“Stay here if you like to Sleep with Roaches!!!!!!!” 2 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #131 of 140 Hotels in Oklahoma City
“Stay here if you like to Sleep with Roaches!!!!!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012 via mobile

I would advise to spend the extra $ for better hotel. I stayed in smoke free room due to asthma, and can smell others smoking from my room. Also the toilet and tub look like they came from a junkyard. Water taste's ok but the roaches crawling on the walls make it hard to sleep. Water pressure is horrible!!
Do not stay in this hole full of dirty people!!!!!!

• Stayed December 2012

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Parkland, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I was obligated to spend five terrifying nights in this cockroach infested/bedbug infested inhumane due to a four day orientation suffering countless bedbug bites. Bedbug bites on my arms and legs and feet. Attempted to seek an alternative only to be declined.

Room Tip: Keep going stay away from this hotel
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Manteca, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Late night needed rest stop. Terrible front desk staff. Room recently painted and no ventilation in room. Dirty bathroom floor/shower/toilet (didn't notice until the AM upon waking). Still had painters tape on door handles and shower fixtures. Carpets were sticky and was afraid to remove my socks (i didn't). We could not wait to leave, in a hurry. If you stop here, expect the worst and you will not be disappointing. Still waiting for refund and will file official complaint with BBB and chamber of commerce in Oklahoma City.

Room Tip: Look a little further down the road for better value.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012 via mobile

friendly reception staff, excersise room available, no vending machine even though they are signposted for the first floor. Good a/c.

• Stayed June 2012
Olpe, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

We stopped here on our way home from Arizona. I have never in my life been in such a stinking dump. We were charged $74.99 for a double room that smelled so bad we had to hide our heads under our own blankets to keep from gagging. I'm not sure they have a cleaning staff, the carpets look like they haven't been cleaned in years. The beds and pillows were so uncomfortable. There was no coffee or juice in the morning, even though there was supposed to be.

Drive a little farther to somewhere better.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Pomfret Center, CT
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2007

So many problems with this hotel presumably "under new management." First, it is run by a group of 20 somethings who are not that comfortable either with the English language, how to operate a computer or how to run a hotel. First, I had to wait 45 minutes in the lobby with my wife and baby while they called up priceline to make sure I had pre-paid the hotel room without just letting me check into the room. Second, I nearly fell and broke my neck on the way to the hotel because they had not salted the stairs, sidewalk or corridors. When I suggested this to them, they looked at me like I was from Mars. Third, when I entered the hotel room and turned the bathroom light on: nothing. I called the front desk and asked for someone to come by to replace the bulb and what I got was a young 20 something holding a bulb at my door. He handed me the bulb, told me to install it myself and of course the bulb did not fit. And finally to top it off the electricity shorted out at about 2 am which made for less than ideal sleeping conditions in Oklahoma in December. In short, this is -- and I have travelled extensively in the States and abroad -- the absolute hands-down worse hotel I have ever stepped foot into. Oh, I forgot to mention that the address of the hotel is wrong on the Internet and it took us nearly an hour to find it. I highly recommend staying at another hotel or under a bridge instead of this dump run by a completely incompetent hotel staff.

• Liked — Nothing really. The room was clean.
  • Disliked — Almost everything. Hotel staff, safety, no electricity, etc. see review.
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
STL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2007

This is the hotel that taught me the importance of reading online reviews! (Had I read before, I never would have stayed!!) It was our first stop on our 2 week Rt. 66 honeymoon road trip, and by far the worst of the 11 places we stayed. I have never seen such a dirty hotel carpet in my life!! Every single thing about our room was dirty, dingy and smelly. The sheets were so scratchy that I felt like things were crawling on me. This place is certainly an example of you get what you pay for, and I’ll pay more next time!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Dirty!!!
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!