“Friendly Staff” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #69 of 140 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Okc
“Friendly Staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

I stayed two nights at this Location and have stayed many times before. There has definitely been a change in service and cleanliness around this Hotel.
The staff seems to be more attentive, the food is great and the atmosphere at the Bar
seems much more in line with what I would expect from a Sheraton.
I hope it continues to improve.

• Stayed June 2014
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Sheraton Oklahoma City Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear AmyAnge,

Our associates understand and believe that our valued guests deserve an exceptional stay and we will continue to push daily to find new ways to WOW our guests. I will be sure to share your very nice comments with our team; they work hard to ensure guests feel at home. I appreciate you taking the time to write a review and we hope to see you again.

Best,
Gregg Pearson, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

I booked a room at this hotel at the last minute. The front desk was wonderful to find me a room after hearing my situation with another hotel that I'd booked and had trouble with. The rooms were very comfortable and they were very understanding about my late check out due to a 3 hour race delay. The location is great for walking around. And they will valet your car if you have a rental. I would stay there again and again. This hotel is probably one of my favorite hotels now. Way to go and 2 big thumbs up on customer service as well!

Room Tip: Any of the rooms would be a good choice.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for sharing your kind review with us and other travelers. It’s nice to know you enjoyed our comfortable rooms and convenient location. I’m glad you found our staff accommodating. It’s encouraging to hear that our hard work is affecting the guest experience. I look forward to sharing your kind comments with our team! Thank you taking the time to write.

Best,
Fort Worth
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Well I have stayed at this property many many times. I travel for work a lot and for pleasure. The staff is wonderful and the rooms are cozy. However!!!! Now the problems. My room 935 had black mold growing on the ceiling. Yucky. Also the air seemed to be having trouble. The walls in this hotel seem to need better insulation.very loud at night with drunks etc. I did report to the front desk they took off valet for two nights, and gave me some Starwood points. Room should have been comped too. Iam allergic to black mold and have asthma! I just want them to keep up proper maintenance at their property. Really! no excuses the mold was big had time to grow.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Sheraton Oklahoma City Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write. I appreciate you acknowledging our cozy rooms and wonderful staff. I apologize that the cleanliness of your room was not up to the standards our guest have come to expect. I will be sure to discuss this review with our housekeeping staff and heighten our awareness of such issues. We value you as our guest, and hope to have you stay with us again. Thanks again for writing a review.

Owasso
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

The service from being initially greeted was phenomenal. Thomas was great at the concierge desk. He helped us find our way through Bricktown. Great directions and suggestions for places to try. The beds were so comfy!! Loved it. Every staff member was superb, from the lounge, to the front desk, to the coffee bar that "proudly serves Starbucks".
Thank you for making a girls weekend such a great experience.

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor which gave us a nice view. I enjoyed looking at the other tall buildings d...
Green Features: Bottled water was offered and there was a recycling basket right in the room. Also, you could decline housekeeping and get a $5 voucher (details in the room). Great ideas.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Sheraton Oklahoma City Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
KelleOwasso,

We appreciate your kind comments and taking the time to share your experience. We’re very fortunate to have such a great team and it was our pleasure to host you and your friends for your girls weekend. Thanks especially for mentioning Thomas, he was thrilled and extends his personal thanks as well.

Take care,

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

I stayed at your hotel early May on business. I had an issue with the air conditioner and one of their engineers named Michael came and fixed it within seconds. He was extremely knowledgeable, extremely friendly and even asked how my stay was. I've never had the engineering department care about me as a customer the way he did. You should be proud of this individual. Je is a great asset to your company and I will definitely recommend this hotel and Michael to all my associates and family. Please a knowledge this employee for his great works. And room service was fantastic as well. Terrell took good care of my needs as well.

• Stayed May 2014
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Sheraton Oklahoma City Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
wilsongary,
Thank you for taking the time to recognize the excellent service delivered by our staff at Sheraton Oklahoma City. Michael and Terrell strive to exceed guest expectations and they will both be thrilled to know their efforts had such a positive impact on your stay. I will be certain to acknowledge both with special commendations. We're pleased to have had you as our guest and we hope to extend our hospitality again soon. Thank you once again for writing.

texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

i had the chance to come into OKC for a quick visit. stayed at the sheraton due to its affiliation with one of our groups.

called early and make reservations. the staff was very courteous considering that the schedule was crazy with the Thunder making it into the playoffs. the venue for the Thunder is right next door.

once we got there, again, the staff was very nice and accommodating. they checked us in and made sure everything was proper and nice. the rooms themselves were nice. the bathrooms are somewhat dated. i ve had that complaint before but i do not think anyone is listening. the beds are extremely soft. the sleep was nice.

as for the location, in downtown, there are now a few really nice venues and bars. also it is within walking distance of Bricktown so even more things to see. Bricktown is also a very nice place to walk around the day if it is not too hot.

all in all a very good stay. more important a very consistent stay.

i would definitely recommend.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Sheraton Oklahoma City Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
shark4rk,
Thank you for choosing the Sheraton on your recent visit to OKC. We appreciate your recommendations of our hotel and feedback from your stay. We're glad you found the level of comfort and service you experienced to meet your expectations. We hope to welcome you back again in the future. Thank you again for your review.

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

In town for a conference and stayed 2 nights. The parking garage is closed, and valet parking is crazy busy. They reduced the valet fees for the conference guest, which was a plus. Getting in to and out of the hotel with all the traffic and redirects is a bit of a problem. The room I had wasn't so great, the amenities (no free wifi or breakfast) left a little to be desired. The conference area was also too small for the number of people at the conference. It was very crowded and I felt "herded" into different rooms and venues. NOT the same hotel I stayed at a year ago.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Sheraton Oklahoma City Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, May 25, 2014
SoonerMom3,
We appreciate your review and apologize for the areas we fell short of meeting your expectations. We hope you'll give us another opportunity to provide the rewarding stay that you deserve and have come to expect from our hotel. Thank you again for your feedback.

Gregg Pearson, General Manager

Been to Sheraton Oklahoma City Downtown Hotel? Share your experiences!