came and installed one in about 10 minutes. The new dryer worked just fine. When I ask for a few extra bottles of conditioner...no problem. We loved the water and cookies at check in at the front desk and the Starbucks coffee in the morning at the front desk. When we ate breakfast in the restaurant at the buffet we had a very accommodating staff. From the waiters and waitresses to the omelet chef. Everyone was so nice. The food was good as well. I loved my made to order omelet and the fresh fruit and orange juice were delightful. We also went downstairs and used the workout facility and hot tub. That was great too. I guess the only complaint that we would have was that the lobby and the bar were pretty cold and brezzy. The hotel is beginning to show its age just a little. But the staff makes up for it. We would totally stay here again.

Room Tip: Talk to the staff
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Scott M, General Manager at Marriott Waterford, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear Deana M,

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed a relaxing weekend at the Waterford Marriott and that you continue to stay with us while visiting the Oklahoma City area. Our staff works hard to provide the highest level of service to our guests and I know they will be excited about the compliments you shared. While we like to provide a perfect stay every time, I am glad my staff was able to repair your hair dryer and provide the extra conditioner in such a timely manner. We are also in the process of planning upgrades to our hotel, but it is always nice to hear that our staff really makes the guests stay. Thank you again for staying with us and I look forward to seeing you again soon!
OKC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

This was the first modern day luxury hotel in northwest okc., opened somehwere back in the late 80;s, along with a office bldg complex, and high end condos. Charilie Givens interests made it all possible to have a california style complex for the first time in OKC>

Later on the hotel sold to THe Marriott, but still retains some it's special things .
The restaurant is fantastic, and the bar has been a meeting place for decades.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Brian K,

Thank you for your nice compliments regarding the Waterford Marriott. It is nice to hear that we have been able to retain some of the qualities that make our hotel so unique over the years and you have my commitment to carry on the tradition of quality that was established with the original Waterford hotel. I hope we see you again soon!
Stokesley, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I have been using this hotel for a number of years and it has been a favourite of mine. Alas the time has come to spruce up the rooms and the public areas a wee bit.

As normal, the staff and the service are second to none, it's now time the owners spent a few bob to give them the perfect platform to shine.

Room Tip: When going to the bar for a cocktail, take a warm coat, they love to have the AC on full blast.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear John R,

Thank you for remaining a loyal Waterford Marriott guest and for the nice comments you shared regarding our staff. We appreciate your business and will continue to work diligently towards providing the highest level of service to our guests. I am excited to inform you that we are currently planning upgrades to our hotel so please consider us once again on your next trip to the Oklahoma City area. Thank you again for staying with us at the Waterford Marriott!
Tulsa, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for just one evening. It's located just south of Nichols Hills, so it's decently close to good dining options, shopping, etc. The parking is free, and we were always able to find a spot in back. If we had not been able to find one, we had access to a parking garage about a block away. The front desk staff were very attentive and got us checked in quickly. The room was furnished as all similar hotels appear to be furnished - desk, flat screen, queen bed, two chairs. Fairly rooming and appeared clean except for the bathtub and surround, which was covered with soap scum. I realize soap scum is just soap, but it makes me wonder what else is there that I can't see and icks me out a bit. We called down and asked for more coffee and cream and got just coffee. Had to call down the next morning and once again ask for cream, and a very friendly young man brought us a small mixing bowl of cream. We didn't eat in the restaurant or go to the bar, but from the sounds of the bar it's quite a fun place. All of the staff we dealt with during our staff were formal but friendly. Overall, it's an average stay but nothing special for this price range.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Scottsdale, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Like the guest in December, I pulled the sheets back on the bed and found a nasty stain on the sheets. After a 30 minute wait the sheets were changed. I have to say the situation was handled appropriately by the management. But, it sure seems to be a disturbing trend. I also agree the property is showing significant wear and tear, time for a face lift. There are nicer alternatives in Oklahoma City.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear hamlet625,

Please accept my sincere apology for the cleanliness of your bed linen during your recent stay at the Waterford Marriott. We understand the importance of providing a clean, comfortable product for our guests and we will use your feedback to help us improve our service in this area. While I appreciate your compliments on how this issue was resolved, it is our goal to ensure this situation is not repeated. We are also in the process of planning upgrades to our hotel so I would like to invite you back as a return guest so that we can share with you the improvements we have put in place. Thank you again for your feedback and I look forward to your return visit.

Been to Marriott Waterford? Share your experiences!