“Bedbug Mayhem!Stay Away!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #132 of 141 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Parkland, Florida
“Bedbug Mayhem!Stay Away!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I was obligated to spend five terrifying nights in this cockroach infested/bedbug infested inhumane due to a four day orientation suffering countless bedbug bites. Bedbug bites on my arms and legs and feet. Attempted to seek an alternative only to be declined.

Room Tip: Keep going stay away from this hotel
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Manteca, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Late night needed rest stop. Terrible front desk staff. Room recently painted and no ventilation in room. Dirty bathroom floor/shower/toilet (didn't notice until the AM upon waking). Still had painters tape on door handles and shower fixtures. Carpets were sticky and was afraid to remove my socks (i didn't). We could not wait to leave, in a hurry. If you stop here, expect the worst and you will not be disappointing. Still waiting for refund and will file official complaint with BBB and chamber of commerce in Oklahoma City.

Room Tip: Look a little further down the road for better value.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012 via mobile

friendly reception staff, excersise room available, no vending machine even though they are signposted for the first floor. Good a/c.

• Stayed June 2012
Olpe, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

We stopped here on our way home from Arizona. I have never in my life been in such a stinking dump. We were charged $74.99 for a double room that smelled so bad we had to hide our heads under our own blankets to keep from gagging. I'm not sure they have a cleaning staff, the carpets look like they haven't been cleaned in years. The beds and pillows were so uncomfortable. There was no coffee or juice in the morning, even though there was supposed to be.

Drive a little farther to somewhere better.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Pomfret Center, CT
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2007

So many problems with this hotel presumably "under new management." First, it is run by a group of 20 somethings who are not that comfortable either with the English language, how to operate a computer or how to run a hotel. First, I had to wait 45 minutes in the lobby with my wife and baby while they called up priceline to make sure I had pre-paid the hotel room without just letting me check into the room. Second, I nearly fell and broke my neck on the way to the hotel because they had not salted the stairs, sidewalk or corridors. When I suggested this to them, they looked at me like I was from Mars. Third, when I entered the hotel room and turned the bathroom light on: nothing. I called the front desk and asked for someone to come by to replace the bulb and what I got was a young 20 something holding a bulb at my door. He handed me the bulb, told me to install it myself and of course the bulb did not fit. And finally to top it off the electricity shorted out at about 2 am which made for less than ideal sleeping conditions in Oklahoma in December. In short, this is -- and I have travelled extensively in the States and abroad -- the absolute hands-down worse hotel I have ever stepped foot into. Oh, I forgot to mention that the address of the hotel is wrong on the Internet and it took us nearly an hour to find it. I highly recommend staying at another hotel or under a bridge instead of this dump run by a completely incompetent hotel staff.

• Liked — Nothing really. The room was clean.
  • Disliked — Almost everything. Hotel staff, safety, no electricity, etc. see review.
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
STL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2007

This is the hotel that taught me the importance of reading online reviews! (Had I read before, I never would have stayed!!) It was our first stop on our 2 week Rt. 66 honeymoon road trip, and by far the worst of the 11 places we stayed. I have never seen such a dirty hotel carpet in my life!! Every single thing about our room was dirty, dingy and smelly. The sheets were so scratchy that I felt like things were crawling on me. This place is certainly an example of you get what you pay for, and I’ll pay more next time!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Dirty!!!
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Sedalia, MO
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2006

As the other poster stated this hotel was VERY hard to find.

Upon entering the front door the smell hit you in the face. I have no idea what they were cooking in the apt the manager lived in, but the smell was the most horrid thing I have ever smelled in my life and it filled the entire building.

We only stayed here because it was the only hotel we could find in the area that had 3 beds in the room which we needed.

The bathroom was so small you nearly had to stand in the tub to shut the door. There was a hole in the wall, the carpets were BADLY stained. The chain/security lock on the door was broken which gave us great concern because of all the unsavory characters hanging around outside, which gave us even more concern that our van would be broken into during the night. This was VERY concerning as they didn't seem to be doing anything but watching us. You couldnt' feel safe going to the swimming pool with these guys hanging around out there. One of them even followed my husband up the stairs to our room.

As for the beds/pillows, we would have been more comfortable sleeping in our van.

There was a trucking business or something directly behind the hotel and you could hear the compressors from the freezers running all night long.

As for the free breakfast in the morning. We didn't even risk it! We did walk by and noticed that all it amounted to was a box of donuts and 2 cereal boxes, so we went up the road to IHOP.( which was to expensive and not worth it)

As the other posters stated, DON"T RISK staying here, it was horrid, smelled like a third world country and scary

• Stayed June 2006

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!