“Great Hotel Downtown OKC” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 145 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
Golden, Colorado
“Great Hotel Downtown OKC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I have stayed here twice for work. The hotel is a really nice and was renovated several years back. The rooms sizes vary greatly, but reserving a larger room (Rotunda Suite) on the front of the hotel is worth it.

The staff is very helpful and always eager to please. The restaurant (breakfast is free for hilton diamond members) and bar are both great. You are close walking distance to Bricktown for a variety of restaurants if you do not want to eat in the hotel.

Parking is expensive but there are not very many options downtown to park.

Room Tip: The rooms sizes vary greatly, but reserving a larger room (Rotunda Suite) on the front of the hotel...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
MartinvdL, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear Joshua K.
I can't thank you enough for your return visit and taking the time to provide us with this wonderful review. I am thrilled that you once again enjoyed your stay, your Park Avenue Grill experience and our staff services. We appreciate the feedback and hope to see you soon for another visit.
Martin van der Laan I General Manager I martinvanderlaan@skirvinhilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

The architecture and attention to detail in the layout is spot-on. The Red Piano Bar has a great atmosphere - but gets very crowded. There is an overpowering floral odor in the lobby, which is disappointing because the lobby is beautiful and I would have liked to spend more time down there. I was unable to do so simply because the smell was so strong it actually caused me to have a severe headache. The room was small but well decorated. The bathroom was not clean and the robe that had been provided was damp and smelled horrible. The bed (especially the pillows) was very comfortable. The 9.95 charge for Internet usage is almost appalling as most hotels offer free in-room Internet service and for the price of the (small) room, $250, it should definitely been free. The staff was extremely friendly and professional. Parking is a nightmare - either pay $20 (plus tax) for valet service which is extremely slow (attendants standing around chatting with no sense of urgency to assist you), use the parking garage not associated with the hotel or park on the street. Overall, the staff and general ambiance are fantastic, but the actual accommodations and experience are not worth the price you pay to stay at The Skirvin.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear JenMassey,
I am thrilled you enjoyed the overall ambiance and our fantastic staff. I am very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your other experiences as much. I have shared your comments with our team as they are very pertinent to the continued success of the overall Skirvin experience. I sincerely appreciate your candor and direct feedback. We are extremely proud of our product and our staff, so I am disappointed that we were not able to completely satisfy you. In the event that you should return to OKC, please do not hesitate to contact me direct so I can assist with your arrangements.
Cranford, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Had the pleasure of staying at this property while at a national convention for my Postmaster's association last September. Upon entering the lobby we were treated to how hotels looked in the 20's and 30's. The check in staff were by pleasant and took care of our fridge request with no problem. We were even allowed to check in early. The hallways were done in the ornate old fashioned style of a long gone era with wall hangings and couches of that time. The room while being a bit smaller than I would normally like was very nicely done and quite comfortable. The bathroom was a good size and ver clean. Beds were very comfy and the flat screen TV was a nice touch. Housekeeping services were quite good and the room was always made up very nicely upon our turn after our convention activities. We only had one lunch meal in the hotel and it was quite good although a bit pricey. The location of the Skirvin was excellent, as we only had to walk a few short blocks to get to the convention center complex. There was also a parking garage directly adjacent to the hotel which made parking our rental car a breeze. The bellhops we excellent and very friendly, providing valuable local information to us regarding directions, and places to see while in Oklahoma City. The hotel is an overall winner in my book and I would most certainly stay there again if we are ever in the OKC area.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor with a large windows as they layout of the hotel makes for some rooms to be tuc...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
MartinvdL, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
We are thrilled you enjoyed your experience during the Postmasters Association events. I am extremely grateful that you took the time to share your observations in such a thorough way and can't thank you enough for the details & recognition.
We hope you will join us again during this year's events or an a personal visit.
Overland Park, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Neat hotel, great location near many sites. Was able to walk to most places. Clean rooms and good food service. No free parking and no free Wifi access was a bummer. Expected better from a Hilton location. Struggled to find internet access so I could do my job while staying at the hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to recognize the property and I appreciate the heads up regarding the WIFI. We actually provide complimentary WIFI in all public areas and restaurant, lounge & lobby. I am sorry if there was any inconvenience.
We hope to see you soon for a return visit.
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

We stayed a few days ago on a road trip heading through OKC. The Location was perfect in walking distance downtown to all the sights we wanted to see (OKC Memorial, Canal area, OKC Museum of Art, etc...). The rooms were smaller then other Hilton's I've stayed at but this is purely due to the historic nature of the hotel, which makes up for the space. We had a few drinks at the bar but never ate at the restaurant so I'm not sure how that was but the bar was a cool environment for a hotel bar. The only thing that bugged me was the smell of the hotel, they must have had industrial strength air fresheners. The smell was a good one but WAY too strong, I'm not sure why they would need to have such a strong smell in the lobby, but if we had planned to eat in the restaurant I would think the smell would have been distracting. This wasn't a problem for us, as there are so many restaurants in the area that we hadn't planned to eat there anyway. The hotel staff was extremely friendly and the valets were great, even putting our luggage into our car for us after check out so we could have more time to sight see without worrying about our luggage or re-parking the car. I would think this would be a great spot for any type of trip from business to couples to families.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
MartinvdL, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Thank you so very much for your feedback. The recognition of our staff & valet team in particular, the Red Piano Lounge, our location in the center of it all and the hotel in general is highly appreciated. I am glad you experienced our great city as well.
We hope to see you soon for a return visit. Thank you for staying with us, we appreciate it.
Martin an der Laan I General Manager I martinvanderlaan@skirvinhilton.com
Woodward, OK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

This is my second year to work as a meeting coordinator for the Edward Jones Summer regional meetings. Both years I have stayed at The Skirvin for 15 days to do two waves of meetings. The staff was excellent both years and it was a good experience. I hope I am back next year for the same meetings. I know the attendees were very pleased with the hotel and meeting facilities.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Jeana D,
I am thrilled that once again you & your colleagues had an excellent experience during the Edward Jones meeting cycles. It was fantastic to have the group as guests at the Skirvin. I can't thank you enough for taking the time to recognize our hotel and more importantly our amazing staff. We sincerely appreciate your business and are humbled by your endorsement. We hope to see you again during the next event.
Rockwall, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

This was my first trip to OKC. I was excited to find this wonderful hotel close to many different things. It is beautiful and maintained very well. My favorite part was the Red Piano Bar. The bartender we had was wonderful...but I didn't get her name...thin with long dark hair! She was personable and remembered our drink of choice from the day before. We had breakfast in the dining room, which was pricy but tasted very good. Our bed was comfortable, room was clean and good size. We were with 2 other couples and they made sure all our rooms were close together. Very friendly staff all around!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
MartinvdL, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
Dear Suzy M,
Thank you for traveling with your friends to our great City and our wonderful Skirvin. I am so happy that all of you enjoyed your stay and were able to experience some of the great things our hotel has to offer. I am delighted that it included the Red Piano Lounge and the Park Avenue & their awesome staff. Your terrific feedback has been shared with our team. I trust the next time you or your friends are in town that you will once again chose the Skirvin. Thank you for being our guest.
Martin van der Laan I General Manager I martinvanderlaan@skirvinhilton.com

Been to The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City? Share your experiences!