“Wonderful staff and lovely hotel!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$25 Daily Credit
Ranked #38 of 144 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
“Wonderful staff and lovely hotel!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

We had my sister's wedding here recently, and though I've been to the hotel before for business functions as well as political events, this was my first time staying overnight at the hotel. My experience was absolutely great. Working with the hotel for the wedding was so easy, and the staff made the hotel stay so nice.

First of all, I'd like to say that Sarah Thompson, the wedding coordinator that worked with us, was absolutely awesome. She was so nice, and easy to work with and made us feel very special. Working with her alone made my experience with this hotel great. The overall coordination of the wedding was wonderful and the food at the reception was soo good. We received many compliments from our guests. Also, it's important to note how pretty the hotel was. The wedding ceremony and reception were staged in the Veranda and the room was a beautiful backdrop in the pictures that were taken. I would suggest this location to anyone looking for a hotel to host their wedding.

The rooms were very nice for the price point, as well as for being coined a 'standard' room. They were big and the beds were extremely comfortable. I live in Oklahoma and would stay here again just as a place to get away for the weekend.

All of the staff were very nice and helpful. My family, along with the guest of the wedding had nothing but nice things to say. I definitely will consider this place the next time I have to stay in OKC.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Scott M, General Manager at Marriott Waterford, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Dear MrsWright2008,

Congratulations to your sister and her new husband and thank you for choosing the Waterford Marriott as host for this special event. We are happy to hear that your family enjoyed their experience and that Sarah took care of your every need. She is an amazing wedding planner and I know she will be happy to hear that she impacted your experience in such a positive way. On behalf of each of the associates at the Waterford Marriott, I would like to thank you again for the opportunity to host your sister's wedding and I look forward to seeing you during a future weekend getaway.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Des Moines, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The view from 8th floor of the city was very pleasant (nice big windows). The customer service of staff was excellent (front desk & wait staff). This is an older, traditional hotel that has been cared for & is in a nice area. There is a fitness club & hot tub in basement & outdoor pool. A few improvements to make it a 5 star: bathroom tiles could use updating, no mini fridge in rooms, & tile by hot tub could use a good scrub. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012
Dear 1JFK,

Thank you for the nice compliments regarding our staff and hotel accommodations. As a boutique hotel, we strive to provide exceptional service to each of our guests and it is especially rewarding to hear that we had such a positive impact on your stay. The view of downtown from our hotel is amazing and I am happy to hear that you were able to enjoy our full service fitness club. I would highly recommend a relaxing massage on your next visit so that we can really pamper you. Thank you again for staying at the Waterford Marriott and we hope to see you again soon!
Tulsa, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I've stayed at the Waterford a zillion times over the last 20 years. It's a nice place, although not perfect. I've gone through several times where I've stayed elsewhere and I don't stay here consistently. I'm a frequent traveler, so I guess some of the little things bug me? So before I say much, the Waterford is a nice place with friendly staff and the rooms are nothing to complain about. However, I'll eat in the restaurant about once every couple years because I'm meeting someone there as it is far below what you'd find in most Marriotts - kinda pitful. It's expensive and although nice, not that nice - I'd rather stay in a remodeled Courtyard. The place is old and although there has been efforts to keep it up, I guess I figure they could do more considering what they are charging for room. On the positive side, I always get upgraded to a sweet or the top floor when I come - which is nice. And all the staff are super nice - no complaints there. So, not bad for the area, but expensive.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Dan1718,

Thank you for your continued loyalty to the Waterford Marriott. We know that you have many choices when you stay in Oklahoma City and we appreciate the fact that you have stayed with us so often over the past few years. We strive to provide a high level of service to our guests and you have my commitment to address your concerns regarding our hotel as we plan for future improvements. If I can assist you with any future travel, please feel free to contact me at smelchior@waterfordokc.com. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon!
Norman, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

My family made reservations in May for the Sept. wedding. The hotel couldn't guarantee 2 double beds but told us to ask for that the closer it got to the wedding. The block prices set up by the bride-to-be were reasonable. My family ultimately got the # of beds they needed. Rollaways were available. All staff, i.e. front desk, maid service,waiters, & wedding coordinator were friendly and competent. We had the rehearsal dinner on the Veranda Terrace for 38 people. The food we chose was excellent by all accounts. We had an impromptu group breakfast the morning after the wedding. They set up tables to accommodate us. If you are having a wedding in this area of OKC, explore what the Waterford can provide!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Scott M, General Manager at Marriott Waterford, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Dear Mary Alice M,

We are so excited to hear that you enjoyed your wedding weekend at the Waterford Marriott. It was nice to hear that you felt our staff was so nice and we were especially happy to have you and your family join us for breakfast the morning after the special day. We appreciate your recommendation of our hotel and hope to see you on your next visit to the Oklahoma City area.
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

Even at a reduced prepaid rate, this hotel is overpriced. If you're looking for an exciting locale, don't stay here. It's located in a business district far from fun venues, bars or restaurants. The bar was typical of an airport. The restaurant food is boring and lacks variety. The hotel decor looks stale. It has the typical uninteresting style of a corporate designer. Stayed on the 8th floor near the constant elevator noise of motors and gears. The A/C control was useless. It looks new but does little to keep the temperature at your setting. The restaurant staff was friendly. The bar staff had the "don't bother me, I hate this job" attitude. The hotel staff was friendly and polite.

• Stayed September 2012
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Quaint hotel, friendly staff, yummy breakfast (especially in Concierge on the 9th floor). I loved that we had a balcony (small Juliette balcony) off of our room. It's a very charming hotel, however it could use some updating in the bathroom area. I was there for business, but would rather stay there for a romantic getaway. Comfy beds, and from our room we got to see a beautiful sunset every night. My one small complaint, and this might be picky, but the vent in our bathroom was disgusting, it was completely filthy, so that was a bummer, but then again, I got a sunset

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Tulsa, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

We stayed at the Marriott Waterford for a repeat stay this weekend celebrating an anniversary. While it is getting a bit old, it is well maintained, in a convenient location, and has very nice staff. In our room, we could hear the elevator motor every single time it kicked in, but we turned the A/C fan up to high and drowned it out. Other than that, the room was lovely, the chocolate covered strawberries and champagne nice, and the buffet breakfast very nice. Bring an overcoat in summer! The common area rooms are ICE COLD, making eating a bit uncomfortable, but if you like to be cold, this is the place for you! We will stay there again.

Room Tip: Try to get a LONG way from the elevators. We were three rooms down and the elevator motor noise was...