“Delicious!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #257 of 1,432 Restaurants in Oklahoma City
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

I really enjoy eating here and am sad that this is the only one left in the whole world (I think). The baked potato soup on Thursdays is amazing and the okra is spot on. You get so much food with a Pioneer supper. I had a big bowl of loaded baked potato soup, a cup of corn, a cup of fried okra, the chicken fried steak, Texas toast, and a big slice of strawberry pie with more whipped cream than I've ever seen on any dessert. I was stuffed! But, it was all very delicious. My other favorites include the quesadillas and tiny baked potato bite-things. And the onion rings? Yum. It looks like a dive, but it is wonderful! It brings back many memories of my childhood when my grandparents would take me to the one on NW expressway.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Our favorite place for Sunday breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We visit Pioneer Pies often for Sunday Breakfast. Good omelets and breakfast burritos; fast friendly service. Join the free breakfast club and receive a free breakfast after seven visits.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kansas, USA
“Great strawberry pie”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in together a pie. Decided on strawberry. The berries were very juicy an the crust flaked on the fork. Can't say what the food is like, but the pies are excellent.

Visited May 2013
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“worst”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

arrived at 8:30pm. When a hostess(or whatever she was) arrived from the kitchen area she walked out and looked at us as if she couldnt figure out what we were doing there. We told her we had two in our party for dinner. She stated" Well....I'll go see if anyone is taking tables....." as she walked off to find out if a waitress was willing to do her job I looked around to find the time because I thought maybe they were closing and we had arrived too late. THEY ARE OPEN UNTIL 10PM BUT DIDNT WANT TO TAKE ANYMORE TABLES AT 8;30PM!! We said, " We'll make it easy on you. We only want pie and coffee". She said 'OK. (waitress name) will take you then". I was shocked. The waitress then arrived at the table with 2 glasses of water and made her irritation known when we told her we wouldnt be needing them. She huffed off. We got our pie. It was only mediocre. NOT the pie we used to remember from this place. Then the waitresses proceeded to run the vacuum right beside our table and complain about how they were ready to get out of that place. It was obvious they werent thinking about their work bec. when we paid the check in cash the waitress brought us our change AND the $20 bill we paid with. We were nice enough to give her back the money, but the experience was enough that we've decided it will be our last trip there.

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Great dinner and pies!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

We had dinner here and enjoyed it so much, we came back for lunch the next day! Vegetable beef soup was great on the cold day we visited. Homemade Cornbread was very good, dressings are also all homemade and very yummy! Prices are very reasonable, and suppers and lunch specials come with a slice of pie! Highly recommended- will definitely be back next time we're in town!

• Visited December 2012