“Excellent place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 145 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
Dallas, Texas
“Excellent place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Hotel that has been newly remodeled but still has some of the authentic style from 100 years ago.

Very comfortable and within walking distance to several major attractions. The walk to bricktown, convention center, Myriad gardens, etc. were all close. We also walked to the federal building memorial on memorial day, makes you appreciate what you have.

We did not see the ghost that haunts the hotel, I guess that ghost hangs out on the 10th floor.

Room Tip: The higher the better for noise reasons. Also there is a rumor about a ghost on the 10th floor.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
MartinvdL, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
I am delighted that you had an excellent Skirvin experience. Our in-the-center-of-it-all location for both business and leisure activities is indeed great to enjoy all that Downtown, Bricktown and Midtown of OKC has to offer. We are thrilled you enjoyed your OKC visit and hope to see you soon for a return visit.
Martin van der Laan I General Manager I martinvanderlaan@skirvinhilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Grand Prairie, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Have you done a Google search of the Skirvin Hotel? "haunted" is one of the first search words that comes up. For the record, nothing suspicious, strange or supernatural happened in my one-night stay.
The Skirvin is a really nice old hotel that has been modernized to the hilt. Very cool interior lobby area and rooms. Even the hallways are clean and modern. Exceptional steps have been taken to update this very aged property.
The room was modern and neat and clean. Only gripe here is with the desk. Seems pretty standard to put electrical outlets (many, sometimes) on the desk. This one had none, after a thorough hunt and inspection. One outlet with two plugs on a wall nearby. Today, with out world of gadgets and electronics, that makes a room quickly dated when electrical outlets are limited.
Otherwise - comfy bed, big bathroom, big shower, good soap.
The Skirvin is very proud of its restaurant. Had breakfast at its Park Avenue Grill; $22 for the buffet. It was good. I'll go as far as to say very good. But $22 good, for breakfast? Well ...
I'll wrap this up on a high note, because overall this is a nice place.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
MartinvdL, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
No haunts indeed. I appreciate your review and reference to a great Skirvin experience. Thank you for taking the time to review the Hotel and describe the services of our property. I am sorry that you were not able to locate the additional electrical desk plugs as they do exist in the center of the desk. I am thrilled you enjoyed the hotel and hope to see you soon for a return visit.
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

We had such a delightful stay at this hotel. The front desk ladies were so helpful and a joy to work with. Our room was clean and had all the amenities we needed. The breakfast was one of the best at any hotel; the bacon was superb and perfectly cooked. We will definitely stay here again!!

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
I am delighted you experienced a fabulous stay at the Skirvin. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and highlighting our Front Desk Team and breakfast in the Park Avenue Grill. See you soon for your return visit.
Addison, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

While I would recommend the Skirvin, it remains to be seen whether it keeps it's ambiance of elegance. Fine for people that don't travel much and don't know the difference. Staff response is quick and courteous. Housekeeping gets sloppy after a few days. Valet parking is nice, but pricey. Room service is way over priced. Food is okay.

Dear Linda S.
Thank you for sharing your experience. I delighted to say that for the last 102 years the Skirvin has kept its ambiance of elegance and am convinced it will do so for many more years to come. I appreciate your feedback and have shared it with our entire team.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

The rooms were very nice - clean, spacious and modern. The conference room we used, the Continental Room, was more than large enough for our 20-person group. It was well-lit and comfortable. As great as the rooms were, the service at the Skirvin was the best part. From the front desk staff, Rachel and Brittany, to our servers during dinner, Ashley and Lindsey, to the hospitality staff for our event, Mia, the service was helpful, fast and courteous. This is a fantastic hotel.

Dear Pam A.
Your recognition of our staff, Rachel & Brittany (Front Desk), Ashley & Lindsey (Park Avenue Grill) and Mia in Banquets is highly appreciated. I am thrilled you and your group enjoyed your experience at the Skirvin. I am glad it was fantastic. Thank you for taking time to review us and for your patronage.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

The Skirvin is an amazing place to relax and unwind. Although there are no refrigerators in the room, one call and they will bring you one within ten minutes. The room service breakfast was amazing and seems pricey, but has plenty of food and leaves you satisfied. Would stay here once a month if I could! Great bar atmosphere with amazing pineapple upside down cake martinis.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

MartinvdL, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear Allison S,
I am delighted you had an amazing experience at the Skirvin and the Red Piano Lounge. We do hope you will return once a month and enjoy those Martinis you referred to. I have shared you comments with our team. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you soon.
Thank you for taking the time to review us.
richardson, texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

The hotel did an outstanding job in handling over 220 Wedding guests.. Rooms, meeting area/reception, food service, bar service friendliness of staff could not have been any better. The hotel staff was very knowlegable of the surrounding area and recommended items of interest.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Dear Eddie M,
We are always excited when we can play a small role during this very special wedding day. Thank you so very much for your feedback. Congratulations once again. We are thrilled that you and your guest enjoyed the experience.
We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to review us.
Martin van der Laan I General Manager I martinvanderlaan@skirvinhilton.com

Been to The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City? Share your experiences!