“An update is probably in order, but still a good hotel.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #69 of 144 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Waco, Texas
“An update is probably in order, but still a good hotel.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

1st of all, the location and service were excellent. Bricktown, the myriad gardens, and the athletic stadiums/areanas are close by. The valet warmly greeted us and was very helpful when we needed a cab or dining ideas. The hotel itself does show its age, but all of the common areas were tidy. Our room was comfortable and well appointed, and it was clean and looked ok, except for a few black stains on the carpet, and a few old water rings on the tables. My wife also lamented the lack of a full-length mirror. I did not like the fact that you not only had to pay for parking (as expected in a downtown urban hotel) but you had to pay for a pass to come and go in your car as well. This may be common in many hotels, but it seemed a bit odd and unnecessary to me.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Sheraton Oklahoma City Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
treyjewels,

Thank you for your review. We’re glad you chose to stay with us at Sheraton and found your room to be comfortable and well appointed. I hope you were able to visit Bricktown and experience all that it has to offer. We hope you will come and stay with us again soon.

Safe travels,
Matthew Cowden

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

was in OKC for a quick meeting and stayed at the sheraton. was checked in quickly and on my way. the beds were soft as always and the room was clean and nice. had a chance to go to the gym. again very clean and nice. woke up and had another meeting and checked out without any fanfare. i did hear that at night it was crowded but it did not seem to affect me. overall, a nice comfortable good stay at a good property. thanks.

shark4rk,

We’re very pleased to hear of your nice stay with us at Sheraton and appreciate you writing a review. I’m glad you found your room to be clean and comfortable, and glad you were able to get in a work out in our fitness center during your stay. We hope your travels bring you back to Oklahoma City again and you’ll stay with us for another excellent visit.

Best regards,
Tahlequah, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

I was really happy with this Sheraton. It felt like everyone was honestly interested in our well being. All staff were pleasant and very helpful. They were smiling and conversed with us easily. The cleaning staff was thorough and they seemed to care about the quality of work they provided. This hotel is only a block or so to Bricktown with all the great restaurants and nice entertainment with some live music and clubs. I wasn't with my children this time but was there on business and the hotel provided access to computer and work stations that were spacious and comfortable. The breakfast buffet was extremely nice with cooked to order foods including omelettes. I will use this hotel again. It really was clean and I did not find any flaws to speak of.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Sheraton Oklahoma City Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Spedcoach,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us at Sheraton. We’re pleased to hear of your pleasant stay with us and appreciation for our wonderful staff. I’m glad you liked our breakfast buffet and computer workstations as well. We hope you will have an opportunity to stay with us again. Next time, bring the kids.

Thanks again,
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

The location is perfect as it is only about 2 blocks from the restaurants and shops of Bricktown. We arrived around 4:30pm on a Saturday. We were offered valet parking or self park and chose to self-park. We found the lobby and our room nice as far as being clean and in good repair. The bed was very comfortable. We stayed on the 5th floor

It is my impression that this hotel has the misfortune of attracting guests who book it as a place to crash after a night of drunken revelry in Bricktown (at least this seems to be the case on the weekend night we stayed.) We were awake after "closing time" in Bricktown and saw & heard many extremely drunk young people wandering the hotel. The night employees seemed like they had a lot to deal with (including a drunken young man who was harassing some college age girls in the lobby. We saw him passed out later laying in the middle of a hallway). I certainly didn't envy the employees as they tried to deal with guest complaints as well as tactfully corral the drunken guests causing the problems. They seem to have a 24 hour security crew to deal with problem guests and I never felt unsafe. Even though there were some problems with the stay, I will probably stay there again as the location is excellent, the room was very clean and comfortable, and I am not one to be easily disturbed by late night partiers.

Room Tip: get a room as far from the elevators as you can get if you want a good night's sleep on the wee...
well-heeled580,

Thank you for taking a moment and writing a review about our hotel. We’re glad you stayed with us and enjoyed our facility as well as Bricktown. I understand your comments about unruly guests and appreciate you recognizing how our staff handles such situations. We are located in a lively area so sometimes these things happen. With that said, we highly respect our guests who want an uninterrupted evening so we rely on our security staff to thwart off prospective disrupters. Our team will review your comments together and re-enforce any measures that may need improved. We kindly ask that you will come and stay with us again the next time you visit Oklahoma City.

Kind regards,
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

Checked in at1030pm. From the moment we stepped in I knew we were going to get horrible service. There was no valet parking. We went to valet desk, never greeted, never given a cart. Valet people said no valet and no spot to park our car either. I asked the front desk about hotel parking spot and she didn't have no clue either. We had to park at public parking garage. Went to the bar, it took forever to get served. Asked about breakfast, hotel people had no idea about breakfast service. The most HORRIBLE customer service I've had in a really long time.

Room Tip: I'd go across the street to check in at a different hotel next time I'm in Oklahoma City.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Sheraton Oklahoma City Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Aap K,

We greatly appreciate you choosing Sheraton as your place to stay while visiting Oklahoma City. It is with much regret that I hear of your discontent about our staff as I hope for all of our valued guests to receive the highest caliber of service a hotel can offer. I can assure you that our team is trained to be informative as well as helpful to our guests so I cannot explain why your stay was any different. Please accept my full apology. I will review your comments with our valet and front desk staff. We hope to earn your business again and invite you back for a more positive experience.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

The hotel is located within walking distance to Bricktown. That's the reason I chose it. The hotel itself is just average. I arrived around 3:00pm and my room wasn't quite ready yet. Not a big deal. I walked to the lounge and grabbed a drink and watched some college football. Maybe, it's the hotels way to get you to the lounge. HA! I checked 30 minutes later and my room was ready.
The room itself is fairly clean. The only thing I really noticed was the built up dust on the air conditioning vents. It looked like it hasn't been cleaned in quite awhile. The hotel does have valet parking, but I think it's a rip off. You can self park in the parking garage and save your money. I, however, chose to park on the street with the parking meters. It's free after 6:00pm and according to the front desk free during the weekend. If in the area I would possibly stay here again.

TheNick77,

Thank you for your review. We’re glad you chose to stay with us at Sheraton and found our hotel to be conveniently located for your retreat. I hope you enjoyed your time in Bricktown, and hope you were able to take in some of the events or attractions there. It’s a great place! Please do come and stay with us again the next time your adventures bring you to Oklahoma City.

Kind regards,
Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed here one night on our way back home from Dallas. It is within walking distance of Bricktown, and very easy to get to from the highway. The staff are very friendly and we especially enjoyed our drinks at the bar that night! The decor is a little dated and the TV didn't work that great, but other than that it was a great stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Sheraton Oklahoma City Downtown Hotel? Share your experiences!