“Description of room on website not true!” 2 of 5 stars

Double Points Package
Ranked #4 of 144 Hotels in Oklahoma City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Comanche, Oklahoma
“Description of room on website not true!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2012 via mobile

Under impressed. Description states rotunda suite has separate shower and bathtub. Room had no tub. Description says two bathrobes, only one in room. Paid extra for a high floor and ended up on the fifth floor. Called the front desk shortly after arrival and was told, it is what it is. We are sorry we are not meeting your standards please try to enjoy your stay. Very disappointing.

• Stayed February 2012
MartinvanderLaan, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this review, February 13, 2012
Dear JJD0523,
Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to review our property. I trust you have received my private response as well and I want to apologize one more time for not living up to your expectations. We appreciate you pointing out the error related to the tub/shower arrangement in our amazing Rotunda Suites on our website, which will be corrected ASAP. I am sorry we were not able to accommodate your Request for an upgrade to a higher floor and assure you once more that you were NOT charged for the upgrade. I trust you are satisfied with the resolution and assure you that your comments have been shared with our Team for appropriate reaction internally. Please extend my sincere birthday congratulations to your wife once more.
Martin van der Laan I General Manager I martinvanderlaan@skirvinhilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
East Islip, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

We stayed only one night in OKC, and we stayed at the Skirvin. Park yourself in the lot on Gaylord Ave - only $5. Impressive, vintage lobby with beautiful drapery, soft comfy bed, clean room and rounded shower curtain (strange detail that I love). Looked fairly updated. Needs more accessible outlets and free wifi... having to pay $10/d for it is stupid. Didn't eat any meals here, but read it was pretty good. Walking distance to Bricktown and pretty centralized.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
MartinvanderLaan, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this review, February 8, 2012
Dear Beachpebbles47,
Thank you for your review. Your comments and recognition are highly appreciated. We hope the next time you have an opportunity to visit our amazing Park Avenue Grill as well. Safe travels in the meantime.
Enid, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2012

The reviews were so good that I expected a lot. There wasn't a thing about our experience that was less than good, but I wouldn't say it was the best hotel I've ever stayed in (and I've stayed in a few!) My husband and I stayed here for one night for our anniversary, and it was a very pretty Hilton, but in the end, just another Hilton.

Likes:
- The hotel is, in fact, gorgeous!
- We were able to walk to all of the places we wanted to go to in Bricktown. We walked to Harkins, Melting Pot and various bars afterward.
- Clean, small room, but very comfortable and beautifully designed/decorated.
- The piano bar was fantastic. Great service and comfortable lounge area.
- Staff was friendly

Dislikes:
- No matter how good the hotel is, I still had to deal with the Hilton call center to make a reservation. I was disappointed in the attitude of the person doing my reservation for me, but I can't blame the Skirvin for that, so I won't bother going into details. I'll only say she was NOT friendly OR helpful.
- Upon check-in, there was some confusion about our rate that we had reserved via the call center. I explained what we had booked and was told there was no such package. If not for the second employee that informed her of the deal, I feel like we wouldn't have gotten the package we had initially reserved, which was to include complimentary breakfast and complimentary wi-fi. I was grateful that the second employee for coming to the rescue of the first, as I guess it was a new package deal that she was unaware of, and not willing to give me at first. I can't complain too much because it was taken care of and we were apologized to, but I would expect employees to know the current rates and packages. I may have been really disappointed if the second employee had not been there to correct her.
- We asked for a room with a view since it was our anniversary and were told we would get one on the 5th floor. Turns out, it was a view of the parking garage. And the windows were covered in dirt, so it wasn't much of a view at all. It WAS a corner room with large windows, so we did like that.

Other comments:
- A previous reviewer had mentioned that valet parking was almost necessary, as the parking garage was a bit of a hike, but we found the parking garage to be VERY close and convenient, and, after the 30-second walk, we were glad we didn't pay extra for valet.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
MartinvanderLaan, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this review, February 6, 2012
Dear Travelinf00ls,
Congratulations on your recent anniversary.
I can't thank you enough for your thorough review. Your feedback was extremely helpful and appreciated. I am very sorry you encountered some opportunities with the Hilton Reservation Call Center and at check-in. Although extremely proud of our Team already, your comments will continue to assist us to improve where needed. We hope to see you soon once again.
Tulsa, OK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

Stayed here two times in January 2012. The hotel is fully renovated & retains its old-world charm and grace. Vibrant bar scene, excellent restaurant. Very nice work out area. This is a place to impress.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the hotel to avoid the bright lights from out front all night long...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
MartinvanderLaan, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this review, February 3, 2012
Dear Art918,
After a Century of personalized service we are thrilled that we continue to impress our guests. We are glad you consider our unique & historic property a special place in OKC. We thank you for your second review and trust you will grace us with a return visit in the near future.
Wichita, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012 via mobile

This is a good example how you can take a old Hotel and bring it to todays standards. I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to stay downton.

• Stayed January 2012
MartinvanderLaan, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this review, February 1, 2012
Dear dhorn62,
We appreciate your recommendation of our amazing property. Thank you for taking the time to do so.
Tulsa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

Stayed here for the uptenth time last week. Close to everything including Brick Town. Will go back soon.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
MartinvanderLaan, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this review, January 31, 2012
Thank you for your loyalty, review and recognizing that the Skirvin is the ultimate "in the center of it all "hotel in OKC. See you soon.
Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2012

This hotel has been refurbished to the early 1900's original. You have to experience it to understand the feeling. You'll step back in time.
The staff are absolutely the best in hotel hospitality.
The area is downtown and is within walking distance of Bricktown. The valet and taxi service is the best downtown.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
MartinvanderLaan, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this review, January 30, 2012
Dear MapmakerJenny,
The Team and I can't thank you enough for your awesome review.We are so glad you enjoyed this unique experience. Safe travels and we hope to see you soon once again.
Martin van der Laan I General Manager I martinvanderlaan@skirvinhilton.com

Been to The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City? Share your experiences!