“Perhaps the Worst employees of any hotel I have ever stayed in” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites Oklahoma City - Will Rogers World Airport

You added Embassy Suites Oklahoma City - Will Rogers World Airport to your Saves list
Embassy Suites Oklahoma City - Will Rogers World Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1815 South Meridian, Oklahoma City, OK 73108   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Advance Purchase
Ranked #23 of 144 Hotels in Oklahoma City
San Antonio, Texas
“Perhaps the Worst employees of any hotel I have ever stayed in”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

10-16-12
Let me predicate this review by saying you can check my copious other reviews, and you won't find any as vociferous as this. I was prepared to give this hotel a 3 or 4 based on being a very nicely updated property. Perhaps the following experience is an anomaly, but it is what it is.

All of your front desk employees ( 1 female, 2 males) were busy opining about the Presidential debate from the time I returned to the hotel at 815pm and continued until I couldn't take it anymore at 915pm. They should be working, not watching television, and they should be apolitical around your customers.

I retreated to the breakfast area to watch the debate and was castigated by the (small oriental female) who began YELLING at me in very broken English. I was able to glean she was very upset that I was walking on the floor she had just mopped, although there were no "area closed" signs displayed and there were clearly people in the area and televisions turned on.

I don't think I've ever experienced this kind of insolent attitude from any hotel employee in the past 20 years. If the management has a video system I hope they will view it to validate my claims. My recommendation is that you avoid this hotel at all costs, and I am a loyal Hilton Diamond (which was never recognized) Your money will be best spent at the Cambria Suites where I have stayed previously, or anywhere but this place. It's obvious there are serious issues at this hotel.

As an aside, the bathrooms are about the size of an apartment closet.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
yukon59, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites Oklahoma City - Will Rogers World Airport, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thank you for your recent review. It is unfortunate you didn't experience the true Oklahoma hospitality our guests normally enjoy from our employees. I agree it was unprofessional for our front desk employees to be discussing politics in front of hotel guests. You are absolutely correct in stating they should be working and not watching television. This has been addressed by the general manager to the guest services manager and the front office staff. I also wanted to comment about our staff person in the restaurant. I truly don't believe she was trying to yell at you as much as she was just raising her voice and getting excited. I don't think she was as worried about you stepping on her wet floor asmuch as you possibly falling on it. You mentioned in your review, your experience may have been an anomaly. I can guarantee you it was. We have many loyal hotel guests who have stayed with us for many years. They've tried out new places when they've opened, but continue to come back. Why? They say it is because of our staff. They feel like family because we treat them like family. It is our sincere hope you will try us again the next time business or pleasure brings you to Oklahoma City. With best regards, Debi Neumann, Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Casa Grande, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

I read the reviews and can agree only with the positive ones. Our room was cheerful, clean, modern, roomy, quiet, and comfortable. The bed was super comfortable and we slept like babies. Our pet was welcome also. The staff was friendly to a fault and the atmosphere was upscale without being too pricey. The location was good and felt safe. Breakfast was a great experience, with good food and plenty of it, and an attentive staff. I really like this hotel and hope to stay again some time.

Room Tip: We had a room on the ground floor and loved it, but I can't imagine a bad location unless it wou...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

We have stayed in a number of Embassy Suites in our travels but the employees made this stay exceptional! The hotel was recently remodeled and it was done well. Very contemporary and comfortable. I have to say that the highlight of the stay was the attention of the staff at breakfast, specifically Tony. He was courteous, kind and when was the last time that anyone came around to fill your coffee cup at breakfast at an Embassy Suites! He went above and beyond and made our stay all the more pleasant! Thank you for hiring such an exceptional employee.

Houston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Just stayed for one night this week, and it was the perfect place. I enjoy Embassy Suites since they are typically priced just slightly higher than Hamptons and give you much more room so you don't feel claustrophobic. Location is great with plenty of dining options, and of course there is happy hour with free drinks. Breakfast was a custom omelet which was delicious. Bed was very comfortable. I noticed others speaking about the light coming in from the hallway if you are in the front room - I did not sleep in the front room, but I can see how that might be an issue.

Overall I was very satisfied and would definitely choose to stay here again!

El Paso, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

I only stayed overnight, but I wish it could have been longer! Very clean, excellent layout, comfortable bed, nice amenities. The morning breakfast buffet was delicious - I really enjoyed my customized omelet. Not much of a view, but I ended up working on my laptop at the desk, which was very comfortable, with adjustable office chair. Then I watched the large flat screen to fall asleep. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: 6th floor was pretty quiet at night.
Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

This hotel is not a bad property. It is in a great location with many food choices nearby.
The place is clean and well kept. The business center is great.
My complaints are that for the past two nights I've taken a Luke warm to cold shower.
Fix it folks! I'm not the first to complain!
The AC in the bedroom blow cool air (72 degrees). I know this because the tech gauged it.
Front desk brought up a fan tonight.

All personnel is friendly and helpful.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Debi N, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites Oklahoma City - Will Rogers World Airport, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
First of all we'd like to thank you for staying at our hotel. We do appreciate the positive comments on our location, the many food choices in our area and the compliments on how well kept our staff keep the hotel. We apologize you had to take a luke warm shower. We did some research to find what suite you were in. Our maintenance department will look into what caused the problem and fix it, so the next guest doesn't have the same experience. Thank you for your feedback. We hope to see you again real soon. Debi Neumann, Director of Sales
Dallas, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

It was so hot in OKC over the weekend, staying at the Embassy Suites was a relief. The air worked and the sheets were cool and soothing.
I would stay here again and again.
Great breakfast. I am sure that the Happy Hour was great too. We missed it because we were wondering around the city and surrounding areas.
Kid and pet friendly.
Nice and helpful staff.
Great front desk. They were friendly and full of information regarding city points if interest and directions.

• Stayed September 2012

Been to Embassy Suites Oklahoma City - Will Rogers World Airport? Share your experiences!