“I hate sofa beds...” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #55 of 147 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Denver, Colorado
“I hate sofa beds...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

My son, daughter, and I stopped here on our way to see relatives. I generally like Courtyards but didn't like this one. Our experience started off badly when they didn't have the 2-queen bed room I had reserved. We got "upgraded" to a king suite with sofa bed, but this meant one of us was going to sleep on a sofa bed.

The sofa bed wasn't made, and there were no sheets or pillows for it in the room - had to call down for those. There was a "blanket" for it, but it was threadbare, had at least one hole in it. My daughter found a dead ant on it.

The room was otherwise acceptable.

After a long day of driving I had hoped to hit the hot tub, but it was closed for repairs.

Overall not a good experience, though probably not bad enough to turn me off of Courtyards for good.

Room Tip: don't settle for a room with a sofa bed, even if it's called a suite...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
Michael W, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Oklahoma City Airport, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide your comments and feedback regarding your recent stay at the Courtyard Oklahoma City Airport. We want to apologize for the inconveniences you encountered with not having the room type you requested at check-in during your recent stay. Please be assured that we are working constantly with our staff to ensure that these situations do not occur again.

Once again, we are sorry for this inconvenience, and we hope that you will allow us another opportunity to provide you with excellent service in the future.

Michael Wilke

Mexico City, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We went a week ago to Oklahoma city to the NRHA futurity. Lately I've been staying in the courtyards the value it's great you pay good prices and you get a lot!
This courtyard was very nice all new and confortable bed and room and always the extra is the people. The staff was always nice and helpfull specialy Nicole a girl from the front desk that is always concerned about the guests.
Way to go!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

The front desk service was awesome. The hotel is located next to the Interstate and very close to a lot of restaurants and bars as well as a family fun center right next door. The rooms were decent, clean, average size but fit the bill. Lots of parking (free) and a small restaurant and store located in the lobby. Did I mention the excellent front desk service?

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for business. Ate dinner in their cafe, had sandwich with potato soup, which were both good. The new lobby is nice. Rooms are OK, kind of bland, nothing special. Service was friendly. I prefer to stay downtown and on NW Highway for better location, but this was OK.

• Stayed November 2012
Olney, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I have nothing negative to say about the staff. They were very pleasant. And the place was clean. But something about this hotel was just not refreshing. Maybe its because the walls seem extremely thin. I could hear other guests often. And the color scheme of Courtyards is getting old. I cannot quite figure this place out but I would not stay here again. A lot of inviting options close by.

Room Tip: Thin walls and though updated, looks tired.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

I pass this location twice a year and always make a point of staying that this Courtyard. It has been remodeled recently and the front desk was very helpful and made a point of going out of thier way if need be. I will continue t stay at this hotel as the location is great and the hotel has always been very clean and priced right.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

This hotel is a standard run of the mill Courtyard. What can I say it has the standard green carpet and yellow walls which all of them have. I was two doors from the ice machine which sounded like it was on its last leg. The A/C in the room could not keep up with the heat of the summer. There were chiggers or some sort of bugs in my bed that on the first night ate me alive. I marked the sheets when I left and after “housekeeping” made up my room the same bed linens were on the bed even though I requested them to be changed due to the unknown bugs. I ended up finding the cleaning lady at the end of the hall and I took a sheet set from her cart and made my own bed. After that no more bites.

As a Gold member you don’t get breakfast or anything else. You do get to pick a card from a deck of cards at check in and I “won” 500 Marriott points.

Bottom line never again will I stay here to many other options and I will be back in OKC.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank BJGfrankfurt
Michael W, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Oklahoma City Airport, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide your comments and feedback regarding your recent stay at the Courtyard Oklahoma City Airport. We want to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. We are very sorry for the disruption caused by the ice machine near your room and issues with the air conditioner in your room. We also apologize for the issues you found with your bed and with your sheets not being changed promptly upon your request. Please be assured that we are working constantly with our staff to ensure that these situations do not occur again. We hope that you will return and allow us another opportunity to provide you with the excellent service you expect and deserve at a Marriott Property.

Michael Wilke