Let me predicate this review by saying you can check my copious other reviews, and you won't find any as vociferous as this. I was prepared to give this hotel a 3 or 4 based on being a very nicely updated property. Perhaps the following experience is an anomaly, but it is what it is.
All of your front desk employees ( 1 female, 2 males) were busy opining about the Presidential debate from the time I returned to the hotel at 815pm and continued until I couldn't take it anymore at 915pm. They should be working, not watching television, and they should be apolitical around your customers.
I retreated to the breakfast area to watch the debate and was castigated by the (small oriental female) who began YELLING at me in very broken English. I was able to glean she was very upset that I was walking on the floor she had just mopped, although there were no "area closed" signs displayed and there were clearly people in the area and televisions turned on.
I don't think I've ever experienced this kind of insolent attitude from any hotel employee in the past 20 years. If the management has a video system I hope they will view it to validate my claims. My recommendation is that you avoid this hotel at all costs, and I am a loyal Hilton Diamond (which was never recognized) Your money will be best spent at the Cambria Suites where I have stayed previously, or anywhere but this place. It's obvious there are serious issues at this hotel.
As an aside, the bathrooms are about the size of an apartment closet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Embassy Suites - Oklahoma City is the perfect choice for anyone visiting Oklahoma City. We have recently completed the renovation of all 236 suites with beautiful decor, new bedding, and fantastically high-tech amenities. What’s more, we are conveniently located less than four miles from Will Rogers World Airport, our hotel is only six miles from downtown and most businesses or visitor attractions in Oklahoma City are within a 20 minute drive.Our hotel location offers easy access to our corporate guests’ highly visited destinations, such as:• AAR• AT&T• Atlantic Aviation• Boeing• Cameron• ClimateMaster• Dell• FAA• Pratt and Whitney• Seagate• Smith and Nephew• Tinker Air Force Base. Guests will also find a variety of entertainment venues within a 10 mile radius of the hotel:• Bricktown Canal and Entertainment District• Celebration Station• Myriad Botanical Gardens and Crystal Bridge Tropical Conservatory• Oklahoma Art Museum• Oklahoma City Arena (home of the NBA Team OKC THUNDER)• Oklahoma City National Memorial and Museum• Oklahoma River Cruises• Oklahoma State Capitol• State Fair Park• Stockyards City• Six Flags White Water Bay. The fantastic amenities we offer are just another reason why guests choose Embassy Suites when visiting Oklahoma City. Take advantage of our two-room suites; each suite offers a spacious living area for visiting and a separate bedroom for privacy. And, with these added comforts, you’ll forget you were away from home:• Flat screen television in both the living area and bedroom• Refrigerator• Microwave• Coffee Maker • Iron/Ironing board• Two telephones• A well-lit workstation• Complimentary local phone calls• Complimentary wireless high speed internet access (HSIA)In addition to the cozy amenities offered in our suites, we have luxuries to help you make the most out of every day of your stay with us. We offer a complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast every morning to help our guests start their days healthfully. After a long day, unwind with a dip in our indoor heated swimming pool or relax in our whirlpool and/or sauna. You can also de-stress by enjoying our hotel fitness room featuring PreCor Equipment. As you settle into your evening, join us for our nightly manager’s reception. Our in-house restaurant, The Landing Bar and Grill, offers everything from fresh salads and sandwiches to succulent steaks. More interested in dining out? There are over 40 restaurants within a one mile radius of the hotel; many within easy walking distance. With so many great features, the Embassy Suites – Oklahoma City is sure to make you feel right at home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hilton Hotels, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Embassy Suites Oklahoma City - Will Rogers World Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Oklahoma City - Will Rogers Airport Hotel Oklahoma City
- Oklahoma City Embassy Suites