“Fine for a one night stay” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15% This Summer!
Ranked #42 of 146 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Clayton, California
“Fine for a one night stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2011

I think this hotel gets a rough deal with the reviews.

It is fine. I wouldn't want to spend a week here admittedly but for a one night stop over close to hotel it works.

Room was nice, clean and large. Yes the general decor could do with an upgrade but I would stay here again for the 89 bucks I paid.

• Stayed September 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2010

Marriott properties are well kept and clean. Not this one. There were bugs on the writing table, the dead bolt lock did not work, Room was not clean and the carpets worn out

Night before I stayed at the Fairfied Inn next door and it was great. Clean room, super friendly staff, and lower price.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Sacramento, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2010

My Hubby is stationed in Texas just about 2 hours south of OKC. I flew in to visit for a short weekend and this hotel fit our needs perfectly. Not spectacular but it had everything we needed. Was clean, great accommodating staff, fast internet stations, free internet to the rooms. It did not have up to date luxuries like a fridge but the rooms were standard. The King provides space and even had a balcony. Windows and balcony were not clean, but the bed was. They did not have a bar or restaurant which is something we like in a hotel, however this was a short stay and did have a market you could purchase quick items at. The staff really was wonderful! Allowed us a super late check out while waiting for my flight so we could stay in the room versus going somewhere with all our luggage. Location was great, about 10 mins from downtown and 10 mins from the airport! It was a nice stay overall.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2010

This hotel is a great choice for an overnight stay before a flight. Its an old motel style hotel and the rooms are older but very clean. There is a cracker barrel across the parking lot and plenty of parking. I would stay here again if I were flying through the airport.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Frequent Traveler
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2010

I have stayed in different locations in Oklahoma City many times and I was looking for a hotel closer to the airport this time. There are some very creepy looking hotels all around here (close to Meridian) in this price range that are rated a lot higher on this website. I booked one of them based on the decent reviews on this site. Because the one I booked reminded me of the Bates Motel, and there was a strip joint nearby, I burned rubber and drove around and looked for another place to stay. This Courtyard by Marriott is pleasant looking compared to alot of the others in the area. It seems like they've taken measures to keep guests safer - gates that close at night to prevent too much driving access, fenced in parking lot and lights, all access doors require a room key. There's a Cracker Barrell restraunt within walking distance but there are a million restraunts and fast food places on Meridian if you have a car. There's no restraunt in the hotel, but they do serve a nice complimentary hot breakfast. There's also a shopping center and Walmart just a skip down the highway. There is a small refridgerator in the room. I was given the choice whether I wanted an upper or lower floor. You can park your car where you can see it out your window, and parking is all around so you can park close to access/close to your room. My room on the 3rd floor was pleasant looking and CLEAN. It smelled clean, the carpet was clean, and the bathroom was clean. The bed was comfortable with lots of pillows. The room has an electronic thermostat on the wall for you to control room temperature. The lobby is pleasant and has a separate business and lounge area with related furniture and a flat screen tv, the breakfast area also has lots of tables and chairs. It looked and smelled very clean. Some snacks/drinks available for purchase in small area next to the receptionist. Room has free high-speed internet that works fine, and they provide a short ethernet cable. Surprised to see a hot tub/spa in a nice separate room with chairs and towels. The receptionist staff seemed nice enough.
The only recommendations I would make are that at some point they start upgrading the regular tube tv's to flat screen tv's to keep it modern, and wireless internet. Microwaves in the room would also be nice since there is no restraunt.
For this area and at this rate, all in all, this is a pretty nice hotel. I'm not sure about this area - but it's close to the airport.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
weatherford, oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2010

We stayed at this hotel numerous times when our sons were little, which was over twenty yrs. ago. We loved this hotel then! My oh my, the changes that occur over time. We are fond of the Marriott hotels and I had to really look at the map on Mapquest to see that this is the hotel that we went to. It was. We checked in. We checked out. Now, the folks that worked there, were hospitable and were very amiable about trying to fix things for us, to accommodate our stay. That is the one thing that this hotel has going for them now. But...........but, how can you overlook seeing a roach crawl on your wall when you first check in? This is not the Marriott type of room that we used to stay in, (when we loved this hotel in the bygone yrs.) and it is not up to the standard that Marriott seems to find great pride in. I suggest that they look at the rooms and how they have allowed them to become shabby. I sat on the bed for a second and the beds are very uncomfortable. For some reason, I don't remember that from our past stays there, either. I don't know what happened to this hotel over the years, but it has completely gone downhill. I would suggest that the Marriott look at their employees there as the only good thing that they have going there and simply tear down and remodel. It was a sad experience to see this hotel in such disarray. We travel a lot, so we see a lot of nice hotels and judge from those experiences. I am writing this review, not to completely judge this hotel in complete negativity, but this really, really was one of our favorite hotels to stay in, in the past. I am just brokenhearted that they have allowed this hotel to become this delapidated. There are good restaurants nearby. It is close to the airport, close to Interstate 40, and has some of those things going for it. I say, Marriott people, get out your drawing boards and go back to this hotel for yourself and see if you would like to stay there, as it now is. I don't think that you would! So..............please tear it down, start over, or however you do, to fix the situation, as I don't think that you will have many customers til you do. Like I said, you have great employees at the front desk there, it seemed to us. Now, you just need to fix up your hotel, to make the rest of it work! I am impassioned with my response and review of this hotel, as like I mentioned, this hotel used to be splendid to stay in!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2009

Not one of the best courtyards. OK for typical late nite arrival and early departure. Relatively convenient for airport, although about 4 miles away. The 24 hour shuttle gets there in about 10-15 minutes. Needs a little updating.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Oklahoma City Airport? Share your experiences!