“DISGUSTING” 1 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #136 of 145 Hotels in Oklahoma City
“DISGUSTING”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2015

Don't stay here. This place was disgusting. Toilet was coming lose from the floor, sheets were stained, tub looked like ...well let's just say you would feel better taking a sponge bath at a land fill. There were old clothes stuffed under the bed. The only good thing I can say is that there were no bed bugs and the Wifi worked. Walking down the halls in this place with all the spider webs and rotting ceiling made me a bit concerned about the safety of the place. The only reason I didn't get my money back (68.32) and leave is because my wife was suffering from a migraine and she needed the rest.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Tulsa, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2014

Blood on walls, leaking ceilings, filthy, rude manager. I took over 100 pictures depicting garbage and filth. Talked to a maid that said they do not have enough towels, sheets, and cleaning supplies. I had to supply my own vacuum. This is the worst of the worst. Laundry room and pool states that they lock the doors at 8 p.m. NOT. I had to wash my laundry in the tub. I also had to buy my own cleaning supplies. This was NOT the maids fault. I was told the manager will not purchase the supplies needed. Went to the desk and he couldnt be bothered. Laundry room was flooded. I will be contacting the corporate office with the pictures I have taken.

Room Tip: Quiet because no one stays here.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Dover, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

Since my previous review is still readily available, I will not go through all of the details as thoroughly as before. This was our second stay at this property. Our previous stay, was following the Moore City Tornado. The property is still being well-maintained. It is apparent to me, that the owner takes pride in his property. While some may find the location off-putting, my family and I do not. Breakfast still includes fresh baked local baked goods. Since I was last there, the owner has planted roses out in front of the property. The property is still bright, and clean. Inside, the room I had appeared to be recently renovated, and had a micro-fridge and microwave. The interior hallway lighting is not overly bright, but is more than adequate to feel safe. Some people might not like the fact, that the hotel seems to have some longer term guests. Understand, that this is a two star property, and the clientele it serves are not the same as a five star hotel. If you want five star surroundings, with added charges for everything that's included in the price here, then look elsewhere. If you want a family run, clean, maintained ( although older property) hotel with the added values, you will not be disappointed. Some people say that you get what you pay for. At this property, I continue to feel that I am getting more than I pay for.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dover, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

First, please know that this two-storey property is an older property. It's rooms and bathrooms are smaller than newer builds, and it doesn't have an elevator. I was impressed at how well this property, which is located just off I-40, looked when I pulled up. The exterior looked freshly painted, and the parking lot was clean. When I entered the lobby, I continued to be impressed! The lobby, and interior hallways (which is how you access your room) also appeared to be well-maintained. After talking with the gentleman at the check-in desk, I found out that the last remodel was two years ago. As I said, they are continuing to maintain it like new! As I already mentioned, the room was small, BUT it had a micro-fridge AND a microwave! The bathroom was extremely small, but I don't spend anymore time in their than necessary! The continental breakfast consisted of local bakery fresh goodies-donuts, fritters, danishes-all fresh made, cereal, juice and coffee. Every employee that I spoke with was friendly and conversational. Don't let the location near a TA truck-stop turn you away from this oasis in the desert! I would stay at this again location in a heartbeat! No disclaimers here-I don't work for the hotel, I never met anyone there before my stay, and I didn't receive anything from them in exchange for this review. I don't even have any immediate plans to return to this location anytime soon. I was serious impressed by this location! I will add one last final thought though. If you're looking for a hotel room with a view, then in this one area you'd be disappointed.

Room Tip: If you aren't a sound sleeper, request a room not facing the interstate highway. Also, if you h...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I would advise to spend the extra $ for better hotel. I stayed in smoke free room due to asthma, and can smell others smoking from my room. Also the toilet and tub look like they came from a junkyard. Water taste's ok but the roaches crawling on the walls make it hard to sleep. Water pressure is horrible!!
Do not stay in this hole full of dirty people!!!!!!

• Stayed December 2012
Parkland, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I was obligated to spend five terrifying nights in this cockroach infested/bedbug infested inhumane due to a four day orientation suffering countless bedbug bites. Bedbug bites on my arms and legs and feet. Attempted to seek an alternative only to be declined.

Room Tip: Keep going stay away from this hotel
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Manteca, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Late night needed rest stop. Terrible front desk staff. Room recently painted and no ventilation in room. Dirty bathroom floor/shower/toilet (didn't notice until the AM upon waking). Still had painters tape on door handles and shower fixtures. Carpets were sticky and was afraid to remove my socks (i didn't). We could not wait to leave, in a hurry. If you stop here, expect the worst and you will not be disappointing. Still waiting for refund and will file official complaint with BBB and chamber of commerce in Oklahoma City.

Room Tip: Look a little further down the road for better value.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!