“Skrivin stay” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Milwauke, United States
“Skrivin stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

The hotel is beautiful, it was great to see an old hotel brought back to life. Very friendly staff especially the hostess who greeted me by name each morning. Great location in downtown with access to the underground, very unique place the underground. I also appreciated the 24 hour room service.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

MartinvdL, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear Mark H,
Thank you for recognizing our Team, the location, services and the unique building of the Skirvin.
We appreciate that you took the time to review us and love that you had a great Skirvin experience. See you soon.
Martin avnder Laan I General Manager I martinvanderlaan@skirvinhilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Stillwater, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

This grand old elegant hotel is a wonderful place to stay in Oklahoma City! Filled with grandeur and history, this refurbished hotel will transport you to another era. Rooms are very clean and updated without loosing the historical feel of the hotel. It truly is a magical experience to stay here! The staff is very friendly and knowledgeable about the area and attractions in "Bricktown". The hotel hosts many weddings, receptions and special events. Truly a memorable experience!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear oucabinmom,
I am delighted that you utilized both the Skirvin Hilton Trip Advisor page as well as the Park Avenue Grill Trip Advisor page for your excellent reviews. They have been shared with our entire team. I am thrilled with your recommendations and that you had a memorable exprience all around. We hope to see you soon for a return visit.
Martin van der Laan I General Manager I martinderlaan@skirvinhilton.com
Spring, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

This hotel has a lot of character and interesting history. You step back in time the minute you walk through the door. It is a fabulous old building but the rooms are modern and clean. Both the breakfast and lunch buffet in the hotel restaurant are very very good. I had some issues with the toilet and the TV but the staff quickly addressed those issues once I reported them. I wasn't impressed with how my room was cleaned, I didn't get a new coffee cup or towel, so it keeps me from giving it 5 stars. However, it is still the best place to stay downtown!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
MartinvdL, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Thank you kindly for naming the Skirvin your favorite Hotel in Downtown OKC as well as taking the time to review us. I am thrilled you had a fabulous experience and that you experienced the expedient response by our Team when a technical problem arose. I have shared your comments with our Team and we all appreciate the feedback. We hope to see you soon for a return visit.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Hotel that has been newly remodeled but still has some of the authentic style from 100 years ago.

Very comfortable and within walking distance to several major attractions. The walk to bricktown, convention center, Myriad gardens, etc. were all close. We also walked to the federal building memorial on memorial day, makes you appreciate what you have.

We did not see the ghost that haunts the hotel, I guess that ghost hangs out on the 10th floor.

Room Tip: The higher the better for noise reasons. Also there is a rumor about a ghost on the 10th floor.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
I am delighted that you had an excellent Skirvin experience. Our in-the-center-of-it-all location for both business and leisure activities is indeed great to enjoy all that Downtown, Bricktown and Midtown of OKC has to offer. We are thrilled you enjoyed your OKC visit and hope to see you soon for a return visit.
Grand Prairie, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Have you done a Google search of the Skirvin Hotel? "haunted" is one of the first search words that comes up. For the record, nothing suspicious, strange or supernatural happened in my one-night stay.
The Skirvin is a really nice old hotel that has been modernized to the hilt. Very cool interior lobby area and rooms. Even the hallways are clean and modern. Exceptional steps have been taken to update this very aged property.
The room was modern and neat and clean. Only gripe here is with the desk. Seems pretty standard to put electrical outlets (many, sometimes) on the desk. This one had none, after a thorough hunt and inspection. One outlet with two plugs on a wall nearby. Today, with out world of gadgets and electronics, that makes a room quickly dated when electrical outlets are limited.
Otherwise - comfy bed, big bathroom, big shower, good soap.
The Skirvin is very proud of its restaurant. Had breakfast at its Park Avenue Grill; $22 for the buffet. It was good. I'll go as far as to say very good. But $22 good, for breakfast? Well ...
I'll wrap this up on a high note, because overall this is a nice place.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
MartinvdL, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
No haunts indeed. I appreciate your review and reference to a great Skirvin experience. Thank you for taking the time to review the Hotel and describe the services of our property. I am sorry that you were not able to locate the additional electrical desk plugs as they do exist in the center of the desk. I am thrilled you enjoyed the hotel and hope to see you soon for a return visit.
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

We had such a delightful stay at this hotel. The front desk ladies were so helpful and a joy to work with. Our room was clean and had all the amenities we needed. The breakfast was one of the best at any hotel; the bacon was superb and perfectly cooked. We will definitely stay here again!!

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
I am delighted you experienced a fabulous stay at the Skirvin. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and highlighting our Front Desk Team and breakfast in the Park Avenue Grill. See you soon for your return visit.
Addison, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

While I would recommend the Skirvin, it remains to be seen whether it keeps it's ambiance of elegance. Fine for people that don't travel much and don't know the difference. Staff response is quick and courteous. Housekeeping gets sloppy after a few days. Valet parking is nice, but pricey. Room service is way over priced. Food is okay.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Linda S.
Thank you for sharing your experience. I delighted to say that for the last 102 years the Skirvin has kept its ambiance of elegance and am convinced it will do so for many more years to come. I appreciate your feedback and have shared it with our entire team.
Martin van der Laan I General Manager I martinvanderlaan@skirvinhilton.com

Been to The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City? Share your experiences!