“Great Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #69 of 144 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Hartford, Connecticut
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

The hotel was nice and the staff was friendly and courteous. The great thing is the cafe and restaurants are open late. I worked out in the gym and swam in the pool and both were very nice. It's about a 10 minute walk to Bricktown. The area surrounding the hotel seems very safe.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Sheraton Oklahoma City Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Dear CVHALL92,
Thank you for the excellent review on TripAdvisor! I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and took advantage of the pool and restaurant during your stay. I will be sharing your comments with the staff. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Matthew Cowden

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Las Vegas, Nevada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

This hotel was booked by my company for a conference and when I saw the $179 a night price tag I thought I was in for a decently swanky stay. However, I feel I could have stayed at a MUCH cheaper hotel for a similar experience.

Pros:
Comfortable bed
Starbucks coffee maker and free bottled water in room
Good location, near Bricktown and tourist spots
Decent-tasting room service meals
Mostly friendly staff

Cons:
Biggest
complaint, overall housekeeping. There was an old used bottle of water in my room upon arrival and it was still there when I checked out three nights later. I wasn't touching it. There was what looked suspiciously like a blood stain under the pillowcases on one of the beds so I made sure to use the other. Black body hairs (not mine) in the bathroom upon arrival and never swept up. People's room service trays sitting out in the hallway while housekeeping was on that floor that never got touched. Not their job to keep the hallways clean maybe? I just expect basic cleanliness from a hotel of this price, and a clean room where I'm not grossed out to touch stuff!
Hotel needs renovations. The elevators were kind of creaky, the walls paper thin and I could hear people walking around in the room above me, the carpet is old and very filthy, looks bad, toilet in my room was rusted and had problems where it kept running, etc.

So again, not a horrible place to stay, I felt basically safe and was able to rest in the privacy of my own room. But it needs some major improvements to be worth the cost!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
, Manager at Sheraton Oklahoma City Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Dear AD,
Thank you for taking the time to write a response on TripAdvisor. Your comments regarding the location, friendly service and our comfortable beds are greatly appreciated. I apologize for the housekeeping service you experienced. Our goal is to strive for perfection with each and every guest, in your case we fell short. I appreciate your business and your suggestions will be looked into immediately. If there is anything I can do for you please do not hesitate to contact me.

Salt Lake City, Utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Let me begin by saying that I booked through a low bid on Priceline, so I wasn't expecting the best hotel ever, but the stay fell short of what I've experienced at Sheraton properties in the past.

Pros:
The location is central to almost everything in downtown OKC.

The rooms and public areas seem to have been tasefully renovated recently.

The staff were as helpful as possible in dealing with the difficulties we experienced.

Cons:
Check-in took longer than it should have, and given the number of people waiting, they probably could have forgone giving eveyone a lengthy pitch to join their preferred guest program.

At check-in, I was asked 'are you a light sleeper, or can I put you in a noisy room'

When we got to our room, the key (advertising a women's NCAA sporting event that had occured more than a year prior to our stay) wouldn't open the door. It took 30 minutes and three trips to the lobby while my tired family sat in the hallway on the 14th floor to finally get into our room.

The television didn't work well, stations didn't come in clearly, remote battery was dead and the sound only worked on a few channels.

She wasn't kidding about the noisy room, finally had to call the front desk and complain about the sound from the neighbors around midnight. Someone came up and knocked ontheir door, but even after they piped down, the was much noise from the hallway ans nearby stairwell all night long.

Room Tip: If asked, tell them you are a light sleeper....
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, Manager at Sheraton Oklahoma City Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Dear Relytj,

Thank you for expressing your comments on Trip Advisor regarding your most recent stay with us. I am happy to hear the location of the hotel worked out well for your trip to Oklahoma City and my staff provided excellent service. I do apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay; I will be investigating your comments with my staff immediately. Our goal is to provide outstanding service and build long lasting relationships with our guests. If there is anything I can do for you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Skiatook, Oklahoma, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

My family and I stated in this hotel about 3 hours. We packed up and left around 11am because sleeping wasn't going to be an option. The manager didn't even ask why we were leaving when I checked out. I assume the manager didn't care sine we used priceline. The hotel itself was ok the rooms where clean but the hallway carpet was in desperate need of replacement along with other items needing updating. Lots of things in this hotel were showing there age. The beds were ok but not at full price they were charging.

The issue was the ruckus people going through the halls from the moment we got there till we left. The pool wasn't much more than a kiddie pool. No snack machines available on our floor. I would not recommend staying here if sleep is a priority, as its proximity to partying and concerts is prime. If all you want is a place to use the bathroom and get ready for a night on the town I guess it would be ok. Just awful if you booked a 3-1/2 star hoping to have a nice place to spend the night before a busy day in OKC. We cut our trip short and drove home 2-1/2 hours to get some sleep.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere if you want peace and quite get away from Bricktown and all the party/concert goers.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, Manager at Sheraton Oklahoma City Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Blake H thank you for your review. I will be in touch with you shortly. Matt Cowden, General Manager
Conway, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

I thought the room was very nice with a huge white bed with 4 fluffy pillows on top. Pillows were perfect and the bed was awesome. Starbucks in lobby. Desk staff very friendly and manager on duty greeted us at night and the next day. Very nice stay

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
FlyMom10, we’re glad you enjoyed your stay and took the time to write a review and recommendation! We pride ourselves on great service and I’m pleased our staff displayed just that. We look forward to your next stay. Have a wonderful summer! Regards, Matthew Cowden
Amarillo, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

I recently stayed June 7-9 the hotel needs to be updated but is clean. The big problem is the staff seems to go thru your zipped suit case and take outfits out of your bag. Then when complaining to the Manager JC he states he will investigate the problem and give you a call back. Well a month later 3 phone calls, 2 emails Guess WHAT?? NO return phone call. This hotel has the worst customer service and who goes thru your bag? I have never had this happen from a hotel in my life! So beware and don't leave your items in your room they might be gone

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
, Manager at Sheraton Oklahoma City Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
ToyNDanny, thank you for taking the time to write a review. Customer care is very important to us, we will be reaching out to you directly.

Regards, Matthew Cowden, General Manager
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

Stayed in OKC in April 2012. Arrived late, check in and parking were no problem at all. Room was very well laid out, clean and had nice large windows that provided a great view the next morning. Room service was super fast and the desk space and wireless connection were awesome. I was able to get back to work fast after hours of travel time. Breakfast the next morning was awesome (on floor 15 I believe). Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Great location - higher up floors have an amazing view!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
, Manager at Sheraton Oklahoma City Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Thank you Wendy M for your review and recommendation! I’m thrilled you found out hotel accommodating, our room service timely and our WIFI perfect! We look forward to your next stay!

Warmest regards,

Matthew Cowden

Been to Sheraton Oklahoma City Downtown Hotel? Share your experiences!