“Wonderful hotel...Fantastic location!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Wellington, Kansas
“Wonderful hotel...Fantastic location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

Hubby & I stayed at the Skirvin Hilton Hotel in Oklahoma City, Ok. May 9-14 2011. This hotel is beautiful and centrally located in the downtown area. We were able to walk to Bricktown, Toby Keith's Grill, Bass Pro and the OKC Memorial. There is also a free trolley that runs in the area as well. Everyone at the hotel was kind & friendly. From the moment we checked in we felt cared for. We were also able to bring our small Chihuahua. This hotel was the closest to the downtown area we could find that would even allow pets. We paid a non-refundable $50 but it was well worth it. The room was awesome, we splurged & got a one bedroom king suite. We had breakfast vouchers for breakfast each morning. Their in-house restaurant, Park Avenue Grill, was wonderful. We had the breakfast buffet each morning. I cannot think of a single thing that wasn't offered on the buffet, you could even have the chef make you an omlette to order. I highly recommend this hotel & restaurant. It IS pricey, but as they say....you get what you pay for. We defintiely plan on staying there again next time we travel back down to OKC.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
MartinvanderLaan, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this review, June 15, 2011
Dear KansasRhonda,
Your review was terrific and has been shared with our Team. We appreciate the awesome highlights of the Hotel, the surrounding areas and our service. Thank you for the grand recommendation. We hope to see you soon for a return visit.
Martin van der Laan I General Manager I martinvanderlaan@skirvinhilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
DavidTexas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

Loved the Skirvin, came in with my family of 6 and was treated like gold as we arrived. More of a couples place than a family place but knew that going in, but this grand ole hotel is not to be missed!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
MartinvanderLaan, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this review, June 14, 2011
Dear David Texas,
Thank you for the terrific endorsement. We appreciate the Family visit.
We hope to see you soon once again.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2011

I booked this hotel without any real expectation of what it it would be like and I was pleasantly surprised. A grand hotel in the old tradition. I had a gigantic, comfortable room and the service was polite and unobtrusive. Would certainly recommend it to anyone traveling to Oklahoma City.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
MartinvanderLaan, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this review, June 10, 2011
Dear Kellogg,
Terrific having received your recommendation. We appreciate your business and are pleased that you experienced a pleasant stay. Hope to see you soon for a return visit.
Leverett, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2011

Wonderful history, comfortable and beautiful rooms, incredibly friendly staff and a bar and a bar tender to beat the band!!! We had a great time.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
MartinvanderLaan, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this review, June 6, 2011
We sincerely appreciate your time and terrific review. We look forward to your and the rest of your Company's next visits.
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2011

Upon entering the hotel lobby my immediate reaction was that I had stepped back in time. I half expected to see an old western scene unfold in front of me. The hotel management have done a great job of modernizing the hotel while retaining the historical feel in the common areas.

Rooms were nice, clean and modern (by contrast). It was a short in and out trip but I would stay here again.

I only had two complaints: 1) there appeared to not be enough wait staff at breakfast. We practically had to walk halfway across the restaurant just to flag somebody down to take our order. The food took a long while to show up and wait staff, again, were rare to be seen after serving us, 2) as others have said, the guys working the front door leave something to be desired. The quality of their service definitely does not match the elegant feel once you enter the hotel.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
MartinvanderLaan, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this review, May 23, 2011
Dear MIBS98,
The Skirvin is indeed a lovely historic hotel and we all think it is terrific that you recognize our grand Lady as such. She truly is the star of the show and one of a kind.
Your feedback regarding your service observations are highly appreciated, shared with our team and used to become better.
We look forward to your next visit. Thank you for taking the time to review the Skirvin.
Denver, CO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2011

We enjoyed our stay at the Skirvin Hilton very much. The location is great-you can walk to Bricktown, the Memorial, the Myriad Gardens, etc. The service was good and the room was clean (although I thought it was a bit small). There is quite a bit of charm and character to the hotel which I liked. We got a deal on Expedia for around $80.00 per night which was great, don't know if I'd pay the $200.00 rate I saw later after we'd already booked but we would definitely stay here again.

Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
MartinvanderLaan, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this review, May 18, 2011
Sincere appreciation for taking the time to review our historic hotel and the amazing location. We are glad you enjoyed the service, the hotel's charm & character and the terrific sights in the immediate vicinity. Thank you for staying with us.
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2011 via mobile

We stayed for just a night but will definitely return to this beautiful hotel. Everything about the Skirvin speaks class. Had a corner room with beautiful view. Rooms well-appointed. Fee-based Wi-fi. Piano/bass player in lobby most Thurs nights is a nice touch. Great bar. Enjoy!

• Stayed May 2011
MartinvanderLaan, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this review, May 16, 2011
Thank you for your review. Our Team appreciates your comments and we look forward to your future visits.
Kindest regards,
Martin van der Laan I General Manager I martinvanderlaan@skirvinhilton.com

Been to The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City? Share your experiences!