“Low end of average” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Tower Hotel Oklahoma City

You added Tower Hotel Oklahoma City to your Saves list
Tower Hotel Oklahoma City
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3233 Northwest Expressway, Oklahoma City, OK 73112 (Formerly Oklahoma City Marriott)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #65 of 144 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Altus, OK
“Low end of average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I got a deal with Hotwire and was given this hotel with no option to get a refund. I was fine with that with what I paid for the room but I would never pay retail for this hotel. The bathroom was out dated, there was silicone hanging from the drop ceiling with very little lighting, and mold in the shower. The room itself was ok and satisfactory in the cleanliness department. The bed was comfortable but this hotel screams old and average. Do not pay full price as I'm sure there will always be a way to get a room here for nearly half of the asking price.

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Fayetteville, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The hotel wasn't busy, but we had a lovely room with a comfortable bed and nice bath. The price was great. We could not have been more pleased with this hotel. It was clean, the staff was helpful and the stay suited our purposes perfectly. We would definitely stay here again. It is also in an excellent location for shopping and good dining.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
General M, General Manager at Tower Hotel Oklahoma City, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for staying with us at The Tower Hotel. I appreciate you choosing us on your trip to Santa Fe, we are on the way to the west. I appreciate your kind words about our service and our staff. I am glad that you were able to enjoy the surrounding shopping and dining options. I am hoping that you will give our restaurant a try next time you stay with us as you are traveling, we are currently upgrading our offerings on the menus.

Again thanks for staying with us, we look forward to seeing you again as you travel to and from the "Land of Enchantment".
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We chose to stay here because of the indoor heated pool and the hot tub. The hot tub had been removed or was covered up and was not availabe for use. The pool however was very big and heated indoor. has a divider that opens up in the summer and im sure is great in the summertime. Rooms were fine, no complaints. We had a room at the end of the hallway so I think it was smaller than the average rooms. It has probably one of the biggest swiming pools in Oklahoma City. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: Our room at the end of the hall was below average in size, so I would avoid these rooms if possible.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at The Tower Hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed the pool while you were here, swimming is fun and can be even more fun when the pool is warm and comfortable. My apologies for the hot tub operating status, we are in a transition period in relation to the hot tub and it will not be available. The room although comfortable does have a different "foot print", each one of them with a unique view of Oklahoma City.

Please if I may assist in the future, do not hesitate.

Thanks,
Mesa, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The price was there, the room was clean, folks at the front desk were nice... but there really could be some love and elbow grease put into the property. Little things like refinishing the floors in the elevators... and going ahead and getting the covered up marriott sign off the building. I understand the parting of ways happened fairly recently, but it's fairly simple things that would make this property really shine. Also, that whole thing with the selecting a wifi option was a bit confusing and seemed unnecessary. In a day and age when less expensive, chain hotels and motels can offer this completely for free that seems... antiquated at best.

Room Tip: Ask for a city view, looking over downtown Oklahoma City.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Grayson M,

Thanks for staying with us at The Tower Hotel. I appreciate you sharing your comments about your recent stay. I apologize for the perception that you were left with on the items that were not allowing our property to shine. I have visited with the team about your feedback and believe that you will see a noted difference in some things on your return. As far as the signage that is covered right now on the property, our desire is to be able to remove the cover and enjoy the flag.
We have implemented some aggressive steps in some TLC for the property and know that you will notice the impact.

Again, thank you for staying with us.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Booked this hotel because of a business conference. The hotel is definitely seen better days, the room looked superficially nice but the bathroom was not as clean as I prefer. The hotel lost it's contract with Merriott and all the vending machines were empty. Anywho I would not recommend this hotel unless they did a complete overhaul

Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
General M, General Manager at Tower Hotel Oklahoma City, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you shonann for staying with us during your conference and for providing us some feedback. I regret that your perception regarding our brand affiliation appears to be something that we lost, as opposed to something we chose to do. We have a lot of options for our leisure guests, groups like yours, and preferred local business that we didn't have before. I will definitely investigate the vending machines, thank you for bringing that to our attention.

Thank you again for the comments. We hope to see you back during next year's conference.
Manhattan, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2014

Stayed a couple of nights with my wife for a weekend getaway. It was nice to be in a different area of the city. The hotel was clean, but in desperate need of updating. The bed was very comfortable. We had a nice view of the lake from our balcony. It would have been nice to have a couple of chairs to sit at outside. Breakfast was cold, the cook was loud, and the food was only decent. We were fortunate to score some free passes. It definitely wasn't worth $15+ per person. If you are looking for a bargain, this place is it. If you are looking for a nice place, keep looking.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor room with a view of the lake.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
General M, General Manager at Tower Hotel Oklahoma City, responded to this review, November 6, 2014
Thank you Tony B for staying with us and for some feedback about your stay. I am so sorry to hear about your breakfast experience. I will review this with my team so we can make corrections where needed. If you could email me directly at josh.morey@towerhotelokc.com any specific issues not addressed on Tripadvisor I would be grateful. Thank you again for the comments and for staying with us recently.
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2014

From the outside, this isn't a sparkling brand new hotel. It obviously needs a little renewal to the exterior. However, inside, everything was perfect. The customer service provided at check-in was fast, efficient and friendly. The room was extra clean and the room had a nice view of OKC. Bed was comfortable with lots of pillows and the TV had a nice selection of channels, including many that aren't normally offered in most hotels like NBA and NHL networks. Room included a desk and chair and an extra chair for relaxing while watching TV. The parking lot had plenty of free parking available for guests. The elevators were always available and never had a long wait. As a bonus, the hotel was right next door to a 7-11. Would stay here again without a doubt.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you Brian D for the review and for staying with us. I'll make sure to let our front desk team know about the kind words you mentioned about service. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Been to Tower Hotel Oklahoma City? Share your experiences!