“Incredible!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Logan, Utah
“Incredible!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

What a delight! Truly a welcome departure from cookie cutter bland hotels. I found the service excellent, the food wonderful and the service fantastic. While visiting with my daughter and her 2 children, a hotel employee even asked if he could give the children a treat!

I look forward to returning to the Skirvin upon my next trip to OK City.

Room Tip: Take time to look at all the old photos near the lobby.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
GMSkirvin, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Dear Darin M – I am glad that you found the Skirvin Hilton to be incredible. I have shared your praises with my team and mirror your sentiment that my staff is highly passionate to serve others. Thank you for staying with us and providing your wonderful comments. I look forward to your return visit.

Kindest Regards – Brett Sundstrom | General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

What a nice change. Of the choices in Oklahoma City this has to be up there, can't believe it's rated the same as Colcord. Spotless well appointed and spacious rooms, it hits on all marks. From the valet to reception to wait staff...everyone was wonderful. I found it reasonable for what you get, it's convenient, quiet and reminiscent of old school classy hotels. Lobby is comfortable and the lobby bar staff easy and engaging. I'll be back here

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Clive Watkins – Welcome to the Skirvin Hilton! We always appreciate the reviews of Top Contributors during their travels. Your recommendation means a lot and I appreciate you providing your wonderful comments. Thank you for staying with us and I look forward to your return visit.

Hartford cheshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Stopped here during our route 66 tour. Clean but unwelcoming reception staff – we felt like we were intruding on their day.
The room was ok as was the bathroom but we didn’t feel like we had a deluxe king – I wonder what std was like?

The bar staff were lovely but to be honest we didn’t think there was that much to do with the time we had (24 hours) we walked to bricktown for something to eat but other than that OK was OK
and they charge for WIFI

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Liz H – I want to apologize for the poor arrival experience. I have shared your comments with the appropriate team members for review and correction. I was surprised to read that you found little to do, The Skirvin Hilton is conveniently located in the heart of Downtown Oklahoma City. Sitting at the corner of Broadway and Park Avenue, the Skirvin Hilton is literally on the doorstep of Downtown OKC's most vibrant districts and attractions, including Chesapeake Energy Arena, Bricktown, Automobile Alley, the Business District, the Arts District, Midtown and Deep Deuce. Thank you for your feedback.

Bernardsville, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Attended a wedding at this hotel. The food was rather mediocre, if not poor. Everything was cooked to death. Wedding bar tenders did not know what a martini was, and stuck fingers in glass containing olives. Experience at hotel bar was good though. Rooms were dated and need overhauling. The hotel charged everyone $50 in case there was damage to the room. What kind of people book at this hotel anyway?? I still have not reeived a refund for this charge.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Laurie b – I understand that Jessica Dustin our Director of Guest Services reached out to you pertaining to your credit card authorization. This was not a charge, merely an authorization to establish credit with the hotel and should have been automatically released on your day of departure. I want to apologize for your poor banquet experience. I assure you this is not the level of service that we provide at the Skirvin Hilton. Our overall high guest satisfaction scores and feedback underscores such efforts. I will share your feedback with my team in the in an effort to enhance our training programs.

Sincerely - Brett Sundstrom | General Manager| 405-702-8501 or bretts@marcuscorp.com
Maine, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Beautiful hotel, great location, great for business travel. I didn't have a mini-fridge in my room, though I stayed for 4 days. I recommend you requested one when you make your reservation. Also, disappointed that guest must pay for internet access.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

GMSkirvin, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Dear Heidi M – I am glad that you found the hotel to be beautiful and I agree that the hotel is on the doorstep of Downtown OKCs most vibrant districts and attractions. Yes, you are correct that we charge for internet access as we support our Hilton Brand standard for full service hotels. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this feedback.

Scottsdale
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

My first impression was not great, pulling up to the hotel in my car I had to get out and ask one of the four bellman standing around gossiping and staring at me for help. Although I probably don't look like their usual guest in an unwashed Audi with my dog and many other essentials stuffed in my car. But once I got their attention they were very friendly and helpful.

The hotel itself is beautiful and the room was well kept for being such an old building. It is in a great centralized location in OKC within walking distance to pretty much everything downtown. The bar seemed legit and busy, plus breakfast at their three meal was pretty good too.

Bottom line- I would stay here again!

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
GMSkirvin, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Dear Roadtripingking – I want to apologize for the poor arrival experience. I have shared your comments with the appropriate team members for review and correction. Your recommendation means a lot and I appreciate you providing your wonderful comments. I look forward to your return visit.

Wunstorf, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

The hotel is located in Oklahoma City downtown five minutes walk away from the Bricktown area, the congress center, and the sports stadium. I found a comfortable room, very competent and always friendly personnel and an atmospheric hotel. Impressive is the gothic styled lobby from the early years of the last century. But I liked most the Jazz music in the elevators and in the lobby.
I will come back whenever I am staying in OKC.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear B Nutzer - Today’s Skirvin Hilton is a combination of historic beauty and modern luxury. The Skirvin Hilton is conveniently located in the heart of Downtown Oklahoma City. Sitting at the corner of Broadway and Park Avenue, the Skirvin Hilton is literally on the doorstep of Downtown OKC's most vibrant districts and attractions, including Chesapeake Energy Arena, Bricktown, Automobile Alley, the Business District, the Arts District, Midtown and Deep Deuce.Thank you for staying with us and providing your wonderful comments. I look forward to your return visit.

Kindest Regards –Brett Sundstrom | General Manager

Been to The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City? Share your experiences!