“Decide to Eat Here” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #105 of 1,344 Restaurants in Oklahoma City
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Fenton, Illinois
“Decide to Eat Here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

While staying at a nearby hotel we just walked to this big restaurant and were glad we did. We did not have to wait to be seated on a busy Friday night and we had a great waitress named Morgan. She was sweet and attentive and filled our water glasses without being asked. I always like that in a server.
We split a big meal- The 16 ounce Chicken Fried Steak which was a sirloin and our sides were the Cowboy Beans and Mashed Potatoes with extras in them. All of it was delicious. We were quite full even though we split it.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Fort Gibson, Oklahoma
“EXCELLENT!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

The food was excellent, everything was cooked to perfection!! The children loved their meal and the portions were large, but not too large. Great place for a beer and relaxing if you want to get full!!

Visited October 2012
Moore, Oklahoma
“didnt have the food, just the "bar"”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

So I guess we may have been a little misled by the name...its not really a "bar". I mean, there is a bar...but its really more a little corner of the restaurant. There was a one man "band" playing music on the massive stage, but no where for dancing. The beers were average restaurant prices and the guy singing wasnt terrible but wasnt great. We did not have any food. Lots of Toby Keith memorabilia, but otherwise nothing special about the atompsohere either.

Visited November 2012
Mustang, Oklahoma
“Best Cowboy RibEye Steak In OKC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

After trying most of the more expensive restaurants in OKC, we've decided we can get better steaks here at Toby's. There is something about the well-seasoned wood fire pit and grille that gives that piece of meat that special flavor, and lovers of the cowboy steaks know what I mean. We've eaten at some of the fancy restaurants in town where they bathe the cooked steak in oil or butter before serving (yuck) or where they try to make up for marginal meat with extra stuff like blue cheese stuffing (double yuck). No steak sauce or extras needed here. As a result, we keep coming back to Toby's where the quality is consistently excellent and the service is as good or better than many of the OKC restaurants.
My favorite meal is the Cowboy Bone-in Ribeye, garlic mashed potatoes, cornbread with jalapenos, Cowboy Caviar (black eyed peas) and a glass of their house merlot. The steak is large enough that my wife and I will usually split the steak and order an extra salad.
For best service, we skip the dining room and go directly to the booth tables on either side of the bar, where the service staff is coming in and out of the kitchen, and is always nearby and frequently checking on our needs.
I recommend Toby Keiths to all visitors to OKC as this is simply the best in town.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Oklahoma City
“Fun place for tourists and locals...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Locals come here before Thunder games, beer specials are good for happy hour. Food is good, large portions, pretty decent selection. Toby comes in occasionally I hear but I've never seen him there. It's close to other bars/attractions in Bricktown and free parking which is a premium in OKC.

Visited November 2012