“The most beautiful hotel I've seen” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 145 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
Tulsa, OK
“The most beautiful hotel I've seen”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2008

Both my fiancee and I work in the hotel industry and this was wonderful. So close to Bricktown, you can walk (in HEELS) and the views are great. Our suite was a dream, and the whole team of employees were wonderful. Whenever we go back to OKC, this is where we are going to stay. We may even have our wedding there!!

• Liked — The beauty of the whole place!
  • Disliked — nothing!
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Dallas TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2008

During my stay I lost my cell phone. after I had given up and thought someone had stole it I didn't even report it to the hotel. The Security supervisor went out of his way to track down who the phone belonged to. He managed to return it to me the vary same night with out even knowing I was missing it. He was an upstanding and professional man. Averted tragedy into a pleasant night stay.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2008

What a beautiful old hotel. Wonderful rooms. A strong 4 star. Only negative was the Oklahoma City Police Officer in the lobby giving the employee from the adjacent bar a back rub, and the valets acted like a bunch of kids, not professional. The manager should watch his evening crew. Not a great health club, no steam room etc. But overall very nice.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2008

The service at this hotel was excellent! All service personnel I encountered were extremely friendly and efficient. The food was fabulous at our meeting we had onsite there. What a beautiful hotel in a great location- within walking distance to Bricktown ( lots of restaurants, bars, entertainment) and also in walking distance to the memorial. I was very impressed!

• Liked — The service and the charm of this histroic hotel
  • Disliked — I cant think of anything I didnt like about it...
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2008

The décor of the Skirvin Hilton is breathtakingly warm and elegant; this is a beautiful hotel! I simply do not believe I have stayed at a nicer Hilton than this one. The restaurant breakfast was wonderful and so was the service. The valet gentlemen are courteous, speediant, and helpful. I ran into bellman all across the hotel, and they are extremely friendly. Loved the bar too!

As a diamond I received an upgrade to a suite - and it was incredible. The room and bathroom were very large.

Now here’s my complaint: the AC drove me nuts. It only comes on when the sensor picks up movement - i.e., when you’re not there, it’s not on. I know it's green technology but when you come out of the shower or leave your room for a bit, your room is going to be very warm. Not only that - but both nights I woke up in the middle of the night literally sweating like I was in a marathon. Why? Because the sensor didn’t pick up my body and turned the AC off while I was sleeping. Of course I was madder then anything. (I'm a thin man, so it's hard for me to get hot)

I heard of others complaining that their room was too cold! So perhaps this was only because I had a suite. It's unfortunate and hard for me to write a negative review because this really is a gorgeous hotel; but, because I like having a nice cool room and can’t sleep otherwise - this diamond member won’t be coming back. Two nights in a row I barely got any sleep I was so warm. If you like having a nice cold room as I do, then you’ll need to stick to a Hampton or an Embassy. (Which is where I’ll be on my next trip in a few weeks).

Stayed June 2008
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2008

This is one of my favorite Hilton Hotels. The decor is modern and pretty. The common areas and rooms are all very new and well maintained. If you ever stay at Kimpton hotels...the decor reminded me very much of the Kimpton style. The service is excellent.

I found that it was about a 15-20 minute drive from the airport. It was easy to find with GPS. Valet parking is $20/ night. The valet guys were very helpful with directions. It only takes about 5 minutes for them to bring the car around.

The rooms are large. The desk area was nice and I thought the sitting area was pleasant. They provide free coffee and two bottles of water. The high speed internet was $9.95. They did not have wireless.

The beds were very comfortable. The linens were all top of the line. I liked the robes very much.

The bathrooms are spacious and they provide the standard Hilton Le Source Products.

Room service is very prompt. The food was good and reasonably priced.

The hotel is about a 5 minute walk to the entrance of The Brickyard. The Brickyard is where all of the restaurants, stores, movies, etc. are located. It is an attractive and fun area. It did find that it is a desolate walk to the Brickyard entrance from the hotel (I was traveling alone) at night. It didn't feel unsafe, but I could imagine an individual feeling unsafe. There are plenty of cabs available in front of the hotel if you don't want to walk. The farthest part of the Brickyard from the hotel is Toby Keith's restaurant and the movie theater. It is about a 15 minute walk. There are lots of cabs in the area if you don't want to walk back to the hotel. It was a $8 cab ride from the farthest point to the hotel.

The Oklahoma Stockyard is about 1/2 way between the hotel and the airport. It is fun place to stop by on your way to the airport. The Oklahoma City memorial is within walking distance of the hotel.

This is a perfect hotel for the business traveler, tourist, young, old, families or singles. I highly recommend it.

• Liked — I loved the decor of the hotel.
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2008

great hotel, everything 5 star, rooms, staff, bar, decor.
large comfortable rooms,
great location

best place to stay in OKC

• Stayed May 2008
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City? Share your experiences!