“Best place in OKC!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Lathrop, California
“Best place in OKC!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I haven't been everywhere in Oklahoma, but enough times to know this is one of the better places to stay! I was at a Comfort Inn for the business part of my stay and wanted a little luxury before going home.
Check-in was slow but they made up for it by giving us a complimentary breakfast voucher. The hotel was beautiful and filled with history as well as rumored ghosts of by-gone days.
It's been updated well and has a very nice indoor pool and hot tub.
Will stay again on my next trip to OKC.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
MartinvdL, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Our Team highly appreciates your fantastic review. Thank you so very much for staying with us and taking the time to provide your comments. We look forward to your next visit to wonderful OKC and the Skirvin. Best wishes for continued safe travels.
Martin van der Laan I General Manager I martinvanderlaan@skirvinhilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Farmington Hills, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

We just finished our third trip to Oklahoma City and each time we have stayed at the Hilton Skirvin in downtown Oklahoma City. This is a beautiful hotel with great service. The people are friendly, nice and helpful. The rooms are clean and the beds are extremely comfortable. This hotel is very close to Bricktown so you can walk to several nice restaurants.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
MartinvdL, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Dear Ann B.
We thank you for your return visits, loyalty and taking the time to review the Hotel.We appreciate the recognition of our Team, the Hotel and the great location "in the center of it all". We look forward to many more visits.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

The Skirvin Hilton made our honeymoon an amazing and great experience! They sent us complimentary strawberries and champagne to our room and even bumped us up to a suite. They also provided us with two free breakfasts. They provided excellent customer service and helped us with whatever we needed. It was overall a perfect atmosphere for a romantic honeymoon. It was a very clean atmosphere and the rooms were very comfortable to stay in. Also, the room service was amazing!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Aaron M.
Congratulations on your recent nuptials. I am thrilled you chose to stay with us at the historic Hilton. I can't thank you enough for both your reviews, the restaurant review on the Park Avenue Grill Trip Advisor site and this one. We are glad we played a small part during your special time. We are priveledged to have done so. I really appreciate your recognition and have shared your comments with our Team. Thank you again for taking the time to review us and our sincere Best Wishes!
Martin van der Laan I General Manmager I martinvanderlaan@skirvinhilton.com
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

I was excited to stay at the Skirvin based on some comments from local family, however it was just average and in fact I like the Colcord better.

I can't believe that hotels - especially a chain the size of Hilton still charges for Internet. They tell you that as a Hilton honors members don't have to pay for your Internet but they don't tell you that you have to be at the highest level to get it free. $9.95 a day come in I would rather pay for TV vs Internet. As a business traveler I expect good reliable high speed internet for no additional charge.

The valet is $26 overnight. That also seems excessive but at least I can go park someplace else if I don't want to pay for valet.

The bar closes at midnight which seems early to me.

Oh yeh - one more thing - the breakfast Buffett was $18 and it was not much more than a continental breakfast.

• Stayed August 2012
MartinvdL, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Dear Henry V,
Thank you so very much for taking the time to review the Hotel. Your feedback is very much appreciated and I am sorry that we did not totally deliver on your expectation. I trust that all services were exceptional as you did not reference them. Our breakfast buffet is in actuality $17 and does include at least 4 hot items and omelets to order combined with all continental items you mentioned. Our award winning Red Piano bar is open at least until midnight and most nights until 2am with LIVE entertainment during Happy Hour and Late Night weekend nights. We would love to see you on a return visit to OKC and we sincerely hope we will have another opportunity to serve you. Thank you again for your feedback.
Lubbock, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

Got a great deal on this property from Priceline. Was extremely pleased with this hotel. Rooms were clean, nicely decorated, and very comfortable. Hotel is located very close to Bricktown, which has a nice array of restaurants and bars. It is also within walking distance of the Murrah Building Memorial, which is a very moving tribute to those lost in the bombing.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
MartinvdL, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Dear Tim N.
Thank you for your feedback. We are very happy that you were extremely pleased with the Hotel and the location "in the center of it all" in OKC. We hope to see you soon for a return visit.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

We had a long travel day and we just wanted a nice meal in our room. The gentleman at the front desk recommended a great delivery service because we wanted Mexican food, and a great restaurant. The food arrived hot and tasted great. Everything in the room was in perfect order and we couldn't have been more comfortable. The bed was so comfortable I slept longer than I do at home. We can't wait to return.

• Stayed July 2012
Dear kevnlittle,
We appreciate your comments and thank you for the recognition. I am glad our Front Office Team was able to assist with your special request and that you enjoyed your stay overall. We hope to see you soon.
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

Pros: Beautiful lobby and restaurant; generously sized room; tastefully decorated room; better than average in-room coffee fixings; great sound barrier (the bathroom wall effectively muffled a bunch of rowdy guests).

Cons: Service. I don't think they have enough employees, so they are scatterbrained and constantly apologizing for not providing prompt, efficient service. The employees were all friendly, but that's not enough for a hotel that's trying to achieve the international hotel reputation that the Skirvin seems to solicit. Our receptionist kept talking to people on the phone, to the manager, to the housekeeper, to anyone but US as we were checking in. It was a disappointing introduction to the hotel. I just felt that the conversations the receptionist was having were highly unprofessional. Why should a guest have to be a party to a conversation between the receptionist and a housekeeper? Come on.

Similarly, our waitress at the hotel kept telling us things that I don't think we should have known--about how the knives weren't all cleaned. She was so friendly, but she just wasn't trained as to how to address problems without sounding completely unprofessional. Many of the employees were busy with a wedding party, so that explains why she seemed to have been jockeying too many tables.

As for our room, I enjoyed the coffee, the toiletries, and the high-quality hair dryer. The bed was very comfortable. We found the bathroom taps confusing; it took a long time to figure out the shower.

I'm just rating our personal experience with the service during THIS particular visit. I would probably book a hotel room there again, if I were passing through, because I believe that the lapses in the service may have been flukes...but I would not go again to the restaurant, as the food was NOT worth the price at all (my fish and my husband's steak were overcooked).

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Shawna_Ross,

Thank you very much for taking the time for both your reviews. Your feedback on the restaurant site as well as this one are highly appreciated, as your comments are extremely helpful and have been shared with our Team. I am sorry if we did not live completely up to your expectations. I am grateful that you would consider a return visit as indicated and am positive that your experience will be a more positive one then as this visit fell unusually flat. We look forward serving you again in the future.
Martin van der Laan I General Manager I martinvanderlaan@skirvinhilton.com

Been to The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City? Share your experiences!