“We loved it!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 137 hotels in Oklahoma City
n/a
“We loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

More than a hotel, to us the Skirvin is an experience. The accommodations and customer service are above and beyond. We stayed on our 33rd wedding anniversary on Jan 25. The front desk and Park Avenue Grill people are genuinely friendly and Archie at the Grill makes the best omelet known to man! The Skirvin, we love this place!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
MartinvdL, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear John M.,
We love that you & your bride loved the Skirvin experience. Thank you for letting us play a very small part in your anniversary celebration. Congratulations once again. I appreciate the recognition and endorsement, especially your comments regarding Archie in the Park Avenue Grill.
We hope to see you soon for a return visit.
Martin van der Laan I General Manager I martinvanderlaan@ skirvinhilton.com

721 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I was very impressed with everything about this hotel. The room was larger than I expected for one built so long ago. Bed was great, the furniture was nice, everything just classy. Gym/fitness studio was impressive too. Only thing was room service wasn't available when I needed---I called three different times and no answer.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
MartinvdL, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Thank you so very kindly having made the time to review our property. I am thrilled you enjoyed the overall experience and thank you for pointing out the one opportunity. I appreciate your patronage and hope we will see you soon for a return visit.
Sachse, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed at the Hilton for 2 nights on Friday & Saturday, 1/11-12. The hotel is conveniently located within walking distance of the Murrah building memorial & Chesapeake Energy Arena as well as Bricktown & Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark. We parked the using the valet which is $26 a day. Not a great value unless you plan to going in and out using your car. The parking garage is $7 a day but does charge by the hour. Weekends the parking meters are free downtown if you like to park on the street. The hotel was full and there were no double beds available. We had a king with a roll-a-way bed. The room was large enough but we decided not to set up the roll-a-way. The bed was comfortable and clean. There were the usual amenities. The bathroom was large and a vanity where one could put toiletry bags underneath. The interior of the hotel has a historic feel. The staff was friendly and helped direct us to food & attractions within walking distance. There is a business center located below the lobby and was useful for printing boarding passes and computer access. I believe the pool and workout facility are also on the lower level.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
MartinvdL, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Todd E.
Thank you for the wonderful and detailed review provided. I think it's terrific that you & your friends had an excellent experience both at the Skirvin and in OKC & its Bricktown entertainment district. We certainly hope you will be making a return trip from TX soon. Thank you for staying with us and we appreciate the endorsement.
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

We had a nice stay here. Staff generally friendly and helpful. But...Bed not great and our room smelled very musty upon arrival. I was told by maid service "it's an old hotel, it smells". They offered to spray room with a deodorant. Didn't love that response. Great workout facility. Great location.

• Stayed January 2013
MartinvdL, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Dear Laura S,
We create memorable and extraordinary experiences at the Skirvin Hilton, so I am extremely appreciative of your comments and am sorry that we did not delivery 100% accordingly. Your concern has been adressed and shared with the appropriate Team members. Our Housekeepers rank among the best in the Hilton system and they continue to become better due to feedback like yours. I apologize for you having to deal with this extremely isolated opportunity. I thank you for sharing and hope to see you soon for a return visit.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Have always heard about this historic hotel, so for our one year anniversary we spent a night there for a stay-cation. The hotel has an interesting history and a very unique look inside, with many old pictures lining the walls of famous guests and hotel history. The dining experience at Park Avenue Grill was also excellent. A bit overpriced, but good food and not excessive portions. The maître d Matt was especially enjoyable and made the experience particularly special. The main downside to the hotel is the parking. Others may be accustomed to having to pay to park at a hotel, but it would have been a first for myself. Fortunately it was the weekend and we were able to find parking on the street. The bed was also not firm enough for our comfort, causing us to wake up with stiff backs. But overall it was an excellent stay, and very unique experience for a night in Oklahoma City.

Room Tip: Some rooms just face the parking garage, so if want a better view you'll want to ask for one fac...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
MartinvdL, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Thank you for your awesome review and endorsement. I appreciate the recognition of our staff and Matt in the Park Avenue Grill in particular, as well as our product and food quality. I am thrilled you enjoyed the experience for this special occasion. Once again, Happy Anniversary and we hope to see you soon for a return visit.
Amarillo, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

We stay at this hotel for the convenience of walking to the Cox Convention Center for a volleyball tournament. The lobby is beautiful and the rooms are very nice with comfortable beds. The staff is very accomodating couldn't be any nicer or more helpful. This was our 4th or 5th stay and have never had a complaint. Great burgers in the restaurant.

Although Bricktown is walking distance we used the free limo service since it was very cold while we were there. The only cost was a tip for the driver.

Highly recommend staying at the Skirvin Hilton.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
MartinvdL, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
We can't thank you enough for your loyalty and continued recommendation. "Best of the Best" we take any day of the week. I appreciate you recognizing our Team, our great product and the quality of food, combined with being in "the center of it all" in OKC. We trust that this memory will built on your loyalty and we look forward to your next visit.
Oklahoma City, OK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at the Skirvin. We had the regular king room and it was very spacious. The bedding was WONDERFUL! the hotel staff was friendly and helpful. We did not eat at the restaurant but i heard it was very good. The hotel Lobby is beautiful and room decor was nice as well. Would be nice to have a fridge, but we only stayed one night so it really wasn't an issue. We hope to stay here again soon.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
MartinvdL, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear Robin265,
I am thrilled you had a wonderful experience at the historic Skirvin. I appreciate the great feedback and thank you in advance for you future visits. We'll look forward to it and promise we will continue to deliver on your expectations. See you then.
Martin van der Laan I General Manager I martinvanderlaan@skirvinhilton.com

Been to The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City? Share your experiences!